• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's announcement canceled, confirming once again that E3 sucks

Digi V

Banned
What i really want from Bungie is something dark and gritty. However, I still think it will be what the rumors are saying-

some kind of 2d platformer or something like that.

Kongo said:
If you want some more 7 numbers thrown at you, the site that we believed to be associated with Bungie, the foxnews radio station site had its countdown reset recently to end on August 7, 2008 at 7:17PM PST. When the countdown ends the message will appear to say "It's Finally Here"! Here's the site and does anyone know the significance of August 7th? It's a Thursday btw.

http://1019foxfm.net/
Old and unrelated.

Digi V said:
What i really want from Bungie is something dark and gritty.

...But...I mean, what about every other goddamn game this generation?

As much shit as Bungie gets for it's muppet looking designs and bright colors, I'd never want them to move to Brown and Gray City Population: Everygoddamnbody Except Nintendo

FightyF

Banned
No one got my Se7en joke? Brad Pitt = Bungie fans, Kevin Spacey = MS, Gwyneth Paltrow = Bungie

Ok in retrospect I'll admit it was lame.

I'm not getting any work done in the last couple of hours time for bed. I honestly don't expect much more info on what this whole thing was about until E3 is said and done with.

MMaRsu

Banned
I think it's kind of strange of Marty not to say anything about what's going on instead saying he's had a great dinner with his wife, for people to slow down with posting and then saying Goodnight and keep the faith.

really :{

Monocle

Eric WK said:
Under any other circumstances I would agree. But having so many people from Bungie confirm that this isn't a joke makes me think this is completely serious.
At this point there's no doubt the cancellation is for real. This doesn't mean the changed text in the site background isn't worth investigating. Bungie is notorious for dropping bread crumbs for their fans in the form of cryptic codes.

Digi V

Banned
OnimaruXLR said:
...But...I mean, what about every other goddamn game this generation?

As much shit as Bungie gets for it's muppet looking designs and bright colors, I'd never want them to move to Brown and Gray City Population: Everygoddamnbody Except Nintendo

Yeah, I feel you on that. I don't know what I want I guess = \

We'll just see what they have to offer next (whenever that is now)

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Microsoft has a rendevouz with death
At some disputed gaming forum
When Spring comes back with angry manbabies
And Superintendents fill the air—
Microsoft has a rendezvous with Death
And perhaps Bungie should take our hands

I can't get too upset until I hear an explanation.

It's possible, however unlikely, that there's a reasonable rationale for this seeming fuckwit of a move.

pswii60

I get up. I read this. I'm not happy.

If Microsoft is their publisher (they might not be), then I wonder if MS were expecting Sony and/or Nintendo to drop some bombs - which obviously didn't happen.

GhaleonEB

pswii60 said:

If Microsoft is their publisher (they might not be), then I wonder if MS were expecting Sony and/or Nintendo to drop some bombs - which obviously didn't happen.
Microsoft is the publisher.

GaryD

nix_nz said:
Reboot_homePage_03_zoom.jpg
Death Angel?

armubaba

I can't get on to the IRC right now (posting from my one day old PS3!), so I'd just like to say a good night to Halo GAF until we meet each other again at 7:07 PST.

We all have a rendevous with win. Great, great win.

Is this the "fuck microsoft" thread?

Good. Fuck Microsoft.

Jesus what a PR disaster.

I applaud MS for not showing CG trailers of stuff we won't see for years, but don't tease stuff and then pull it at the last minute.

Scott x 2

pswii60 said:

This was the first thing that sprung to mind when i woke up to this, maybe Microsoft expected more from Sony and Nintendo (both having poor showings) they were using the Bungie announcement to take away the attention from any big announcements they made.

As both conferences were poor they had no reason to make the announcement anymore...

SickBoy

pswii60 said:

I thought the same thing. It's still a stupid move, IMO, since it was so highly promised, but I guess they're saving it for another day. It's a bad PR move by Microsoft, but I think they know the worst they'll feel is some generic fan rage. My take on it is that Sony (from what I've read/seen of both) might have had a better conference, but nothing that blew the doors off.

Me? I wasn't super-interested in the announcement, and I've got to say even though I don't think it was a stunt, it makes me more curious.

If it's just more Halo, you can color me disappointed. I like Halo, but I like new stuff even more.

Monocle

EazyB

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Hmm, so Domino was right? Wow.

Eat all the crow I give you. ALL OF IT.
I have no doubt their working (however early) on a Halo 4 but I still by the Superintendent having nothing to do with it.

stephentotilo

Behind The Games
Before everyone gets too excited, I should say I've heard some people other than Mattrick use the phrase "expansion pack" so we might not be talking about a full new game. I don't know.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
stephentotilo said:
Before everyone gets too excited, I should say I've heard some people other than Mattrick use the phrase "expansion pack" so we might not be talking about a full new game. I don't know.
I felt something like this could be true. However, it sort of doesn't make sense to release it this year, but at the same time, next year would be too late because the game would feel dated.

Sibylus

Banned
stephentotilo said:
Too late. The Great Hype Journey has begun.

stephentotilo said:

You have already created this monster... be prepared for death if this is just an expansion pack

:lol

godhandiscen

So now that there is no announcement, are you guys still going to PAX? I would be ripping my balls if I had booked a plane trip for nothing. Can you guys still cancel?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
godhandiscen said:
So now that there is no announcement, are you guys still going to PAX? I would be ripping my balls if I had booked a plane trip for nothing. Can you guys still cancel?
Everyone I've talked to is definitely still coming to PAX. Myself, Ghaleon and voc included.

stephentotilo said:

I'm actually more interested in an expansion pack. It comes out sooner, and I want bungie to work on something besides Halo. I'd like a new IP, or a sequel to Myth!

godhandiscen

Cocopjojo said:
Everyone I've talked to is definitely still coming to PAX. Myself, Ghaleon and voc included.
I forgot it was more of a Halo GAF meeting than anything else.
gketter said:
I'm actually more interested in an expansion pack. It comes out sooner, and I want bungie to work on something besides Halo. I'd like a new IP, or a sequel to Myth!
Take 2 owns the rights to Myth. Marathon is all Bungie has right now.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
I had been asking Mattrick about the lack of “Halo” news at E3. He said that Microsoft’s Monday press conference was already loaded with content and so any announcements for that series weren’t needed to get gamers excited.
Yes Mattrick, spot on. -_-;;

I'm kinda bummed out by Totilo's news though, I'd rather see Bungie make something entirely new. I mean, look at what DICE is doing now that they're not just making another Battlefield game, I'd love to see something like that from Bungie.

Sibylus

Banned
Nino said:
Yes Mattrick, spot on. -_-;;

I'm kinda bummed out by Totilo's news though, I'd rather see Bungie make something entirely new. I mean, look at what DICE is doing now that they're not just making another Battlefield game, I'd love to see something like that from Bungie.
Wait for the other Bungie prototypes.

Top Bottom