• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Byleth joins the Smash team as the fifth DLC character on 28 January!

Holgren

Even the aesthetics of FE characters is boring, what a lame choice.

And there are so many Nintendo characters that could be cool representations of their franchise: Duster, Geno, Majora's Wrath, a Paper Mario partner, Wind Waker's Ganondorf, Marx from Kirby, Deku/Goron/Zora Link that works similar to Pokemon Trainer.

Last edited:

Porcile

The characters I genuinely want have been forever relegated to shitty Mii costumes anway. PRAY 4 SAKI AND TAKAMARU.

iconmaster

Banned
This is obvious to anyone who actually plays the game and aren't needlessly overexaggerating their displeasure

My Switch says 115 hours. The characters just aren’t that distinct to me. (Note I said that i can’t tell them apart.)

SmHdgCT.jpg

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
after watching the direct again I can kind of see the the merit, but it is still disappointing as fuck. My biggest issue is that the other weapons function like a larger or smaller sword strike regardless of the weapon used. Nothing truly different . The bow is really the only defining factor here that makes him/her unique. Is that enough after the stellar 4 characters before it? No it is not.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
YET ANOTHER ANIME FIGHTER WHY AM I ALWAYS RIGHT?
also
"he"? EXCUSE ME?
the Fire Emblem characters are so unbelievably boring... WHY?...
Eh, that isn't entirely true. Sakurai is just a hack. It is easier to make more Sword characters than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Base on most of your posts I would say you never care for it in the first place. I guess this internet, people love overreact for stupidest things and YouTubers making money from it.
Hehe, I'm just playing. I agree with your YT remark though, say dumb shit, get comments and engagement, it's a sad, sad space.
I actually think the new char looks pretty cool.

Praise be our Lord and Saviour Sakurai-San.

I must admit, he knows how to troll and absolutely no one saw this coming. I burst out laughing when it was ANOTHER sword-wielding FE character. Then laughed a bit more when I sat down and imagined the Twitter backlash. Gold, absolute gold.

Personally, I think Byleth looks interesting. People hated Corrin's reveal so it's not like we haven't been here before. A good addition which offers something unique in a game with a 70+ roster. I can't be mad.

The fact we have six more fighters coming should make this a little easier for the eternally butthurt to swallow. I'm just along for the ride.

Will be interesting to see how the next DLC is priced. Having put 150+ hours into this game already, I still think +$100 for the full package represents decent value for money.

Edit: I actually unsubbed from one of my Patreons when they posted an article "analysing" how much of the Smash roster is mostly white dudes #LackofDiversity. Leading up to the direct he was begging, BEGGING for it to not be another "white guy with a sword". Oh to be subbed to that Patreon now just to see the meltdown. You just keep on Japaning, Japan. :messenger_horns:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Base on most of your posts I would say you never care for it in the first place. I guess this internet, people love overreact for stupidest things and YouTubers making money from it.

Yeah modern internet in a nutshell: always jump on the bandwagon.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
They should of taken the opportunity to put in a iconic Fire Emblem villain instead. Byleth is a rather boring and safe choice with the primary purpose of promoting 3 Houses and it's upcoming DLC.

But I stopped playing Smash a while ago so I guess it doesn't mean much either way.

Top Bottom