• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broad City - Wednesdays on Comedy Central @ 10:30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Why the hell isn't there a thread for this show?!

ja63G5p.gif

Comedy Central synopsis said:
Broad City, created by UCB alums Abbi Jacobson and Ilana Glazer and produced by Amy Poehler, is an odd-couple comedy about two best friends navigating their twenties in New York City. Abbi and Ilana are broke and flawed, and they don’t shy away from the sticky situations NYC throws at them -- they dive right into the muck. But no matter how bad it gets, these young broads are always down with whatever hits them.

Cast:

• Ilana Glazer as Ilana
  • Abbi Jacobson as Abbi
  • Hannibal Buress as Lincoln
  • Arturo Castro as Jaime
  • Paul W. Downs as Trey
  • John Gemberling as Bevers
  • Chris Gethard as Derek
  • Stephen Schneider as Jeremy

Qa0fpf7.jpg

Videos:

Links:

tumblr_n0l7btn8ur1qb83vbo1_500.gif

DominoKid

ah damn i knew i was forgetting to watch something tonight.

i hope this show ends up being a hit or at least popular enough to get another season or 2.

I heard about this show on the Girls with Hoodies podcast yesterday and they were all gushing about it. Watched the first four episodes... wow. The two leads are so great and Hannibal Buress is killing it in every scene he's in. Props to the show for reaching such high levels of weirdness, while still feeling relatable.

big ander

this show is hysterical. This week's ep was as good as P*$$Y Weed and The Lockout. Ilana's "late 20s" and being paranoid about "the cloud" and the painful improv show, abbi's failed date and ordering pudding, Lincoln complaining to the dog about phone etiquette and eating an entire cake, the random bitchy woman in times square. One of those shows that I don't think I could ever see being absolutely brilliant, but could be consistently funny and enjoyable for seasons and seasons.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Love these girls, started watching the YouTube video and moved on to the CC show. Surprised this thread isn't bigger.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This show is absolutely fantastic. I'm shocked at how much I enjoy it and am so glad there is going to be a second season.

way more

This show blindsided me with how hilarious it was. Given that Comedy Central and IFC have been culling the extended family of Earwolf I didn't pay any attention to what looked like another Weed n' Bro-fest but with ladies. Instead this is better than both Kroll and CBB. I love those two shows but this is much faster, unpredictable, and honest.

giphy.gif

I rewound this like scene like 10 times laughing over and over. And then I downloaded it and ripped the scene.

I love this show, new favorite for sure.

Some of my favorite moments so far are:

- Abbi rolling down the hallways at the dentist office
- Abbi seeing the sorry note on Jeremy's door and she starts falling over
- The mail lady Garol and her yogurt
- Judith Light, the dog

Clevinger

Bevers is amazing

giphy.gif

I rewound this like scene like 10 times laughing over and over. And then I downloaded it and ripped the scene.

Yeah, I think the first episode is the best one so far and that scene was fuckin incredible.

big ander

Oh my god, jaime's story about privately calling his turtle the n-word and hannibal's reaction. Great ep.
wat they look like they are in their 40s
they are actually mid- to late-20s. think like 26, 27? feel like this is the kind of comment people make when they only know 20-somethings through television

Oh my god, jaime's story about privately calling his turtle the n-word and hannibal's reaction. Great ep.

they are actually mid- to late-20s. think like 26, 27? feel like this is the kind of comment people make when they only know 20-somethings through television

Lol. I was dying at that part and when he was saying how he ate the cob when eating corn on the cob one time, but now always eats the cob.

Aiustis

I love this show. It's my new favorite. I actually thought it'd be just the kind of thing I wouldn't like until I caught the end of that episode where they imagine themselves as dogs.

Show is amazing. I love how Abbi and Ilana used so many of their friends from the NY comedy scene in the show (John Gemberling as Bevers, Chris Gethard immediately comes to mind).

Archurro

I just caught up and this show is incredible. The part in the hurricane episode where Ilana dares Abby to suck Jeremy's dick in a game of truth or dare was the hilarious thing I've ever seen on a television show.

Jesus Christ, this week's episode was unreal. It built so well on everything they've established so far. It reminded me of those episodes of Community that just come out of nowhere with absolutely insane character-based cringe comedy and wackiness.

Dereck

This show is kind of funny, but then it's really funny.

But then I'm like, damn, they're really hot. Then I'm like, Hannibal is funny. Then, I'm watching the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom