• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burn Notice Season 5 |OT| (Premieres June 23rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
:lol @ Micheal practically giving Jessie's car away.

TheSeks

Volcynika said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh shit.

I AM... REVOLVER... MICHEAL-OT.

*does arm movements*

No, but seriously, that's practical? Wouldn't that take a bit of time to learn Micheal's mannerisms?

Volcynika

TheSeks said:
I AM... REVOLVER... MICHEAL-OT.

*does arm movements*

No, but seriously, that's practical? Wouldn't that take a bit of time to learn Micheal's mannerisms?

Maybe someone really wants him to be put away for a long time. The show's had a lot of crazy people before!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
bangai-o said:
blaaarrgh

Hulu is only able to aire episodes 30 days after broadcast now.

Well that sucks.

TheSeks

Tamanon said:
LOL, it's the guys from the movie. I think it was the ones in the CIA base that he blew up.

Correct. I've gotta rewatch the Western airing since the captions screwed up in the last 2/3rd. Sucks, because I was trying to get what they were saying about Sam but it kept repeating lines way before then. :|

This is one of those times where Hulu not having it the next day pisses me off.

TheSeks

Volcynika said:
Next eps about to air.

"Honey, what people heard was fireworks(? I think that's the line?)--GET IN THE DAMN CAR."

DMczaf

The fire fights are so A-Team it's not even funny. I'm not expecting a blood bath, but SOMEONE has to get hit by a stray bullet sometimes lol

TheSeks said:
"Honey, what people heard was fireworks(? I think that's the line?)--GET IN THE DAMN CAR."
I love that you got the quote so wrong. Haha. How can you even like the line when you misheard it so badly? :p

Only just got around to watching the ep, didn't think it was that great, personally.

Foliorum Viridum said:
My uninformed guess would be Americans didn't like it.

I don't think thats the case. We even have American actors speaking with accents in shows. They also retooled Michael's mom's hair to a more contemporary look. I suspect they did the pilot and shopped it around until they found a studio to run with it. Then the suits got involved and dictated changes.

adelante

I'm actually glad they've got Jesse as a regular because with an extra pair of hands around, there's enough people to tackle the usual episodic missions and advance the overarching plot simultaneously.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Been catching up on the last few episodes.

Episode 3
It's good to see Nate back and I definitely did not see that FBI twist coming, Solid episode, Michael's downward spiral is really worrying.

Pancakes

Episode 4

Burn Notice does a really good job casting their villains, Eve was an insufferable bitch.

But god damnit Max. I really liked that guy.

Episode 5

WTF at that ending?! A doppelganger D:

benjipwns

Banned
Fall premiere will be November 3rd apparently. Two month break is a lot better than the four or five month breaks they used to do.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know, they've done this same exact episode several times before (the bank episode comes to mind), but it's still just as entertaining as ever.

I love TV reunions. The main bad guy in this episode is played by Michael Weiss, who was on the show The Pretender, and his brother on that show was played by Jeffrey Donovan.

rainking187 said:
I love TV reunions. The main bad guy in this episode is played by Michael Weiss, who was on the show The Pretender, and his brother on that show was played by Jeffrey Donovan.

Yeah this episode just delivered for me. My favorite episode is still the bank heist one and psychologically, this one is even better. Also there's the "Holy shit that's Jarod" factor (I didn't even know Donovan played his brother). I loved The Pretender. It was like the only good show ever on Saturday nights.

Pancakes

Enco said:
Really love this show.

It's fun and light hearted. Hope it doesn't get cancelled any time soon.

Last I heard, ratings were not too bad.

I'm just worried with how much longer they can keep the plot going. It's conspiracy after conspiracy lately.

Not that that's a bad thing but a change couldn't hurt.

rainking187 said:

328827.jpg

Loved it. We've Had Jarod and Sidney, all we need now is Miss Parker.

Pancakes said:
Last I heard, ratings were not too bad.

I'm just worried with how much longer they can keep the plot going. It's conspiracy after conspiracy lately.

Not that that's a bad thing but a change couldn't hurt.
I don't even pay attention to the main story arc. I have no idea who or why Michael was burned after so many twists.

I just watch it for the story every week. I'm sure most people are the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom