• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie is changing player faces inside character creator after internal review by Bungie's own "Diversity Comittee"

Starfield

m60nosgtf8p51.jpg

Make my face more gender neutral if old

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Because every white skinned blue eyed character you created now looks like they've spent 20 weeks in tahiti with contact lenses thrown in for good measure.
Not sure if I remember that correctly, but almost all characters were some alien weirdo, not sure what it has to do with humans.

cormack12

Gold Member
The character creator is shit, needs a massive overhaul. Moving to nextgen is probably the right time to do it. I don't think it was an internal review that sparked/initiated it, they were doing and got it reviewed as per new process I'm guessing.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
"Diversity Comittee" sounds like something straight out of some commie dystopia.
In comie regime this would never happend, only Diversity comitte, which would exist would be at the gate to some work camp. You can see this in China, right now.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
What the problem? People see the word diversity and get scared 😄

I'd think the "problem," relates more to changing someone's own specified character without their consent after creation. Obviously the character was created with the specifications and preferences of the user creating it, and going in and changing that runs contradictory to the point of even allowing one to specify facial features. People don't like things that they've paid for/worked on being changed unless they're the ones changing it. Having it be done by a "diversity committee," is just the stupid icing on the dumb cake.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I recall briefly trying Destiny 2, and just not being able to get a female face that wasn’t hideously mannish. And they’re going to make it worse? Lol.

Also, no company should have a diversity committee. It’s code for letting subversives that should be screeching nonsense on Twitter, have real world effects. Just make great games. As long as you aren’t a closeted KKKer or something, and I truly believe 99% (understatement) of people aren’t, I have confidence that nobody outside of Twitter will give a shit.

GymWolf

How about working on a new engine for destiny 3 so your game is not gonna look like another shitty crossgen instead?!

-Arcadia-

Banned
I do hope we get a follow-up with a before and after. It could be hilarious. One presumes it will be, given how ‘diversity committees’ tend to work.

Mithos

If they change the way the character looks, maybe they should allow edits whenever and how often the player wants from a menu or an NPC ingame.
I went through "hours" of testing before settling on what I have because character creator and ingame look is not 100% the same, becasue you have tho create the character and play through the into to get to the tower each time...

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

How many D2 players actually play with their characters helmet on? I can't even remember what my character's face looks like at all.

I wonder if that diversity comittee has someone on it who believe they are an actual deer.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me. The inmates are running the asylum. I just hope people in general stop mistaking authoritarian policies of censorship, tone-policing and deplatforming for 'wanting to spread kindness, respect and inclusion' . Cause we've been going down a very dangerous path and there's no sign of it stopping.

In the minds of these kinds of committees, 'inclusion' really means taking things away from you, spitting in your face, and then telling you to stop your privileged whining.

DJT123

So, it's already difficult enough to create great art when you have all your ducks in a row. When externalities like these exist, the bar to creating great works becomes impossibly high.

Last edited:
Top Bottom