• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine S4 |OT| Go To Hell, Larry - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I have zero interest in New Girl and especially loath crossover episodes. Should I just skip this one or is still mostly Brooklyn?

Linius

Yeah that wasn't much of a crossover on the B99 side of things. It was a B99 episode with a random Jess appearing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Wait, that was the crossover episode? The crossover part lasted for like 10 seconds...
Probably more like 30-45 seconds, and it lasted one minute too long.

Decent episode however. Matt Walsh's appearance was funny.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The funny thing is that even though I've never seen New Girl, I guess I can see why they're similar. Mostly straight women surrounded by buffoons that she has to take care of. It's like a less flanderized version of Amy trying to keep the rest of the 99 from blowing up Brooklyn.

Santiako

What a pointless crossover.

The funny thing is that even though I've never seen New Girl, I guess I can see why they're similar. Mostly straight women surrounded by buffoons that she has to take care of. It's like a less flanderized version of Amy trying to keep the rest of the 99 from blowing up Brooklyn.

Jess is extremely flanderized now, she's as much of a caricature as the guys.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What a pointless crossover.

Jess is extremely flanderized now, she's as much of a caricature as the guys.
I guess after 6 seasons or whatever, there's only so much you can do.

You know I almost want to watch it though, mostly because I need time to fill and it seems pretty safe and background watchable. I guess in that respect the crossover did its job. lol

Santiako

I guess after 6 seasons or whatever, there's only so much you can do.

You know I almost want to watch it though, mostly because I need time to fill and it seems pretty safe and background watchable. I guess in that respect the crossover did its job. lol

The first 2 seasons are great, definitely recommend watching those. The rest are mostly just alright.

Quick

Banned
So, that crossover. That's seriously it on B99's end?

Based on what I've read, New Girl got more of B99 than vice versa.

What would've been a lot better was actually going deep into the crossover concept and have an hour-long episode that merges the two.

Instead, B99 gets a cameo from Zooey Deschanel's character cracking a joke about a crossover SUV. I did laugh at this purely from the execution though.

The crossover itself was pretty disappointing on that note.

But the episode itself was fine. Pedestrian for B99 standards, which works out just fine after the Florida trilogy. Sort of brings everything back to normal again.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 4: episode 5 "Halloween IV"

It's Halloween in the Nine-Nine, which can only mean one thing: heist time. This year, the squad members pull out all the stops in their quest to win the new defending title of "Ultimate Detective Slash Genius". Lines are drawn and plans are made, but there can only be one reigning champion.
- Promo for this week's episode.

Great episode. I was convinced the actor that played Bill was was joe lo truglio's real life brother. So similar.

I got a creepy vibe when jake held his hand.

Linius

Pfft who cares about elections, we need our B99 fix
dUlMFSY.png

VanWinkle

I have to admit I'm getting a little tired of the formula on the Halloween episodes, but at this point I don't see them changing it.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 3: episode 6 "Monster in the Closet"

Pimento and Rosa decide to pick up where they left off and get married, so the whole squad preps a perfect wedding under Amy’s careful direction. Pimento enlists Jake and Gina to hunt for his grandmother’s ruby earrings for Rosa to wear in the ceremony, but the universe has other plans for them.

I said it before but this show really is comfort food. I always have a positive mood after watching an episode.

Shame the credits were still playing during "VINDICATION!" Would have been perfect gif material.

Quick

Banned
VINDICATION!

That was real good.

Edit:

I said it before but this show really is comfort food. I always have a positive mood after watching an episode.

Shame the credits were still playing during "VINDICATION!" Would have been perfect gif material.

Tried to get the credits off as much as I could.

Gcivrem.gif

TheOddOne

New vindication today:
Season 4: episode 7 "Mr. Santiago"

At Amy's intricately planned Thanksgiving dinner, Jake goes "full Santiago" (binder and all) in order to impress her father, a former cop. With Jake and Amy's focus elsewhere, Charles is left on turkey duty and Holt helps Pimento cope after learning he can no longer work for the NYPD.

vypek

I don't think I mentioned it before but getting Boyle's family seems very extraneous to me. I can't remember if he married the woman or not but she and the son seemed like such rushed attachments for him that I don't like them whenever they do make a rare appearance.

I don't think I mentioned it before but getting Boyle's family seems very extraneous to me. I can't remember if he married the woman or not but she and the son seemed like such rushed attachments for him that I don't like them whenever they do make a rare appearance.
Jeez i agree. Is this kid adopted?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Not married. He had a breakdown last week with Rosa about it.

Terry's reaction to Boyle's line, "This isn't the first turkey I've killed in a friend's bathroom!" killed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom