• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broken Age Part 1 releasing this Tuesday (January 14th)

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I was starting to feel that way for a while, and it's part of why I largely won't be backing projects on KS anymore, but the recent footage got me back on board the hype train. Hopefully once the game is released, it'll win you back over too!

Yeah, hope so too :) Glad to hear I am not the only one that have felt like this! I

We're not taking preorders right now, but we will soon--stay tuned for more details.

There's no distinction between "backers" and "beta backers"--the minimum backer tier includes access on the 14th. The only exception would be if you just got a regular preorder when those were available, in which case you'll get the game on the regular release date, or if you backed the Kickstarter for less than the price of the lowest tier, in which case you'll have to buy the game separately.

JSoup

Banned
Ahh thank you.

It even lists the $30 tier items.

Mine lists me at the $60 tier, when I'm at the $100 one. I assume that's a majority of the $100 tier items are physical items that actually have to be mailed (many of which I've already gotten).

All backers are beta backers. The very first reward tier gives you beta access. Unless I guess you gave less than the minimum?

There's no distinction between "backers" and "beta backers"--the minimum backer tier includes access on the 14th.

Oh oops, you're right. Nearly all other Kickstarters that came after put beta access in a higher tier so I forgot it wasn't the case for Broken Age. Excellent then, I'll be playing it next week. :D

blamite

So excited to be able to play this! To e honest I totally forgot about it for a while but after seeing it in VGX I went back and caught up on the documentary (which is fantastic and worth the price of entry alone) and now I'm all hyped up again.

So excited to be able to play this! To e honest I totally forgot about it for a while but after seeing it in VGX I went back and caught up on the documentary (which is fantastic and worth the price of entry alone) and now I'm all hyped up again.

Yeah, the documentary has been incredible, really gets down to the minutia. Now this is a reality show I can be into! XD

JSoup

Banned
I've been holding off on watching the documentary episodes. Was initially going to wait until it's complete and I get my blu-ray copy in the mail. I think I'd still like to do that. But it's getting pretty long now and I'm fairly curious.

Zia

I was determined to hold off and play the entire thing until the moment a release date for Act 1 was announced. Absolutely no self-control.

Gazoinks

I somehow managed to completely forget about this. Awesome. I kinda want to hold-off and play only on release, but... That's not gonna happen. :p

The documentary has been really good, also.

I've been holding off on watching the documentary episodes. Was initially going to wait until it's complete and I get my blu-ray copy in the mail. I think I'd still like to do that. But it's getting pretty long now and I'm fairly curious.

It's pretty amazing tbqh. It's not spoiler-heavy at all. Outside of the basic premise of the game, the art style and various locations, anything story-related, at this point, has been blurred out in the documentary. There's easily several hours of content to get absorbed in.

I can't wait until I get off work Tuesday. I've never participated in a beta before, so even if there's some technical issues, hopefully I can help contribute something. I'm totally playing Act 1 ASAP. It'll make the wait for Act 2 hard, but as long as first act finishes with a logical "end point" I'll be pleased.

SOME-MIST

Would a midnight release of codes be something worth getting all hot and bothered over?

I was actually curious about this... though I'm sure it would be midnight PST which is 2 AM my time.

literally too excited for this that I'd consider staying up till then even with work tomorrow ^_^

Top Bottom