• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

War of the Worlds was alright I thought.

There were some moments where the film got pretty dark in its portrayal of human terror (that bit at the ferry station comes to mind).

The Cruise Missile was pretty good as a deadbeat dad who has to "step it up".

That little girl was such a cunt though, made me root for the aliens somewhat.

Qasiel

The only decent thing I could find about the film was the wonderful image of Scientologist Tom Cruise getting sucked into an alien machine's arsehole.

That little girl was such a cunt though, made me root for the aliens somewhat.

The son wasn't much better either. Whiny little shit.

NinjaBoiX

Spielberg begins and ends with Duel. You'll need to choose a different scene.
Duel and Smokey & The Bandit were my two favourite movies as a kid, I used to go round my mates and watch them over and over. Big plate of toast and jam, matchbox cars all over the carpet, then we'd try to re-enact the scenes/aimlessly smash cars into each other until one of us acquiesced.

Ah, good times.

I discovered why people don't buy off little woods. I ordered bravely default from them last thursday, and all their tracker says it will be delivered by the 8th, which it hasn't been, and then I got an email saying it will be delivered at some point before the 14th, so its done goofing up my schedule.

Qasiel

The first and only thing I ordered off Littlewoods was my N64. They called up 2 days later to say that it'd been cancelled due to it being out of stock. The next day it turned up, so my Mum called them to see what was going on but they still said that it was marked as cancelled so it couldn't possibly have been delivered.

So yeah, free N64 courtesy of Littlewoods.

Volotaire

I remember when Littlewoods was with Index, a competitor against Argos.

I don't purchase anything off Littlewoods unless it's in HUKD. Which means never because they generally charge high prices.

Qasiel

Do little woods still have physical stores in the UK? They don't in Ireland, but I remember there being quite a large one in Birkenhead.

There used to be a large one in a town near me in London, but that closed down years ago. I bought loads of blank CD-Rs which kept me going for a few years during the closing down sale.

I discovered why people don't buy off little woods. I ordered bravely default from them last thursday, and all their tracker says it will be delivered by the 8th, which it hasn't been, and then I got an email saying it will be delivered at some point before the 14th, so its done goofing up my schedule.

Blessing in disguise.

Volotaire

Now I have been searching for Index related materials and found the 1993 Index catalogue on YT. It's before my time, but great memories as a kid scrawling through catalogues and looking at GB/GBC/N64/PSone/Dreamcast and gleefully wishing I could own at least one system.

It's so bad it's good, I really enjoyed playing this terrible terrible game on PS4 recently. So many laughs
i remember enjoying it way back when, and i think when the game opens up i still will, but geez the cinematic side of things hasn't aged well at all. can't wait for final fantasy xii rerelease to remind everyone it's the best of the bunch.
as an aside, it's a weird feeling playing last of us again and being underwhelmed by what was arguably the best looking playstation 3 game. this gen. didn't seem like a big step forward but the culmination of a lot of little things really improves the experience, graphically at least.

also huzzah! got an interview.

i remember enjoying it way back when, and i think when the game opens up i still will, but geez the cinematic side of things hasn't aged well at all. can't wait for final fantasy xii rerelease to remind everyone it's the best of the bunch.
as an aside, it's a weird feeling playing last of us again and being underwhelmed by what was arguably the best looking playstation 3 game. this gen. didn't seem like a big step forward but the culmination of a lot of little things really improves the experience, graphically at least.

also huzzah! got an interview.

Your challenge is to somehow incorporate a specific Tidus quote into your interview. The quote is "HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HAHA. HA. HA. HA." You will be awarded bonus points if you still get the job.

(Good luck!)

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Your challenge is to somehow incorporate a specific Tidus quote into your interview. The quote is "HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HAHA. HA. HA. HA." You will be awarded bonus points if you still get the job.

(Good luck!)

That's not even the worst part of the story. The narrative is fucking terrible and the voices are beyond awful. Some lines are just splurted out, it is so bizarre. One of the best things about it is how after dramatic scenes the characters will rotate on their axis and leave. It never stops being funny.

The game part of X is great though!

(Good luck!)
i tookthe dress code being business formal to mean 'the g-string and shorts rikku wears in ffx-2' so throwing in a tidus line will only seal the deal, i think.

(cheers!)

That's not even the worst part of the story. The narrative is fucking terrible and the voices are beyond awful. Some lines are just splurted out, it is so bizarre. One of the best things about it is how after dramatic scenes the characters will rotate on their axis and leave. It never stops being funny.

The game part of X is great though!

There was a thread about FFX last week in which people were trying to convince me that the story is the greatest piece of literature humanity has created.

It was painful.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I thought FFX was garbage. But I think every JRPG I've played is. I'm not interested in teenage dramas, especially not convoluted ones.

Hi britgaf. Long time reader, first time poster.

Glad to jump in and meet you all

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc) Yorkshire
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Online video entertainment
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Take a few with me
Favourite daytime TV show? Community
Fish or chips? Chips
Daddy or chips? (leather) daddy
What's your tipple of choice? A chinzano if you please
Favourite party snack? Party rings
Who is the best bald person? Me
What's your disappointing claim to fame? Get a drink in me and I'll explain
What's your perfect Sunday? Alcohol, burger, rimjob
Did you threaten to overrule him? Of course
Did you threaten to overrule him? Of course not
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? Yeah, but no, but...

Hi britgaf. Long time reader, first time poster.

Glad to jump in and meet you all

Where do you come from? (Where do you go, where do you come from Cotton Eye Joe etc) Yorkshire
What's your job/current education/whatever the heck it is you're up to? Online video entertainment
What do you hope to achieve before your futile existence comes to an end? Take a few with me
Favourite daytime TV show? Community
Fish or chips? Chips
Daddy or chips? (leather) daddy
What's your tipple of choice? A chinzano if you please
Favourite party snack? Party rings
Who is the best bald person? Me
What's your disappointing claim to fame? Get a drink in me and I'll explain
What's your perfect Sunday? Alcohol, burger, rimjob
Did you threaten to overrule him? Of course
Did you threaten to overrule him? Of course not
It's a yes or no question minister, did you threaten to overrule him? Yeah, but no, but...

Welcome! So as a long time reader, can I ask what are your opinions on Britgaf of late?

Welcome! So as a long time reader, can I ask what are your opinions on Britgaf of late?

I haven't read britgaf much before, I just saw the thread linked from when there have been meets, but I'm a longtime gaf reader and this seemed somewhere safe to post without getting dragged into ban territory crap!

Gaf posts be daunting, yo

Nerdkiller

Membeur
The Hateful Eight, folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnRbXn4-Yis

UCuFY2C.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I haven't read britgaf much before, I just saw the thread linked from when there have been meets, but I'm a longtime gaf reader and this seemed somewhere safe to post without getting dragged into ban territory crap!

Gaf posts be daunting, yo

Hi! I'm a highly strung drama queen but don't take any of it personally! Nice to meet you 😁

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Greetings wallflower.

But mind you lern to spel Cinzano proper or there mite be trouble.

Dammit. Just noticed I forgot to take my rugby kit off after the Six Nations - oh well, roll on the World Cup.

Anyone else going to join us in UK PoliGAF while all this Labour Leadership thing is going on? I'm hanging my hat on Corbyn and Creasy, and may the consequence be that we live in interesting times.

Edit: sploatee is a highly strung drama queen. You heard it here first second.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
And that's exactly why I've signed up as a £3 supporter to vote for Corbyn & Creasy. See, I do pay attention sometimes! ;-)

Good on you!

I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow. By which I mean I think having principles is more important than being 'Westminster' ie what the press see as electable. I can't stand the rest of them. They're just more of the same and there's enough of the same already.

Top Bottom