• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brutal Legend demo coming to XBL/PSN Sept 17!! ROCK ON

MMaRsu

Banned
Tim Schafer just announced a Brutal Legend demo for September 17th on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Marketplace.

It’s straight from the EA conference in Cologne.

source

AWWWW YEAH BABY

How awesome is this game going to be?

Brutal-Legend1.jpg

That awesome

God the spelling in that article was horrendous. Shaffer? Septmeber? lol

Great news. I'm very happy that we'll be able to get a sneak peek long before it ships (on October 13th in North America and October 16th in Europe).

I'm assuming this will be the tutorial they covered heavily in video. Already pre-ordered, but I can't wait for the demo.

Been hyped for this game for a long time.

After watching the new vids today at the EA conf I'm not really that impressed.

Hoping that the demo may turn me round. Glad it's not tooo far off either.

The track listing for the game's music is what got me pumped about this game. Can't wait to try the demo to see if the gameplay lives up to the sountrack's epicness
Enslaved, FUCK yes

NOTE: I'll be putting together the Official Thread in the middle of September and posting it probably Oct. 1, if anyone was working on anything or wants to help or whatever, let me know.

But awesome news, can't wait to try it out.

Nachkebia

Banned
I am not playing the god damn demo!!!! why you ask? because I do not want to spoil me some real game! October can not come soon enough!

Nose Master

Thank god, we can finally play the same thirty minutes we've been seeing them play for a year.

I'm so tired of hearing about this game, but with no actual substantial information :(

According to Gamestop and the Brutal Legend website you actually have to pre-order the game in order to get access to the demo on the 17th. That's weird...

shuri

Banned
Stormwatch said:
According to Gamestop and the Brutal Legend website you actually have to pre-order the game in order to get access to the demo on the 17th. That's weird...
wat

shuri said:

Going nutshit while you wait to get your hands on Brütal Legend? You’re not alone! In response to the Brütal Legion’s overwhelming support for the game, Tim Schafer announced that the Brütal Legend demo will soon be available on Xbox Live and PSN. If you want to be granted access to the demo, as well as a special in-game guitar inspired by Tenacious D, head over to a participating retailer and pre-order Brütal Legend.

http://www.brutallegend.com/blog/blogbrutallegendpreorder081109-2009-08-11

:/

stupei

Speedymanic said:
Shacknews are reporting that the demo will be a pre-order exclusive for at least a week, those who don't pre-order should be able to download the demo from Sept 24.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60048

Excitement makes a triumphant comeback!

It's been said to death already, but demos exclusively for people who have already committed to buying the game (at least in theory) make no sense to me. Look at the marked increase in hype surrounding Arkham Asylum after the public got their hands on the demo. Not enough people are hyped about Brutal Legend already, it needs more exposure outside of court cases.

Kuraudo

Banned
What's the point of providing a demo to someone who's already committed to buying the full product? It's like if the only way to watch a trailer for a movie was if you're already in the car on the way to the cinema.

Man I really hope I get to know someone with a console before this comes out. :lol I can't believe there's nobody in my circle of friends who has a next gen machine. :(

Kuraudo said:
What's the point of providing a demo to someone who's already committed to buying the full product? It's like if the only way to watch a trailer for a movie was if you're already in the car on the way to the cinema.
They just know that everyone who plays the demo will eventually want to buy the game, it's THAT awesome. They just combine it so you won't have to worry about purchasing it when it comes out. :)

stupei

Haunted said:
*shrugs* don't care.

This is a sure purchase for me anyway, I don't need a demo to convince me. :D

I guess it does work against my argument a little bit that I want the demo, but already intend to buy it. :lol

But still, really glad the demo will go public before the game's release. The game at least deserves a chance at selling decent.

StuBurns

Banned
There is no way I'm not getting the game day one, but a demo is still awesome to me. Can't wait. It's pretty rare people put out open-world demos.

stuburns said:
There is no way I'm not getting the game day one, but a demo is still awesome to me. Can't wait. It's pretty rare people put out open-world demos.
My guess would be that they release the intro part that's not open world yet. But we'll see.

Top Bottom