• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie is changing player faces inside character creator after internal review by Bungie's own "Diversity Comittee"

cryogenic7

m60nosgtf8p51.jpg

Make my face more gender neutral if old
Utter insanity

I wonder if the "Diveristy Comitte" job posting has a requirement for Pink hair along a face that looks like the person has a downs syndrome, or if those 2 fall in the "Big Plus" category when these mentally ill apply.

Oh i am a Jew btw just a old school conservative one.

Last edited:

Neolombax

I play as an Exo, i long to play as an Eliksni ever since D1. Bungie clearly got their prorities wrong.

Also, people making this such a big deal... When most of them dont play D2 anyway.

I am a dark skinned man with very straight hair. For years as a kid I could only make characters that were either African descent or vaguely Arab/Latin looking. Nothing in between. But character creation in most games for the last 10-12 years started to give me more options to make someone that looks somewhat like me.

I guess this is cool for the few that seek representation. (Should clarify I never seek such recognition, I realize I live in North America where my race of people are less than 2 percent of the population).

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I want to build a female char with a big floppy bump in front of my trunk

anothertech

Sooo, noses will be increased in size by 40%, and faces uglified as much as possible to account for the unfortunate looking people looking for representation.

Love how were getting the choice...

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Fuck the world. What is going on... We will never have new game that is not afraid to try new things...

Wizz-Art

Wait, there actually is such nonesense as a comittee to fuck up our entertainment shit. Jesus Christ, that's the least of the world's problems! Fuck them, I won't touch their shit ever again!

Political correctness is just bullshit that sends out wrong message.

Only thing that have been causing on last 10 years is weird and wrong messages of:

- white people dont care about how they are portrayed / nobody cares about white people as "you cant be racist against whites"
- unless it is fat women / feminists, then they rage if tomb raiding cliff climber isnt fat like them
- cant have historically correct european games with 100% white characters because it is somehow wrong
- it is ok to mass murder whites on games, but somehow game happening on Africa would be racist if we shoot them
- black people are more sensitive than 3 year old kids, getting offended by anything and have zero sense of humor, beat people to bulb if they paint their faces black. Meanwhile it is ok for them to paint faces white
- nobody cares about Asian people, while they are like 60% of world population
- indians want "vagene & boob" pics and dont play games
- hot women give women wrong body image, but hulk muscle mass 8 pack dudes are giving out realistic body image to boys (while it is 10x more easy to be 60kg fit woman than 120kg fit muscular man)

(Im not saying those are true at all, just how things have been portrayed, like removing every black character from food items (like uncle bens) while it should not offend anybody, that is just kind of racism because companies assume that black people get offended by some old dude on rice box and I dont think that sane people care)

Best option would be:

make jokes about everyone, fat, thin, fit, tall, short, ugly, hot, black, white, yellow, green, grey

Like it used to be until 80's/90's.

Best part of character creator is to do some damn weird looking ugly bastards and have fun with them. Like I made black redneck dude with bald head + mullet on RDR2 online, and ran around barefoot stabbing people like mad man. People started to scream "omg it is the fucking redneck again!" when I ran around and it were funny

And I bet that there are people that made white redneck and did the same, both should be fine

Could not have fun like that with some lame ass character creator. Games should be about imagination and not reality.

People whom cant understand that games + movies arent reality and take them as personal insults, are just fucked up bastards whom want to steal the fun from others.

Like if people want to play 100% white or 100% black on certain game, fuck the diversity, it is what those gamers chose.

Diversity shouldnt be about skin colour, it should be about cultures and personalities imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom