• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's announcement canceled, confirming once again that E3 sucks

Yo Gotti

Banned
godhandiscen said:
Also, do people really believe Ninja Blade exists? If there is such a game, I expect something on X08.

i tried to show u guys what it was and got banned

the mods must have a vendeta against ninja blade

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
The EA guy just said "I'm happy to announce a partnership with a new developer, one of the most iconic in the industry."

"Id."

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Cocopjojo said:
The EA guy just said "I'm happy to announce a partnership with a new developer, one of the most iconic in the industry."

"Id."
I had a heart attack for a second there. I am happy now.
Yo Gotti said:
i tried to show u guys what it was and got banned

the mods must have a vendeta against ninja blade
What do you mean? Are you talking about the market place blade? duckroll is hyped about Ninja Blade, but I really think it doesn't exist.

EazyB said:
Halo 3 2009 with updated rosters (permutations) and better ragdoll animations. $60 plz.
Funny that you should say that because a friend of mine today commented that this Halo "Blue" business could simply be a re-release of Halo 3. At first, I was like, "Yeah right," but then a few things hit me: If they release Halo 3 with all of the new maps and new permutations, it'd allow for Bungie to require it for most matchmaking on Xbox Live without the need of an HDD. That was interesting to me - even if it seems like a far off possibility.

Some have suggested that it's just a regular map pack disc (like with Halo 2) and others have considered it to be the long-awaited possibility of Halo 1 with some online compatibility - something which was in the rumors as Halo 1.5 ever since Fall 2004. Everyone would like this next Halo title to be that ODST, 8-player coop squad-based tactical shooter - but I'm doubtful on that. At least for right now.

Oh, this guy here:

3502ckm.gif

I don't think he has anything to do with Halo.

Bungie's next title, if this is actually it, doesn't share any of the art style with Halo, nor does it have the vibe of a Halo title. I remember the staffers comments on B.net when Halo 3 was released, most of them being really excited to move onto new things other than Halo. This indicates to me that we're getting something new. Sure, there's a "Halo 4" on the horizon, but that's at least a year off, probably not to be released until Fall 2009 at the very earliest.

This new game appears to be really low-key and based on this little fellas inkling to clean up things and keep them in line. It looks 2D and may possibly be an XBLA game - Cocop's suggested that it could be a 2D sidescroller which doesn't seem too unlikely. Whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be the same scale as Halo, which is expected given the short time frame between this announcement and Halo 3's actual release.

GhaleonEB

Mr Vociferous said:
Funny that you should say that because a friend of mine today commented that this Halo "Blue" business could simply be a re-release of Halo 3. At first, I was like, "Yeah right," but then a few things hit me: If they release Halo 3 with all of the new maps and new permutations, it'd allow for Bungie to require it for most matchmaking on Xbox Live without the need of an HDD. That was interesting to me - even if it seems like a far off possibility.

Some have suggested that it's just a regular map pack disc (like with Halo 2) and others have considered it to be the long-awaited possibility of Halo 1 with some online compatibility - something which was in the rumors as Halo 1.5 ever since Fall 2004. Everyone would like this next Halo title to be that ODST, 8-player coop squad-based tactical shooter - but I'm doubtful on that. At least for right now.
I think that's part of the reason the Legenary Map Pack is not announced to be free. Keeping it a premium item adds value to a subsequen release bundling them in. No added value when all of the maps are free.

Kibbles said:
Halo 1 remake?

Don't think so. Whatever Bungie is doing, it's going to be something big, bold and a new direction for the Halo series, or something entirely new, like a new IP. I personally think they're collaborating on several Halo projects including Halo Wars, Halo: Chronicles (Peter Jackson's project) and then they could or could not be developing this new tactical 3rd-person shooter. They're also working on more Halo 3 maps of course, as well as a new IP. Now that Bungie's independent I'm sure they don't want to spend their time remaking a game they made just last generation.

theBishop

Banned
Kibbles said:
Someone said in Halo 1 there is a sign that says ''Keep it Clean'' on the Pillar of Autumn.

Halo 1 remake?

that's the sort of thing a company would do to get out of an publishing agreement.

New franchise, please.

Kibbles

GhaleonEB said:
According to HBO, the countdown ends 7:07:07 am on Wednesday. How perfect.

And just a reminder of what was at the end of the last Weekly Update:

Awesome time. Is that Pacific? That's perfect for my time, central. I'll wake up, eat, go online, and within minutes I'll be taking a look at this new game.

Kibbles said:
Awesome time. Is that Pacific? That's perfect for my time, central. I'll wake up, eat, go online, and within minutes I'll be taking a look at this new game.
Haha, same here. Surprised they didn't go for the 17th though, they could snuck in one more seven in that date.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Mr Vociferous said:
Bungie's next title, if this is actually it, doesn't share any of the art style with Halo, nor does it have the vibe of a Halo title. I remember the staffers comments on B.net when Halo 3 was released, most of them being really excited to move onto new things other than Halo. This indicates to me that we're getting something new. Sure, there's a "Halo 4" on the horizon, but that's at least a year off, probably not to be released until Fall 2009 at the very earliest.

This new game appears to be really low-key and based on this little fellas inkling to clean up things and keep them in line. It looks 2D and may possibly be an XBLA game - Cocop's suggested that it could be a 2D sidescroller which doesn't seem too unlikely. Whatever it is, it doesn't appear to be the same scale as Halo, which is expected given the short time frame between this announcement and Halo 3's actual release

I don't know why, but I can't find myself agreeing with this. It would be SO like Bungie to make a complete U-turn in what we 'expect' the Superintendent to be a representation of. I do think it is very much related to Halo. Related to Halo 3? Maybe. Related to a new Halo game? Possibly. But related to Halo in general? Definitely. In some shape or form, I see the SI being a representation of Halo, or more specifically, a prequel of sorts.

I just don't see the SI actually being a 2D arcade game. :p

GhaleonEB

Domino Theory said:
I don't know why, but I can't find myself agreeing with this. It would be SO like Bungie to make a complete U-turn in what we 'expect' the Superintendent to be a representation of. I do think it is very much related to Halo. Related to Halo 3? Maybe. Related to a new Halo game? Possibly. But related to Halo in general? Definitely. In some shape or form, I see the SI being a representation of Halo, or more specifically, a prequel of sorts.

I just don't see the SI actually being a 2D arcade game. :p
I can see it being related to Halo in the way that Halo was related to Marathon. But I do think it's a new IP.

Flavius

Kibbles said:
Someone said in Halo 1 there is a sign that says ''Keep it Clean'' on the Pillar of Autumn.

Halo 1 remake?

More like Bungie's take on Colony Wars in the Halo universe.

Who's with me???

Uhhhhh...anyone???

So let's talk about everything Bungie/Halo related going on right now...

- More Halo 3 Maps
- Halo Wars. Developed by Ensemble.
- Halo: Chronicles (From Peter Jackson. Been described as an "interactive movie game")
- "Darker, grittier, tactical third-person shooter" Halo.
- New IP at Bungie. Bungie is confirmed to be working on one.

And amongst those things, Superintendent may or may not be tied to one of the things listed above, and Halo 4 is likely in the planning stages somewhere. Personally I think for the next Xbox.

Wednesday morning can't come soon enough!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Halo 4 is for the next Xbox (we will finally have a decent launch, and getting penumonia after sleeping in the street will be worth it), so thats out of the way.

IMO, this is the PJ project.

Also, what's the rumour on this thing that will change the way we play Halo 3 online or something?

godhandiscen said:
Also, what's the rumour on this thing that will change the way we play Halo 3 online or something?

Bungie could be bringing big changes to Halo 3...Could just have been referring to the re-vamping of Xbox Live. God damn I can't wait for Bungie's announcements, or whatever they have planned. They could literally hold their own conference between Halo stuff, and their other stuff.

Karish

HAL7 - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE

Control has been yielded to the
SYS7EM PERIL DIS7RIBU7ED REFLEX.

grope:
seeker > !attach Princess
fail "msg: SPDR-5.14.3

evade evade evade

!probe extern proc 1
rogue proc

!bite rogue proc 1 recurse
clean !splotch confidence 100

COUN7DOWN 7O 7HE END:

Mario-like game confirmed?

I was convinced it was a new IP (and probably a 2D XBLA game) until the countdown went up. That 'splash screen' looks like it walked right out of the Halo universe.

Wallach

Shake Appeal said:
I was convinced it was a new IP (and probably a 2D XBLA game) until the countdown went up. That 'splash screen' looks like it walked right out of the Halo universe.

It's ICE, it can't be Diablo 3!

GhaleonEB

Shake Appeal said:
That's had me second-guessing myself as well. The imagery took a pretty distinct style with that and the wallpaper. I have a feeling Bungie has a bit of a surprise in store.

Ghost said:
You know, tomorrow is Wednesday...don't XBLA games launch on Wednesdays?
The games come out at 2am, the countdown ends at 7:07 am. Still, it could happen. But I doubt that's it.

FrankT

Ghost said:
You know, tomorrow is Wednesday...don't XBLA games launch on Wednesdays?

Technically they normally launch in the middle of the night as in tonight before the counter ends here.

edit: beaten

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Blakero said:
Mario-like game confirmed?

The Princess was a character in the ILoveBees ARG that led up to Halo 2. The text you quoted is taken from there.

Wizman23

Banned
Its gotta be an arcade game with that little dude with the plunger. I expect the next Halo game from Bungie to launch with the next xbox.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Apparently, this guy took a closer look and found the text "D34th 4nGle 108" on the current B.net background image.

Same text is on the Halo branded Xbox 360's.

H3_xbox360_side_03.jpg

Looks more and more like the Superintendent stuff is Halo related.

_dd_

forgeforsaken said:
Someone at bungie.net looked at the source and it ends
7/16/2008 2:07:07 PM
so you don't even have to do the math.

That's for a different timezone. Let's do it the Bungie way, PDT.

=

7:07:07 AM Wednesday Morning PDT

*Edit*

I'm banking on Peter Jackson Halo Game..thing...

urk said:
Apparently, this guy took a closer look and found the text "D34th 4nGle 108" on the current B.net background image.

Same text is on the Halo branded Xbox 360's.

H3_xbox360_side_03.jpg

Looks more and more like the Superintendent stuff is Halo related.

Very interesting...I'm just going to throw something out there and say its a mini expansion to Halo 3.

Falagard

Ok, here's a story for you folks... I'm not sure if anyone else has reported this.

Alan Tudyk, (who is a voice actor on Halo 3 along with Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin - all of which come from the Firefly TV series and Serenity movie) said during Gencon (a science fiction convention) in Brisbane Australia that he had just met up Nathan and Adam at Bungie to do more voice work for Halo 3 and that it's the first time he'd seen them in more than a year.

Now, this either means that they're doing voices for the Peter Jackson Halo project, or that there's an expansion for Halo 3, or even Halo 4.

Top Bottom