• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broad City Season 4 |OT| Wednesdays on Comedy Central

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
ROFL Shania! omg

~

"Sorry man"

"Ma'am?"

"No no, I said 'man'"

"Okay, cool. Thanks doctor."

"I'm not a doctor."

"OKAY"

TaOKMEi.png

I'm liking Rupaul's character.

Same. That entire situation at the sushi place is amazing.

Not

Banned
THIS EPISODE WAS GREAT TOO

Wait, Trey's gone after this one? Is Lincoln gone for good too???

AAAAAAA

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
Everything involving Shania was just full on cringe, and not in a good way, though Trey makes it at least tolerable – one of the best characters in this show. RuPaul and the restaurant bits were good too. Curious to see what that storyline leads to.

Shania Twain still looks really good.

Ru Paul must be fairly tall

Never watched Friends, I'm guessing Trey did a bad impression.

His little prayer hands bow he does is always funny.

LotusHD

Banned
I have never actually seen RuPaul before, never heard his voice, and yet I somehow figured that must be him lol

Dude looked important.

Funny thing is, she really has slimmed down considerably. Not that she was fat before but she looks trimmer for certain.
It’s that rule of the longer the show goes on the more attractive the cast gets.

I know the show has always had fun with Illana’s wardrobe since she’s such a flamboyant personality but I hope they don’t go too overboard with the new outfits every episode. Something I liked about the show was seeing the same pieces show up pretty frequently, really helped sell that these where two girls still trying to find their footing.

Anyway, first episode got some good laughs out of me but this one was mostly whatever? Idk when it comes to the celebrity episodes I feel like they are pretty hit or miss and maybe they should just stick to the core cast and what they get up to. This one reminded me of the Hilary one with the self referential cringe.

It’s also two episodes into the season with both featuring gimmicks that distract from the two characters getting up to funny shit together.

I miss the side cast too, we need Bevers, Lincoln, and Jaimie in here. I’m gonna be sad if this is the last we see of Trey too, though I guess it makes sense from a storyline perspective if he gets left behind while Abbi pursues a career.

Bevers talking about how he did more than listen to Abbi having sex was great.

Ilana in her leotard costume was great.

Ilana shitting in her costume, not so much.

The animated sequence in this week's episode was neat.
Kudos to the people behind that, it was very creative but I didn’t get many laughs out of that entire sequence. For a bit I was starting to get worried the whole episode was animated and it was gonna be another miss in a mostly just ok season but the back half was pretty good.

Loved Illana’s struggle with the couple, Abbi’s bad trip was whatever till her fuckup go noticed, her struggle to get out the door cracked me up.

I guess Lincoln is getting eased out too after this episode :( at least Illana’s purging process was funny.

Dereck

I kind of had a slight itch to skip this episode solely because of the animated sequence because I thought it was gonna be that way the entire episode, it wasn't really grabbing my attention surprisingly. I don't like to generalize drug trip sequences in TV/cinema because I haven't taken drugs before or been on a trip before, and I never doubt the creativity of Abbi and Illana.

As soon as Wanda Sykes showed up I was reminded of how much the visual humor was integral to me liking the show, like, I appreciated the visual humor/body language of the show itself over the cartoon, decent idea but I'm not sure why I lost interest.

Lincoln constantly showing up was important because I felt like it was necessary to illustrate why Illana would be sexually uninterested or nervous, which is rare for her character. I do like the blatant foray into jealous Facebook stalking since it provides an understandable outlet for it. I think that kind of behavior is more relatable to me because otherwise you would be jealous of an ex without a proper method to expedite moving on from that ex. Not saying Facebook stalking/unfriending is a great choice, just saying that I get it.

Macaroons are colorful and taste good, maybe not as good as they look though. The reveal about the cat was great.

Animated sequence was cool, but I liked it switched back for the 2nd half of the episode.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
AMILF

Abby's mom I'd like to F--riend.

That episode was too much. I don't think I could ever have that kind of conversation with my mom.

LotusHD

Banned
Loved this episode, Abbi's mom was perfectly cast. And same, I could never have that type of relationship with my parents for a few minutes, much less an entire evening, I'm jealous lol

Also that scene where Marcel fired his son because he doesn't work with family was hilarious lmao

I binged this show over the summer and it is nice watching new episodes every week. It took me a while to realize that Roz from Frasier was the mother.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"I don't think I've had hard liquor, well, since I was pregnant with you"

haha

That was a fantastic episode - one of the series' best.

Top Bottom