• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broad City Season 3 |OT| The Match of the Century

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Is Hannibal gone from the show? He's barely been on, so this seems like a neat sendoff in some way.

Ilana :(

Trey :((

Even after 3 seasons i still get the giggles everytime i see Bichael Jackson. Also the "I tweet, I tweeeeeet" has become a catchphrase in my house.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
God, how did I not get that that entire sequence was a Mrs. Doubtfire homage? I love that movie and have seen it a million times but I didn't get any of the references until I read through you guys' posts...

Lijik

God, how did I not get that that entire sequence was a Mrs. Doubtfire homage? I love that movie and have seen it a million times but I didn't get any of the references until I read through you guys' posts...
i totally missed it the first time too
good excuse to rewatch the movie and the episode lmao

TheOddOne

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The last episode was the first episode I watched so yeah, I need to catch up with this show. Glad I wasn't just imagining the restaurant scene being a Mrs.Doubtfire homage.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
"It's like Africa for Jews" omg

Liana throwing her flip flop at the flight attendant was amazing.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It was an okay season. Definitely the weakest so far, though. :\

3phemeral

It was an okay season. Definitely the weakest so far, though. :\

I really only disliked two episodes: the one with the beanie baby and the one before that. All of the others have been, imo, in line with S1. Both of their timing and reactions are always so spot-on and perfectly quirky.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I feel like this season was just okay, too. It didn't really surpass my expectations, like the last one.

However, I just watched the Time Traveling Bong, and it was honestly on another level. 10/10 would watch again.

It was perf.

Quick

Banned
It's funny that the final episode is a bottle episode.

It was almost obvious that the sleeping person between them was actually dead.

Guest stars this season have been on point. Can't say I've watched much of Tracee Ellis Ross' work, but I do know her and it's always a nice surprise to see her pop up in things.

There are two versions of the finale?! Seems like a different edit was aired in Canada

What's the difference?

Clydefrog

I feel like this season was just okay, too. It didn't really surpass my expectations, like the last one.

However, I just watched the Time Traveling Bong, and it was honestly on another level. 10/10 would watch again.

It was perf.

Time Traveling Bong is fucking funny. I just finished watching it and laughed HARD throughout.

Bladenic

I'm on the Hulu episode, why exactly is Abbi not excited about date with Trey? Isn't that what she's wanted this whole time

Time Travel Bong was great. Ilana with straight hair was amazing and at first didn't think it was her.

I also had to double check to make it sure was and yes it was.

Now that this season is over I need to go back and watch the first two and then season three whenever it's available, if it isn't already.

Bladenic

I got the impression she felt he was moving too quickly when she was just enjoying a bang buddy.

But she kept him a secret and said she was embarrassed. Wouldn't she be excited that she finally hooked up with Trey? Am I completely wrong here, a review I read said that Trey was someone Abbi never liked??? Like yeah he may have treated her like shit when she was a cleaner but the way she acted around him I always thought she wanted to ride that dick until sunrise.

3phemeral

But she kept him a secret and said she was embarrassed. Wouldn't she be excited that she finally hooked up with Trey? Am I completely wrong here, a review I read said that Trey was someone Abbi never liked??? Like yeah he may have treated her like shit when she was a cleaner but the way she acted around him I always thought she wanted to ride that dick until sunrise.

That's true. I read it the same way so when she was pushing him away, I thought the same thing you did. But in every subsequent scene with them together, she seemed turned off by his chattiness. Also, wasn't it around the same time Ilana broke up with Lincoln? Could have been a confluence of events that made it difficult for her to open up.

In any case, I agree that it seemed a bit off.

brinstar

Really? I never got that impression at all. She lies to him on a regular basis and her and Illana make fun of him almost to his face. Until they drunkenly kissed this season I never thought there was anything between them.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Really? I never got that impression at all. She lies to him on a regular basis and her and Illana make fun of him almost to his face. Until they drunkenly kissed this season I never thought there was anything between them.

Yeah... my read for her "enamored" behavior around him was that she really wanted to be a trainer and she was trying to impress him to get the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom