• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

My two cents: I someone takes advantage of a glitch and sells one key at a notably marked up price, I get annoyed but let it be. When someone takes advantage of a glitch and sells more than one key at a marked up price, then I get suspicious and less likely let it be.

We can't only blame sellers, though. We need some buyer discretion. I was all for enforced prices in listings and other rules but...

Maybe we should just keep on trucking and just mention a better deal if someone is selling something overpriced. I'm not sure I want to be doing any business here anymore after seeing how this thread has turned out.

(People are still very nice when dealing with them in PMs.)

Edit: I don't see a problem if people sell keys bundled with hardware. I think all this thread needs is more transparency.

If you're wary about a transaction, back out before money changes hands. For all its warts, eBay does have a better protection plan. But if you're using this thread to bypass the fees, there's some risk involved.

And the whole key selling thing should just be transparent. If it's from a glitch, then tell the buyer. If the key doesn't work, refund or face negative feedback. If the buyer lies, well that's the risk of digital codes.

Figure I'll post this here since it's not official feedback per se, but props to Kandrick. Bought a Gears code from them a few weeks ago, contacted them about the news today, and had a refund within about five minutes. Absolute first-class seller.

WTS Street Fighter V Steam key - $25

Payment by Paypal or Amazon GC.

WTS Humble Bundle Steam keys

GameMaker Studio Pro + Android Module - $2 (for both keys). Payment by Amazon GC only.

PM me if you're interested.

Soulflarz

Banned
Figure I'll post this here since it's not official feedback per se, but props to Kandrick. Bought a Gears code from them a few weeks ago, contacted them about the news today, and had a refund within about five minutes. Absolute first-class seller.

is this error a few weeks old? X_X
I...think your key might be good, he just has to nag amazon CS for you. Ask him? Might as well get a key for that price you wanted~

On a more important but more likely to be glossed over note- we do still have an issue with $40 key sellers who didn't disclose and even promised their keys weren't from an error yet had suspiciously high volume...
Seriously guys. This should not go unaddressed. There's a difference between "we don't need to disclose" and openly lying to the us, and I have no idea why this is allowed.
Unless you want to devils advocate that some people actually bought 10+ GPUs and sold the keys here and they all happened to be revoked regardless, which is simply not believable.

is this error a few weeks old? X_X
I...think your key might be good, he just has to nag amazon CS for you. Ask him? Might as well get a key for that price you wanted~

On a more important but more likely to be glossed over note- we do still have an issue with $40 key sellers who didn't disclose and even promised their keys weren't from an error yet had suspiciously high volume...
Seriously guys. This should not go unaddressed. There's a difference between "we don't need to disclose" and openly lying to the us, and I have no idea why this is allowed.
Unless you want to devils advocate that some people actually bought 10+ GPUs and sold the keys here and they all happened to be revoked regardless, which is simply not believable.
If we're doing this, and please mods delete if this isn't allowed but I have PMs from a member that are seriously suspicious and turned me off from buying a key from him - I did eventually buy one elsewhere but got refunded.

I paid £35 for a Gears 4 key. I've PM'd him asking for a refund and still waiting on a reply.

If he doesn't give it to me who should I PM with my evidence to see if mods will take action?

Hopefully it won't come to that as he does a lot in this thread but obviously I don't want to be taken for a mug.

Sordid

My $45 Gears key was revoked, I pm'd my seller this morning and he said the key was legit and if he can't get the issue sorted I'll get a refund this weekend. Just a waiting game now I guess.

I paid £35 for a Gears 4 key. I've PM'd him asking for a refund and still waiting on a reply.

If he doesn't give it to me who should I PM with my evidence to see if mods will take action?

Hopefully it won't come to that as he does a lot in this thread but obviously I don't want to be taken for a mug.

My $45 Gears key was revoked, I pm'd my seller this morning and he said the key was legit and if he can't get the issue sorted I'll get a refund this weekend. Just a waiting game now I guess.

I just checked my post in the feedback thread and it looks like we and quite a few people bought codes from the same guy. He told me that he got the codes through an official NVIDIA etailer and that he thinks that it is just a mistake and that he will see what he can do when he contacts them tomorrow. He said that if it wasn't a mistake that he will give me a refund.

Same story for you guys?

Here is to hopping that he comes through. Here is to hoping he comes through, I haven't been burnt by a fellow gaffer yet let alone a Plus seller and someone who is so active here.

He hasn't replied to me but I didn't ask for a source of the code as it was the day after the promo was announced and the Amazon scam wasn't known.

Sordid

I just checked my post in the feedback thread and it looks like we and quite a few people bought codes from the same guy. He told me that he got the codes through an official NVIDIA etailer and that he thinks that it is just a mistake and that he will see what he can do when he contacts them tomorrow. He said that if it wasn't a mistake that he will give me a refund.

That's what he told me too, he last pm'd about 2 & a half hours ago (8.30am for me). Just checking the feedback thread though and I never realised he sold so much keys. Kinda worrying but hopefully he'll come through.

I bought mine the 23rd the description made me think it was a single key since it said sold after he edited it . I had no idea mine would be in the glitches pile

AkumaNiko

WTS (OBO on everything except wii u)

Wii u, Great working console $180 + shipping

pWQPdl1l.jpg

Iphone 7 128GB Jet Black $950.00

Alfj1sAl.jpg

Halo 5 Sealed + MCC $28 shipped.

xipvUl5l.jpg

Raspberry Pi 2 model b w/ case $35 shipped

ZjeLF1kl.jpg

Xbox one controller + PC cable $35 Shipped

FUwHPBCl.jpg

Gonzon06

Well, nobody said no so I guess it's alright,

WTS: preorder for the PSVR Launch Bundle I no longer want, I'm willing to sell it for 575$ (what it will cost me plus a bit to cover fees)

coopolon

Asking because I'm curious about what others may think.

Someone is asking to buy some of my items, but keeps insisting to pay closer to the release date. That is fine IMO. The curious part is that this person keeps insisting that it is because he wants to do it to have "PayPal Protection". And this person keeps mentioning it enough times to make me curious.

I already have Plus status here and all the people that I have sold stuff to have never complained while I have kept them in the loop about their items all the time. Even the ones that never left me seller feedback.

So is it just me or someone insisting that they want to have "Paypal protection" raises some doubts?

Shit, it made me go all over the seller protection policies at PayPal :/

Fyi, we got a feedback thread now :)

I would find it unfathomable to buy $1000 worth of anything from some guy on the internet and not have any kind of buyer protection (and the feedback thread is not any form of buyer protection). I don't think it's anything personal against you nor would I read it as an attempt to scam, just to protect their investment.

Edit: oops, I'm way late! Having said all that above, I recommend whenever anyone gets a bad vibration to pass.

npm0925

I'm looking to sell the following:

Nintendo 2DS (black & blue) in like-new condition with screen protectors installed, Dragon Quest VII, Mario Kart 7 (unused code), silver zipper pouch, 2 extra sets of screen protectors, charger & manuals - $100

Phantasy Star - Kilian Eng - Cook & Becker 24 x 36 print - $70

Golden Axe - Gerald Parel - Cook & Becker 24 x 36 print - $70

plc268

WTS:

(2x)ASUS Nvidia GTX 980 Strix 8GB $255 shipped each

I ran these in SLI the whole time. They're awesome cards, and even one card is borderline overkill for 1080p and fantastic at 1440p. Selling these because I upgraded to a 1080.
29703789212_ca71a7d890_z.jpg
29734113151_958da23bdb_z.jpg

I bought a key from for gears of war 4 from sir_dany12 here. Had I known there was a big glitch from amazon thing going on, I probably would not have bought the code from him at $35, but I had no reason to think that it wasn't legit. Anyway, my game got revoked last night, and so I sent him a PM right away last night requesting a refund...

Just woke up today, and I see he got back to me, but basically he's saying he bought the code from someone else, and he's going to see about getting a refund from him first...implying that I'll only get a refund, if he gets one first....

First of all, I didn't know he got his from any other source, shouldn't he be refunding me regardless if his source gets back to him or not?? I'm not too thrilled with his response.

hollomat

Banned
First of all, I didn't know he got his from any other source, shouldn't he be refunding me regardless if his source gets back to him or not?? I'm not too thrilled with his response.

He should be refunding you regardless of whether he gets his money back. Furthermore, I doubt he paid $35 for the key he sold to you for $35, probably closer to $7 based on the going rates. So not sure why him getting his money back should even be a consideration at all.

He should be refunding you regardless of whether he gets his money back. Furthermore, I doubt he paid $35 for the key he sold to you for $35, probably closer to $7 based on the going rates. So not sure why him getting his money back should even be a consideration at all.

Yeah, this was my thought as well. It's not my problem if he gets his money back, he should be making good on our deal. Geez, what a crappy situation.

I realize now that all was likely to happen after it was revealed about the glitch from amazon, but I swear, I bought this code prior to having knowledge of that, and since this is gaf, I thought it was just another person who bought a video card and didn't want the game. It's pretty common around here.

jrush64

Banned
I bought a key from for gears of war 4 from sir_dany12 here. Had I known there was a big glitch from amazon thing going on, I probably would not have bought the code from him at $35, but I had no reason to think that it wasn't legit. Anyway, my game got revoked last night, and so I sent him a PM right away last night requesting a refund...

Just woke up today, and I see he got back to me, but basically he's saying he bought the code from someone else, and he's going to see about getting a refund from him first...implying that I'll only get a refund, if he gets one first....

Thats exactly who I got it from. That's the same thing he's telling me. I dont believe him one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom