• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burn Notice Season 5 |OT| (Premieres June 23rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Tamanon said:
Man, they just wrapped up all the storylines for now, lol.

That was.....unexpected.

Also, I could've swore Max was going to turn on him near the end there.

Yeah, that...pretty much could have been the last episode.

I mean, I know it's not, but still, it seemed odd. Plus there was no preview for the next episode either...

As far as Burn Notice season premieres go, that was great. The only thing that worried me was that I'm not sure what the arc for this season is going to be. That, and that Jessie seems to have even less of a role on the show.

Maximus.

I liked the season premiere. It was cool to see them start off without the usual formula, though I am certain it will return soon enough! I am not a fan of Jesse though...

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
rainking187 said:
The Jesse cameo was kind of weird. I figured they'd team up, but then he wasn't involved in the operation, so what was that?

Easy way of explaining how they got the car back, and have him get his "in the meantime/where is he now" shit out of the way.

Tamanon said:
Also, I could've swore Max was going to turn on him near the end there.
Me too. I'm glad they didn't do that though since it was so obvious.

I'm personally all for the "Who/why was I burned?" arc coming to an end. After four seasons I've lost track of the number of people Michael has found out was involved, the reasons for it, etc etc. It's just been dragged out too long and I'm not interested at all now. I think it will still continue somehow, but I'd be up for this season being a new chapter in his life and they doing something different with the show.

Good first ep, anywho.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, this has been an absolutely fantastic episode. If the entire season keeps up this level of quality, we might be in store for the best season yet.

You could just read the pain on Michael's face when he had to yell at his Mom.

Chichikov

Man, that episode sucked.
Why the fuck does a Burn Notice episode need to be dark?
What's the fucking point?
It's fucking summer, it's Burn Notice, I'll get my "serious" drama from some dreary crap in the fall.
More shenanigans, less domestic violence.

Bah, I guess Sharon Glass had to get her Emmy reel done sooner or later.

AMUSIX

so-so episode...the dark family stuff didn't quite fit in the show's style, but, then again, they seem to have thrown that style away for now...

I'm fully expecting something to happen with the CIA gig that either shoves Michael back on the outs for real or at least as an undercover role. Right now, there is no story arc for the season, other than picking out curtains with Fi.

Until that happens (or something like it) I don't think we'll really be seeing the traditional Burn Notice style....

Also, if you can't make it look like someone's finger is cut off, don't use it in your show.

ocadman

Episode was meh. Michael needs to go back to being a rogue spy. I'm sure they'll start the a story arc soon but these eps where Michael is just your average govt. spy are boring.

The stuff between Michael and his mother was amazing. Great television. Yeah, I love the fluffy episodes too, but that was dark and wonderfully acted. Edge of your seat stuff. Some of the best work they've done on the show.

I'm already bored by Michael being split between the CIA and his friends/helping people, though. Hope it doesn't drag on too long.

ocadman said:
Episode was meh. Michael needs to go back to being a rogue spy. I'm sure they'll start the a story arc soon but these eps where Michael is just your average govt. spy are boring.

I think thats what they're going for. Well, not to show us boring TV but to show that Michael can't "go home again". He has a team that does good for real people. Not doing backroom deals and strikes for the government. Expect it to become an issue when Fiona moves in!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Scarecrow said:
I can see Mike having to pick sides between his friends and the CIA by the end of this season.

I wouldn't doubt that being the plot for the finale/mid-season hanger.

That said, I wouldn't mind Mike going back to the CIA. But that goes against what Finoa wants (him to have a "normal" life, and not be jet-setting everywhere. Given she's ex-IRA?).

Have any of you been reading the digital comic? I'm kinda pissed they're doing it in 9 page parts, given it's supposed to bridge between the Washington ending of Season 4 and the beginning episode of this season. They're doing too slow in "bridging" for me. :/

Tamanon

Banned
I enjoyed this episode. Trey might be my favorite Michael persona after the Devil.

Although he's seriously descending into madness.

DMczaf

LYU9f.png

ctrayne

Did not know there was a BN thread!

This is my favorite show on TV, maybe ever. :) Been loving the new season - it does have a different tone, but it's good to mix it up.

Tamanon

Banned
This is kinda a weird episode. Halfway done and there's been no real complications to the plan.

FIONA SLAP!

OK, there's the twist! Not looking good for Michael.

TheSeks

OH SHIT. Someone in the
CIA fucking with Micheal?
Guess their hunch WAS right.

TheSeks

Wads said:
I haven't watched tonight's ep, but the twitter hashtag on USA shows is kind of annoying.

Fox is doing it as well. Gotta get free promotion via twitter hashtag's "what's trending."

Also DC comics can't draw Micheal worth a damn. No wonder they're below Marvel in sales. Enjoying "New Day," anyway, but I really wish the "chapters" were longer/releasing faster. >:|

Maximus.

I really enjoyed the third episode, went back to the roots and was a fun episode!

I really think the actor for the brother sucks though, bro.

Wads

Banned
TheSeks said:
Fox is doing it as well. Gotta get free promotion via twitter hashtag's "what's trending."

I guess we can only look forward to more of it. I guess it's not a huge deal, but I kind of hate having anything over the screen. Especially commercial bs promos for other shows.

Saw the ep though - I liked Max, but I guess he should have taken Michael's inconsistencies a bit more seriously!

Also, Barry is back! I was wondering when they would bring him back! Seems like he hasn't been around for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom