• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2016 | Read the Rules in the OP | I'd Buy That for a Dollar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BorntoPlay

Repost this info here:

I will give you a refund to anyone who got the code revoked from me, just PM me with the info...

Like i said to many of you, i'm working with a etail reseller, the codes dont come from the amazon glitch... but because there is no proof of purchasing i will go with the refund..

Sorry to everyone...

I already refund to everyone who PM me, if anyone got left please let me know....

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Here's the deal. I had NO stake in any of the Gears Codes, on either side; nor have I sold more than a couple codes here, period.

But while yes, everyone should get a refund (assuming there was no disclaimer beforehand), I think it's flair to give a seller ~48hrs to make it right.

It's been less than a day since anyone has likely contacted their seller. Afford them a LITTLE time. If Mon morning/afternoon rolls around and you don't have a refund, then I'd say it's fair to get up in arms.

Here's the deal. I had NO stake in any of the Gears Codes, on either side; nor have I sold more than a couple codes here, period.

But while yes, everyone should get a refund (assuming there was no disclaimer beforehand), I think it's flair to give a seller ~48hrs to make it right.

It's been less than a day since anyone has likely contacted their seller. Afford them a LITTLE time. If Mon morning/afternoon rolls around and you don't have a refund, then I'd say it's fair to get up in arms.

Agree with this. A lot of people are just finding out about it this morning.

I agree, I just am a bit concerned by the wording that my seller used for myself, and for jrush64... They make it sound like we might not see a refund at all if their original source does not refund them, and that's what I'm finding unacceptable.

Labadal

I always ask where a key is from. I always tell where I get keys from. Everyone should do the same. This info can then be used when stuff like this happens. In my favor or against me.

Fracas

#fuckonami
OK, I think I refunded all three people who bought Gears codes from me. If I missed anyone, PM me.

What a clusterfuck, lol. I bought keys through several off-site sellers for myself and friends who didn't want them, so I dumped them here. PMed a million different people. Don't think I'm ever getting a refund from that dude on Reddit. Feels bad.

steveovig

Just some random stuff FS, hoping to get enough for a digital copy of Forza 3, prices are shipped...

Blast Corps (Complete, N64)-$26
MegaMan 64 (Complete)-$55
Star Fox Assault (Complete, GCN)-$20
Die Hard Arcade (Complete, Saturn)-$60
Chaos Field (Complete, GCN)-$22

Repost this info here:

I already refund to everyone who PM me, if anyone got left please let me know....

Thanks for the refund.

Now, if anyone has a legitimate gears code they want to sell, let me know. You are going to have to be a member in really good standing though lol.

So, WTB, Gears 4 code, $40.

I agree. Everyone was on born's ass and acting like he was shady with one guy going so far as to say they they were screwed. Give the folks some time, if they don't fix it. Leave them feedback.

wheapon

WTS Unused 2013 Club Nintendo Posters - Pikmin 3, Luigi, and Wind Waker

I am a NeoGAF plus seller and I am selling the following poster set:

2013 Club Nintendo Poster Set - SOLD

This poster set is still in its canister and has not been used.

Pictures:
Ai0F4B3.jpg

6RnIL5a.jpg

Please PM me if you are interested. Payment will be done via PayPal and shipping is US only via USPS.

WTB: Gears of War 4 Code - $40 Paypal

WTS: Mafia 3 Season Pass on Steam or Xbox - $15
Lego Star Wars The Force Awakened Digital Deluxe (Game + Season pass + a bunch of character packs) for PS4 - $35

Really not liking to response from my seller... I expressed my dissatisfaction with his response, and he sends me a two word reply that says "Just wait"

Labadal

Miscallenius leftover humble keys:
One for $1 Two for $1.50
Can also trade for other bundle keys

Choice Chambers
Nova-111
Galak-Z
Cross of the Dutchman
Hexcells Complete Pack
Expand - Soundtrack Edition
Asdivine Hearts
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball

PayPal FF or buyer pays fees

wiibomb

Really not liking to response from my seller... I expressed my dissatisfaction with his response, and he sends me a two word reply that says "Just wait"

then wait some more.. give the seller 48 hours, and if it doesn't reply, post negative feedback and make a paypal claim if you can

then wait some more.. give the seller 48 hours, and if it doesn't reply, post negative feedback and make a paypal claim if you can

I'm all for working with a seller, what I'm pointing out is how he is handling this...first he makes it sound like that my refund is contingent on whether or not he gets a refund from his source...now he's telling me in the most abrupt way to hold my horses. He could be trying to put my mind at ease, or say he'll make it right one way or another. I'm not getting any of these assurances from him. That's what I'm upset about.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey guys. As you might imagine, we have yet again been asked to moderate a thread that we make clear in the first post that we can't and don't moderate. This is really starting to be an issue. Every month or two we're asked to resolve disputed business here. This is not our job and people should not be relying on us to do it. I am glad that it seems that a number of people are getting refunds, but we shouldn't be put in a position where we are forced to follow up and figure out who got refunds and who didn't.

To offer some advice that really should be obvious:
- Assume by default that software or game keys are shady. If you are getting a serious discount on software, it's because someone is exploiting a loophole somewhere. Maybe it's cross-region buying, maybe it's a temporary price error, maybe it's exploiting some web glitch, maybe it's a bundle key being resold in arbitrage, maybe it's a spare key from a video card, maybe it's an obvious scam, maybe it's stolen. But there's no such thing as a free ride and if you're buying something in this product category you need to be ready to lose your shirt.

- If you care about not being scammed, find out the provenance of the keys. Honest sellers should be able to be honest about where they got their key. We don't require that sellers say how they got the key, but as a buyer consider looking for that information. If someone is reselling a spare key they got after buying a video card, it's almost certainly safe. If someone is selling 50 keys they got from exploiting a checkout glitch on a site, hmm, I wonder if those might get revoked. Labadal, just a few posts above, does the honest thing by pointing out exactly the provenance of what s/he's selling, and I think that makes me feel more comfortable believing that the keys are real. The fact that so few people ask their seller (because they'd rather just get the game for cheap, reason be damned) suggests that this is primarily a demand-side issue, not a supply-side issue.

- Feedback is the primary mechanism for resolving disputes. Moderation is not the primary mechanism for resolving disputes. If someone sells 50 keys and they get revoked and they won't refund, the correct response is to file 50 negative feedbacks against the user. What's the first line in the OP and why do you think it's there?

TheCrackInTime

Neo Member
WTS: FIFA 17 digital code (Xbox One) for £30

It was bundled with my Xbox One, but I don't play FIFA.

Payment via PayPal gift please. PM me for details.

Edit - Possibly sold, waiting to hear back from someone

Edit 2 - Sold

Padinn

I am looking to sell my Star Wars Edition PS4. This is the one with the Darth Vader logo on it. It is in excellent condition and I am a non smoker. It includes an upgraded 2TB hard drive and a Squaretrade accidental damage warranty. The warranty is good through November 2018 and is transferable to the new owner.

I am asking $375 shipped inside the lower 48 US. If interested PM me. Will also consider offers.

My heatware is Ghoststalker.

itsmedave

I'll play devils advocate here. Imagine if a buyer got an item from a seller and then said I'll pay you in two days. There's no way a seller would agree to that either. These keys are obviously part of the glitch and no one should have to "just wait" to get a refund for a bad item.

SLEIhbg.png

EqCwEKC.jpg

No Man's Sky Limited Edition - $35 Shipped

Basically done with the game and just want to get rid of it. Everything is mint condition except the actual steelbook, which has a slight dent.
I live right next to a post office and will ship ASAP

thanks for looking!

WTS:

Hearthstone
Hero Tyrande Whisperwind & Card back - $9

[US Eshop Codes]

3DS
Retro City Rampage: DX & Theme - $1

Wii U:
$1
Affordable Space Adventures (2x)
Citizens of Earth
Darksiders II
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Swords & Soldiers II

Square Enix
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - $4

Steam:
$1
Dead Island Riptide Complete Edition
Door Kickers
FORCED
Front Mission Evolved
Magicka 2
Murdered: Soul Suspect
Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas
Retro City Rampage DX
Risen
Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition
Tomb Raider I
Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Underworld
TransOcean: The Shipping Company
WARMACHINE Tactics
WARMACHINE Tactics - Mercenaries Faction Bundle

Free

Samorost 2
Asphyxia

Want: Paypal

WTB:
Solstice

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Digital movie codes for sale, US region. From my own personal collection, guaranteed to work. Paypal Friends or Amazon gift card accepted. Thanks
af7trx6.png

$4 The Walk - UVHD
$4 Hugo - iTunes + UV
$2 Mad Men: Final Season Part 1 - UVHD

*Sold* The Guest - iTunes + UVHD
*Sold* Warrior - Itunes

HaYAFdI.jpg

My reponse back would've been "Paypal dispute"

My seller gave me a refund as soon as he responded, which was great. I would've dealt with the situation in the same manner. There really isn't a "just wait" scenario here, unless he doesn't have the funds and needs to wait until payday, which is fine, be specific.

Just wait is leading towards a negative feedback situation, imo.

shanafan

I used eBay, and submitted a refund request with photo evidence that the code doesn't work. The seller has until 10/5 to respond, and if they don't, eBay can help. It's just $20, so I'll wait till the 5th to see if the seller responds and if not, I will proceed with next steps on eBay.

painey

selling my Deus Ex Mankind Divided for Xbox One at $35 shipped anywhere in the USA. Great condition, day 1 edition but the DLC code has been used.

Have:
Blurays all CIB
Band of Brothers Steelbook
Big Bang Theory S1-5
Watchmen DC

Want:
Paypal, evangelion BRs, Transformers 30th anniv BR, retro games, offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom