• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout paradise remastered March release

drotahorror

I downloaded the original again to try and play it. I just don't like the handling. There is basically no drifting mechanics and it makes for a boring drive. You can slide around a corner sure, but it's just not fun. Burnout Dominator had some super dope drifts in it.

I was expecting a Shadow of the Colossus "level" of remaster :(

I hope we get that kind of remaster if either Burnout Revenge or Burnout 3. They have far fewer assets to remaster in 4K and are also far better and much more beloved games.

The Paradise remaster is going to bomb. Most gamers vastly prefer any other Burnout over Paradise. Millions of Burnout fans including me bought Paradise at launch expecting a game that playedsimilar to past Burnouts and absolutely hated it.

I hope EA won’t take the wrong message from Paradise bombing and we instead get a remaster of one of the older Burnouts. That’s the one that’s going to sell ridiculous amounts.

Last edited:

meistaheinz

Neo Member
I hope we get that kind of remaster if either Burnout Revenge or Burnout 3. They have far fewer assets to remaster in 4K and are also far better and much more beloved games.

The Paradise remaster is going to bomb. Most gamers vastly prefer any other Burnout over Paradise. Millions of Burnout fans including me bought Paradise at launch expecting a game that playedsimilar to past Burnouts and absolutely hated it.

I hope EA won’t take the wrong message from Paradise bombing and we instead get a remaster of one of the older Burnouts. That’s the one that’s going to sell ridiculous amounts.

Am i the only one who really liked Burnout Paradise? I even liked the music and bought the expansion-island. Of course it's different from the previous burnout games, but still it`s a great game. all this hate just because this one was'nt like its predecessor?

Sleepydays

Banned
Am i the only one who really liked Burnout Paradise? I even liked the music and bought the expansion-island. Of course it's different from the previous burnout games, but still it`s a great game. all this hate just because this one was'nt like its predecessor?

Nope, I probably put more time into this game than any other over the years. I couldn't care less about the other games in the series.

Phhhh

Burnout Paradise is one of my favorite games of all time. But I didn't like it at first.

I'm so excited for the remaster.

After watching this video, I think I'm going to pass, until the remaster hits 20 dollars or so. Graphically, this game didn't hold up as well as I assumed it would. It still should be fun to play, but I think I can wait a while.

wvnative

It's one of my all time favorite games. Also ignore the rhtoric, plenty of people like you and me loved the game. Haters are just loud and obnoxious. Can't wait till friday.

Dang I'm disappointed how this remaster turned out. But It's one of my favorite racing games so I will probably buy it when it's cheaper.

Last edited:

Zimmy68

I think it will bomb for 2 reasons (not being people's favorite has nothing to do with it, it would be the same if they did Burnout 3).

1. It isn't really remastered (People expect Shadow of Colossus quality for #2)
2. Price point is too high, this level of effort should have a $20 price tag.

JP

Not long to go now.

I'll be honest I didn't get on with the original game at first but it probably ended up being one of my most played console games ever, I absolutely loved it and have any of the issues that some others seemed to have. It's one of my favourite arcade racers of all time and I'm really looking forward to starting this again and more than likely completing it some time down the line.

Droxcy

Wow the load times changing cars in the garage are still the same!? How?? I loved the original Burnout Paradise, I'm downloading the trial right now will probably try to 100% it again.

Top Bottom