• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

banofypie

Banned
Well it wouldn't change how much you seem to know about DD/LL, but we could rule out that you're at least not going to kill the poor girl after she's shat in a diaper.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
There's nothing parental about it. Read up on it properly. They only refer to the one as a 'daddy' as he is the protective figure in the relationship, and the other a 'little' as she is the one who needs or wants protection. This is NOT a father/daughter relationship, nor does it involve any form of incestual fantasy. It is the idea of a partner protecting their loved one to the extreme that is the appeal.

How'd you figure that? Because I posted a load of shit from Google? Your logic is flawed.

Hey - if you enjoy it and it's consensual, go for it. It's just not for me. I don't like peas but I don't want to ban them.

(I don't wanna read more about it, my brain space is limited today)

Symphonia

Banned
Well it wouldn't change how much you seem to know about DD/LL, but we could rule out that you're at least not going to kill the poor girl after she's shat in a diaper.
DD/LG is a 'sub-kink' of BDSM. I'm into BDSM. I've researched all parts of it, that's why I know 'so much' about it. Knife play, rape play, etc are not my cup of tea.

Hey - if you enjoy it and it's consensual, go for it. It's just not for me. I don't like peas but I don't want to ban them.

(I don't wanna read more about it, my brain space is limited today)
As I said, I myself am not into it, I'm just explaining the misconception people seem to have about it. Again, not my cup of tea.

NinjaBoiX

My mate Dave at work has boiling water instead of milk on his cereal. That's weird right?
There's nothing parental about it. Read up on it properly. They only refer to the one as a 'daddy' as he is the protective figure in the relationship, and the other a 'little' as she is the one who needs or wants protection.
Whatever dude, you're reaching here. It's a really seedy kink where you view and treat your sexual partner as a submissive little girl and you as the protective authority figure, the most obvious analog being a father and his daughter.

You can keep trying to deflect the issue and pretend "we just don't get it" but it's not a complicated idea.

It's as simple to understand as it is skin-crawlingly creepy.
As I said, I myself am not into it, I'm just explaining the misconception people seem to have about it. Again, not my cup of tea.
PZmzW8C.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Anyway, while we're talking about deviancy, now seems a good time as any to come out as trans.

So er yeah. Bit awkward given my post history but hey. Yep. I transitioned long time ago and thought I'd keep it super quiet but it just feels dishonest and like I can't be authentic and myself and all of those buzz words.

So yep. There you go. So you now need to be politically correct and all of that and treat me differently or else I'll report you to a mod.

Quite a big deal for me, this, so pls be nice! I've been 'in the closet' for er what 5 years now? Something like that.

Mikeside

Anyway, while we're talking about deviancy, now seems a good time as any to come out as trans.

So er yeah. Bit awkward given my post history but hey. Yep. I transitioned long time ago and thought I'd keep it super quiet but it just feels dishonest and like I can't be authentic and myself and all of those buzz words.

So yep. There you go. So you now need to be politically correct and all of that and treat me differently or else I'll report you to a mod.

Quite a big deal for me, this, so pls be nice! I've been 'in the closet' for er what 5 years now? Something like that.

This literally changes nothing about you in my opinion.
Keep on truckin', good buddy.

I'm into BDSM.

I don't actually know anyone who's into BDSM so this is a great opportunity to ask, have you seen 50 Shades of Grey? What's your opinion on it and does it accurately depict a BDSM relationship?

I see that bridge all the time and it still makes me giggle.

3 things. First, if you hadn't of said anything I would never have guessed. Second, as Mike said this alters my opinion of you not even in the slightest. Third, that's a brave thing you just did by coming out, there must have been a reason you wanted to keep it quiet for so long and that's completely your prerogative, but I applaude your bravery for deciding to come out now.

You're awesome :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
3 things. First, if you hadn't of said anything I would never have guessed. Second, as Mike said this alters my opinion of you not even in the slightest. Third, that's a brave thing you just did by coming out, there must have been a reason you wanted to keep it quiet for so long and that's completely your prerogative, but I applaude your bravery for deciding to come out now.

You're awesome :)

Literal d'awww! Yes, I was "lucky" in that I had hormonal deficiencies and what not growing up which gave me a bit of a physical erm head-start? I don't know. But thanks :)

It's weird cos I have the opposite problem most trans people have (mainly the trans women, I guess). I "pass" pretty much perfectly (at least as far as I know) which means that you end up in a pickle where you want to be open about yourself and authentic and so on, but you also don't want people to feel like you've deceived them or to end up saying hurtful things (which has happened quite a lot in the past). So it's a huge boost to know that you're cool with it :) it feels like holding your breath in for years and finally just exhaling.

Symphonia

Banned
I don't actually know anyone who's into BDSM so this is a great opportunity to ask, have you seen 50 Shades of Grey? What's your opinion on it and does it accurately depict a BDSM relationship?
I'm yet to see the film but I have read the book. What's percieved in the book as BDSM is not BDSM at all. It is just pure physical abuse. You could say that BDSM is, to an extent, about being 'abusive' during sex, but thats more about being dominant and taking complete control. What Christian Grey does is just beat and abuse Anastasia at any time he sees fit. It's only seen as acceptable because she signed a contract, which is stupid. The book is utter garbage. E L James clearly did little to no research into BDSM before putting pen to paper.

From what I've heard, though, the sex scenes in the 50SoG film are different than the book. Whether this is for better or for worse, I do not know. I imagine they'd had to tone down a lot of stuff for it to be approved by the BBFC. In all honesty, I have very little interest in seeing it.

NinjaBoiX

Whoa sploatee, mind exploded, fair play mate!

I disagree that my opinion of you hasn't changed though, your bravery to come out has just put you up even higher in my estimations.

You've got balls man!

(Sorry, I had to.)

:p

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks Ninj! I was expecting a bad joke :p

And thank ye too Meat.

*does a little dance, makes a little noise*

You're my favourite person today, stay awesome.

Thank you, sir! In a non-BDSM way!

I'm yet to see the film but I have read the book. What's percieved in the book as BDSM is not BDSM at all. It is just pure physical abuse. You could say that BDSM is, to an extent, about being 'abusive' during sex, but thats more about being dominant and taking complete control. What Christian Grey does is just beat and abuse Anastasia at any time he sees fit. It's only seen as acceptable because she signed a contract, which is stupid. The book is utter garbage. E L James clearly did little to no research into BDSM before putting pen to paper.

From what I've heard, though, the sex scenes in the 50SoG film are different than the book. Whether this is for better or for worse, I do not know. I imagine they'd had to tone down a lot of stuff for it to be approved by the BBFC. In all honesty, I have very little interest in seeing it.

Reading your post made me quite cross.

I've seen the film and E's read the book and seen the film. It seems that both belabour the need for consent to the point of near-parody.

If the book was to be taken as some kind of authoritative fiction on BDSM, then it would fail. But it's not trying to be that. It's a book about a particular relationship between two people. If I were a BDSM activist then I'd be more concerned about how Christian Grey's predilections have their roots in a dysfunctional past, but then my concern would be tempered by the fact that now bondage gear is sold out at every bloody sex shop. Lovehoney even had a 50 shades sale! This is a good thing, imo.

So I just don't get the outrage over the film. My main grumble was that all the sex seemed to be toned down in favour of a pretty shallow romance plot. Although Jamie Dornan had a supremely hot body and spent most of the film topless.

Literal d'awww! Yes, I was "lucky" in that I had hormonal deficiencies and what not growing up which gave me a bit of a physical erm head-start? I don't know. But thanks :)

It's weird cos I have the opposite problem most trans people have (mainly the trans women, I guess). I "pass" pretty much perfectly (at least as far as I know) which means that you end up in a pickle where you want to be open about yourself and authentic and so on, but you also don't want people to feel like you've deceived them or to end up saying hurtful things (which has happened quite a lot in the past). So it's a huge boost to know that you're cool with it :) it feels like holding your breath in for years and finally just exhaling.

I don't think it can be seen as deceiving, it's just a fact about yourself you decline to tell people, and we all have plenty of those. It's completely up to you how much information you want to share with people.

I know how hard it can be for some people. My friend's sister is trans, only recently too. She feels that she doesn't pass very well, and unfortunately has had hurtful comments directed at her. It's gotten to the point where she now just hates what she sees in the mirror so much so that she wants to have facial surgery to try and make things better. I really feel for her, it's horrid that it's gotten to that point and she shouldn't have to do it, but if it helps her to feel better about herself then so be it. I'm just not sure it'll address all the issues she has about herself.

Oh ok that's really interesting. See I've not read the book, the film must have been toned down loads because none of what I saw seemed outright abusive. She doesn't actually sign the contract in the film either. It wasn't actually as shit as I thought it was going to be, but it wasn't great. I definitely hasn't compelled me to want to read the book.

Symphonia

Banned
Reading your post made me quite cross.
I'm sorry if it angers you, but Musha asked for my opinion on it, so I gave it. I just personally feel that the books at least - I'm yet to see the film - paint the picture that BDSM is all about violence and shaming when, in reality, BDSM is completely different. Well, from the times where I've participated in it it has. It differs for different people.

Also, just to put my two cents in, just like everyone else here, my opinion of you has not changed regarding your confession. Why would it? I still regard you as one of the better posters on NeoGAF. Gender does not play a part in that.

Skele7on

Banned
this thread is pure filth and fun.

It's good to be back home after snowboarding and having a good ol' read.

Personally I watched 50 shades the other night, without the context and some of the craziness of the book, it feels like a twilight but with more sex and less vampires/wolves and stuff.

sploatee

jeremiah_johnson_nodding.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I don't think it can be seen as deceiving, it's just a fact about yourself you decline to tell people, and we all have plenty of those. It's completely up to you how much information you want to share with people.

I know how hard it can be for some people. My friend's sister is trans, only recently too. She feels that she doesn't pass very well, and unfortunately has had hurtful comments directed at her. It's gotten to the point where she now just hates what she sees in the mirror so much so that she wants to have facial surgery to try and make things better. I really feel for her, it's horrid that it's gotten to that point and she shouldn't have to do it, but if it helps her to feel better about herself then so be it. I'm just not sure it'll address all the issues she has about herself.

It's really tough if you don't pass. People aren't very nice to you. I had a bit of surgery, some the NHS did and some privately, but I was lucky physically before I even went for it. I was bloody working on the make-up counters at Selfridges ffs, it's not exactly a tough environment. The surgery is bloody painful though and frightening, so I hope she's aware that it can be pretty nightmarish. But my heart goes out to her. It's really, really hard. I've been out even in Canal St and trans friends get abuse from passers by "that's a bloke!" "oi! mate!" stuff like that, which makes me feel absolutely awful for them. Even on canal st! You just wanna grab the numpties by the throat and shake them.

I'm sorry if it angers you, but Musha asked for my opinion on it, so I gave it. I just personally feel that the books at least - I'm yet to see the film - paint the picture that BDSM is all about violence and shaming when, in reality, BDSM is completely different. Well, from the times where I've participated in it it has. It differs for different people.

Also, just to put my two cents in, just like everyone else here, my opinion of you has not changed regarding your confession. Why would it? I still regard you as one of the better posters on NeoGAF. Gender does not play a part in that.

That's fair enough. I have to say I didn't get that impression at all. And thanks :) I've lost quite a few friends and family in the past, you see. So it does make you a bit reluctant. But yeah, anyway, I disagree with you on 50 shades :)

Sploat! Go you. Awesome that you're comfortable here to tell us and stuff. I feel I should have more meaningful stuff to say but it's almost lunch and frankly I'm a bit hungry and distracted by that.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Very brave of you to say this, lots of respect for that. Still the best britgaffer :)

Oh and 50 Shades of Grey is fucking terrible. It isn't sexy or even so bad it is good. It is just boring. Plus the relationship between the two characters is incredibly creepy and weird. BDSM is not my thing and consenting adults can do as they please, but the relationship itself is disturbing and weird to me. It just comes across as abusive - although she very clearly has the power in so much as she can leave and frequently makes him bend over figuratively to get her back.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sploat! Go you. Awesome that you're comfortable here to tell us and stuff. I feel I should have more meaningful stuff to say but it's almost lunch and frankly I'm a bit hungry and distracted by that.

Boss McGoss, Boom McGoom, Bang McGang etc. What was for lunch?

Very brave of you to say this, lots of respect for that. Still the best britgaffer :)

Terry Waite! That means great!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Peas are so inoffensive, what's wrong with them? Now if you said mushy peas I'd lean towards agreeing with you.

The_Poet

Banned
Errrr yeah loads.

But how was the Orient?

I can confirm that the wall is indeed great

China/Russia border towns are fucking cold and bar fights are common

I was scared for my eyesight on new year

Locals like to take pictures of westerners eating

Chinglish is always hilarious

Scorpions are surprisingly good

banofypie

Banned
I just ate two creme eggs at once and now feel sick..
This is probably the most eventful day this thread has had for a while and this pretty much just put it up there as the most eventful day it's ever had.

What a time to be alive, in this, the year 2015.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
this thread is pure filth and fun.

It's good to be back home after snowboarding and having a good ol' read.

Personally I watched 50 shades the other night, without the context and some of the craziness of the book, it feels like a twilight but with more sex and less vampires/wolves and stuff.

sploatee

jeremiah_johnson_nodding.gif

Ta!

THIS THREAD IS THE BEST AND MAKES ME SO HAPPY.

everyone here is great. except peas. fuck peas.

Peas are minging. Yuck. Hate them. And they pop up in EVERYTHING!

I can confirm that the wall is indeed great

China/Russia border towns are fucking cold and bar fights are common

I was scared for my eyesight on new year

Locals like to take pictures of westerners eating

Chinglish is always hilarious

Scorpions are surprisingly good

What happened to your eyesight?

Sounds amazing. A friend has just come back from there, loved it but said the more rural places were quite filthy by Western standards. I hope that's not racist.

The big news is that Cyst is back. The thread is saved!

And there was a discussion about LL/DG (is that right?) within like 2 posts!

Skele7on

Banned
Cause and Effect.

I wanted to see if it was possible, it was, but the sugar hit was just too much for me.

This is probably the most eventful day this thread has had for a while and this pretty much just put it up there as the most eventful day it's ever had.

What a time to be alive, in this, the year 2015.

I know, I like to think I can show my grand kids this very thread and say
"You'll never have a day as good as this. EVER"

The_Poet

Banned
What happened to your eyesight?

Sounds amazing. A friend has just come back from there, loved it but said the more rural places were quite filthy by Western standards. I hope that's not racist.

The fireworks were going off everywhere, they had huge rolls of firecrackers that they roll down the middle of the road and light it up while its still rolling. bits of cardboard and debris is constantly hitting you in the face, good fun though.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
The fireworks were going off everywhere, they had huge rolls of firecrackers that they roll down the middle of the road and light it up while its still rolling. bits of cardboard and debris is constantly hitting you in the face, good fun though.

Sounds incredible and like you had a really amazing experience.

Hardly exciting, a couple of rolls. Cheese and salami. A simple lunch to make.

Solid is sometimes more important than spectacular.

Oh shit, actual activity in here :O.

So yeah what's new?

Cyst is back and we talked about DLC/GG or whatever it is.
I'm a trans
Skeleton ate two creme eggs
A civil war is breaking out between those who like peas and those who are righteous.

Choose wisely, D. Think before you eat your next pea.

Son Of D

we're all listing our sexual kinks and cy started us off with enjoying taking care of women that shit their diapers so he likes children or old people

everyone is afraid to ask

Right. Okay then. Good for you Cy.

On another note, do we know about the next meet yet?

Top Bottom