• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bullshots: How close did PS4/XB1 games come to the E3 builds? Let's see!

Heratiki

LOL @ Forza and the cardboard crowd. Man you can easily pick out the duplicates as they are as plain as day with that lighting engine. Sigh it could have been great so I'll just look forward to GT7.

thuway

They weren't though? Forza yes, but Ryse has better lighting, higher fidelity models for everyone who isn't marius, no LOD's. Also Dead Rising finally has a consistent framrate.

Did you see the Battlefield 4 demonstration? People had this hard on where the game was going to look like the video shown off at E3. We all know how that turned out. Ryse is 900p btw, and whether or not you consider that a downgrade and eat whatever words Microsoft has- than yeah, I suppose so. Didn't follow Dead Rising all that much, but from what I remember both that and KI were heavily thought to be 1080p from the get-go.

Killzone and NBA2k14 delievered.

EA games obviously do not look like the prerendered scenes.

Forza5 was pretty noticable downgraded, not only crowds but also environment details, lighting and reflections.

Dinjooh

Forza:

That crowd...

PVp0oTL.jpg

You can even see it in the shot up there. Look at the crowd. The E3 one is all shaded and not obvious. The launch one is all shit straight out of Mortal Kombat 1.

Wait, how does that even work?

Do they move, or is the cutouts just standing there?

What about in colder climates, are they still wearing tops and the like?

there is a small downgrade in killzone.

the building in the earlier reveal cast a reflection of the other buildings. not visible in the final version.

even the small garden on top of the building " left side of the image" is more detailed in the reveal

omg this is horrible. i can't believe they still make this kind of ps2 level crowd. damn man

Reflections still look to be in I think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwm6cJdOx-M&list=SPs2mmUfELHP9wnfFXVL0y-SkYn6NK-bvf&index=6

sangreal

Did you see the Battlefield 4 demonstration? People had this hard on where the game was going to look like the video shown off at E3. We all know how that turned out. Ryse is 900p btw, and whether or not you consider that a downgrade and eat whatever words Microsoft has- than yeah, I suppose so. Didn't follow Dead Rising all that much, but from what I remember both that and KI were heavily thought to be 1080p from the get-go.

battlefield didn't look amazing from the initial reveal and the thread for it reflected that.

Ryse was always 900p so how is that a downgrade? MS claimed it was 1080p once and corrected themselves a few hours later, that was it

People thought KI and DR were 1080p but they never were, so how is that a downgrade either? Just shows people aren't as good at determining resolution as they think they are

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I can't seem to find it, but there's a Infamous: Second Son picture showing an E3 build and current build that does not do the game any favors. i'll keep searching.

Jack_AG

Banned
There's a bit more aliasing on the building.

The second pic isn't the same frame perspective - the building on the right is leaning a bit more in the second shot, however, comparing the larger building on the left, there is considerably less aliasing as opposed to the reveal. A few degrees of an angle can mean a lot to hide/show aliasing.

I liked the colors in the reveal better but they both look the same IQ wise, IMO.

thuway

WHAT THE FUCK, I just noticed that Forza picture. I will give 1000 cool points to the GAFFer that photoshops Yoshida, Tretton, Cerny, Banderas, and a Macaw in that crowd.

~~Hasan~~

Downgrade is debatable, the scene itself was reworked altogether.

possible. but i was comparing both pics that was shown here. and from those pics alone, there is a downgrade.

we would need more pics to determine for sure " same apply for all the games above"

all in all. i do think KZ didn't change much if anything between the reveal and the final version.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ugh, I can't find any E3 or current footage of Ryse that's above 720p. Anyone know where I can download it?

Jburton

Banned
They weren't though? Forza yes, but Ryse has better lighting, higher fidelity models for everyone who isn't marius, no LOD's. Also Dead Rising finally has a consistent framrate.

According to DF, Dead Rising 3 spends a lot of time sub 30 and some times sub 20.

Your reply is weird. I wasn't mentioning battlefield 4 so . . . ok. Secondly, I'm confused about you Ryse reply. You don't need to just listen to crytek about LOD's and stuff, the game very clearly looks better than E3. Dead Rising was never thought to be 1080p and Killer Instinct was just assumed to be, no downgrades there.

Coolwhip

Banned

Even in the N64 days we had 2d crowds that had 1 or 2 different poses! But looking at this 2d crowd, it seems to consist of pictures they hastily took at the office.

Azull

I'd say Killzone and Ryse definitely delivered graphically and than some. EA though...well...EA gonna EA.

RawNuts

I got a different impression about the Forza comparison after seeing this in the OT:
i1RrG3tR54Z6W.gif

Perhaps the lighting isn't worse, but just different from the reveal?

They're probably cutouts that always face the camera. Should be weird looking to drive by them closely and slowly in that case.

Jburton

Banned
From pretty much all the reviewers, it's clear that Digital Foundry was using incomplete game code. Framrate is apparently now mainly 30 now.

It's clear or you assume / hope?

The same reviewers that don't know 1080p from 720p or their ass from a hole in the ground?

I got a different impression about the Forza comparison after seeing this in the OT:
http://i.minus.com/i1RrG3tR54Z6W.gif[/img
Perhaps the lighting isn't worse, but just different from the reveal?

They're probably cutouts that always face the camera. Should be weird looking to drive by them closely and slowly in that case.[/QUOTE]
Well the building sure look better..

maneil99

Killzone looks alot better, the easiest way to see is look at the e3 forest demo and the current game.

OLD ( Direct )
Killzone-Shadow-Fall_screenshot-5.jpg

New (Compressed from PS4, not direct )
1412275_1376506935930118_1147550790_o.jpg

nib95

Banned
Madden, Fifa and Forza got some big downgrades. The Fifa comparison is absolutely hilarious. Killzone overall got a massive upgrade imo. Some of the character models from the initial gameplay vids left a lot to be desired, but they got improved across the board along with lighting and textures.

It's clear or you assume / hope?

The same reviewers that don't know 1080p from 720p or their ass from a hole in the ground?

No it's clear. Also the gamespot and giantbomb streams were stable to. reviewers are mostly crap at resolution but decent at frame rate.

Top Bottom