• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine S4 |OT| Go To Hell, Larry - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Story-wise this wasn't the best but this was one of the funniest episodes yet from a pure conedy standpoint. High hopes for this season (especially now that Neil Campbell from Comedy Bang! Bang! is a writer on B99)!

ZeroX03

Banned
I really liked that episode. No making time for a C-plot, just good, straight forward storytelling and jokes with the best pairing. Great guest stars too.

vypek

Ok episode. But probably would have been better if the premiere wasn't a two part special that was broken apart.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ok episode. But probably would have been better if the premiere wasn't a two part special that was broken apart.

I think it's actually a three-part special.

vypek

I think it's actually a three-part special.

Thats pretty disappointing for me when it comes to premieres. I assumed two because I didn't think it would go that long at the start of a season. Oh well, I'm looking forward to things going back to normal and the setting being NY. Hopefully the episodes don't focus on just Greg and Larry like last night.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Decent episode. I appreciated that they kept the focus on just Jake and Holt this week. One of the show's biggest problems last season was giving every single character something to do in every single episode, leaving the whole thing feeling kind of watered down, so it was nice to have things feeling focused for once.

"My favorite movie is Failuretolaunch."
"I wish I could believe you."

Great to be back. This show is like comfort food to me. It may not be the greatest but it makes me feel good watching it.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I thought it was alright, no middling C-plot to steal time makes a big difference

I agree. It was a great premier. It was purely about them two. If this is a 3-part, it would've made for a funny movie. :)

Grinchy

Banned
That was much better than most episodes from last season. I agree that it has a lot to do with the fact that they didn't have to struggle to write horrible side plots for the other characters.

Linius

Really enjoyed the premiere of this season. I don't mind a couple of episodes being about Greg and Larry before going back to normal.

aparisi2274

The Sheriff who was from Parks & Rec said he was trying to win a contest for Swansgiving for his wife... Was that supposed to be a nod to Ron Swanson?

Still probably my favourite comedy show on TV currently. I didn't even know it was starting again. Had two episodes on my DVR. So damn happy.

barik

Great stuff, witness protection was a great direction to go in. Some great cameos too, Ken Marino is always on point.

Macka

Whoa, surprised by the negativity in here. I agree that S3 was the weakest, but it still made me laugh more than most TV comedies do.

The first two eps of S4 have been very fun so far imo. Straight Holt is such a dog.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"Ugh I saw inside of you! How are humans alive?!"

lol

I really enjoyed that one a lot. It was the best episode in ages.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Heh. I actually thought that was by far the worst of the three. Just cartoonish nonsense from start to finish. I kept the other two on my DVR to maybe rewatch but immediately deleted this one.

big ander

Brooklyn 99/ New Girl crossover next week?

I'm not sure this will work. Comedy Crossovers rarely do.

I'm pretty sure it'll suck too. (though the trailer made me think Boyle might fit in well with the loft guys.) but I also find TV crossovers morbidly fascinating, so it'll at least be fun in 5 years when both shows are done to look back and think "oh yeah, that weird dumb thing happened"

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 4: episode 4 "The Night Shift"

This episode begins a crossover with New Girl that concludes on "Homecoming".

As Jake struggles with his first case back at the precinct, he encounters Jess Day (NEW GIRL guest star Zooey Deschanel), who is visiting New York, and enlists her to help him find his suspect. Meanwhile, Holt researches ways to increase office morale and Amy tries to figure out why Rosa keeps taking such long breaks.
- Promo for this week's episode.

vypek

The episodes weren't as intertwined as I thought they were going to be. I'm glad it wasn't a super awkward connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom