• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bugsnax - Review Thread

ethomaz

Banned
David Soriano
IGN Spain
Top Critic
7.5 / 10.0
Nov 11, 2020
Beyond its rather ugly aesthetic (so it's not really going to bring out the capabilities of PS5), Bugsnax has been a fun and original game that you arrive at by capturing its more than 100 Bugsnax and you stay for the story and character development.
Review in Spanish | Read full review

Evan Rowe
Saving Content
4 / 5
Nov 11, 2020
Bugsnax may not be the next big thing in creature collection, but it does a great job of bringing something new to the genre and demonstrates a lot of untapped potential therein. More importantly, it instills you with a sense of adventure in a strange new place to explore where any and all of your expectations are subject to defiance at a moment’s notice. The bugsnax themselves are consistently cute punctuation throughout your journey, but the journey of uncovering the mysteries of Snaktooth Island is far and away the real purpose of this game. Bugsnax will surprise you, it will delight you, and it will absolutely, positively burrow its way into your subconscious once you’ve dug in.
Read full review

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So Assassin's Creed Valhalla is a little bit better than Bugsnax. That's good to know. Seriously surprised!

ethomaz

Banned
YB3c1TL.png

Trunim

Does anyone know difference between ps4 and ps5 edition? Higher framerate, textures, resolution, raytracing (joke) etc?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Does anyone know difference between ps4 and ps5 edition? Higher framerate, textures, resolution, raytracing (joke) etc?
The reviewers didn't say anything technical different about them.... it probably runs better/solid on PS5 but it is the same game/graphics I guess... we need to wait a more technical comparison.

The only they said shines on PS5 version are one of the best uses of DualSense and "Game Help" feature.

Last edited:

Trunim

Well, damn, didn't know this was free for plus members. And good reviews on it as well. Why the heck not! Looks very charming and I love the artwork.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Bugsnax got memed out, trolled at every turn and in every thread....People who did not play had already judged.....Now review day is here and bugsnax is kicking ass and taking names.........Just like I thought it would...

Godfall?.......

tenor.gif
I have the strong impression that godfall was utterly fucked by videogames media...

Not saying that it's a 10\10 game but some reviews are made by people who clearly doesn't like looter games and it shows...also the combat looks pretty solid to me, maybe a little bit too easy but i only saw like the first stage on yt.

I saw a guy making a video about how some mongoloid reviewers don't get some extemely simple combat mechanics in the game and they talk about flaws because of that...over-complicated they say, fucking lol...

Last edited:
This game is so weird I don't even know what to make of it, and I'm not entirely sure if I enjoy it or not either.

It certainly is unique to the games I've played, I'll give it that.

Donarudo

John from DF did a PS5 launch stream today and played a couple of launch games. Among them Bugsnax, and he said it's the worst performing game on PS5, the PS4 pro version seems to run bad, too. Only way to get 60fps is to run the PS4 version on PS5.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I watched the stream and I don't understand why this game is getting such high reviews. It looks very poor compared to PS4's first Plus title which was Resogun and which actually managed to show how powerful the new hardware is.

MastaKiiLA

I watched the stream and I don't understand why this game is getting such high reviews. It looks very poor compared to PS4's first Plus title which was Resogun and which actually managed to show how powerful the new hardware is.
It's a quirky and charming game. The graphics are hilariously outdated, which I think also adds to the quirkiness. Apparently the game is fun, and has a nice cast of characters. I won't have a PS5 until 2021, but I'm actually going to sub to PS+ before it leaves the program, so I can add it to my collection. Not everything needs to push the hardware. Sometimes a good game can be a good game. What started as a meme has now become the GOTG.

Top Bottom