• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Browns Coach Hue Jackson doesn't want protests, Shannon Sharpe takes exception

Furyous

Outside of Pete Carroll, name four coaches that encourage their players' taking political stances on the field like kneeling. This isn't a Cleveland Browns thing but an NFL thing. Owners don't want their players doing this as Kaep's apparent banishment shows. NFL fans don't want their players kneeling because of BS argument about patriotism and avoiding political stances in football.

Hue needs to word it better but his point is we have a game to compete in so don't make a distraction for the other guys during the season as reporters ask them questions about something outside of football.

LionPride

Banned
Outside of Pete Carroll, name four coaches that encourage their players' taking political stances on the field like kneeling. This isn't a Cleveland Browns thing but an NFL thing. Owners don't want their players doing this as Kaep's apparent banishment shows. NFL fans don't want their players kneeling because of BS argument about patriotism and avoiding political stances in football.

Hue needs to word it better but his point is we have a game to compete in so don't make a distraction for the other guys during the season as reporters ask them questions about something outside of football.
JDR
Uh...................shit idk

Tall4Life

The entire reason Hue can even get a job as a black football coach is because of the struggle of so many men before him. He even coaches Cleveland whose greatest player Jim Brown was definitely not quiet about race issues. It's disrespectful as fuck.

Shannon barely holding anything back there, he wants so bad to say what he really wants to about Hue but he knows he shouldn't because it's hard to do better and has to overcome the emotions involved.

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/899784342557171712

Well I guess that didn't work out for Hue! Massive props to these browns players.

giphy.gif

Browns with the "Fuck you, boss."

Dyle

When I first glanced at that, I thought we were focusing on the line in front, but then I realized they were kids. Good on the players, If I were at a game I'd join them in solidarity

Kelsdesu

The owners will do everything in their collective power to stop protest. They want to please their percieved majority fanbase. Players as a whole should cone together on this bullshit and all decide to take a knee.

Can yall even imagine that shit happening?

Also Hue is cooning for uncaring masters. He needs to take a look in the mirror and reflect on why he letting them use him as their token.

sans_pants

avec_pénis
My small town Ohio facebook group is blowing up over this. It's a football centric town so they are terrified of the players in high school following their "disrespectful" lead

Top Bottom