• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don´t understand the last sentence unless you meant to say you have NO interest in raids.

If so - why?

Hey. Yeah I meant to put "no interest in raids". The reason for that is that I played WoW endgame for a lot of years and I just can't be bothered with finding decent players, waiting for people to all get online together, trolls, people freaking out over a game etc.

Strikes are perfect for me and my partner to jump on, find a random player and achieve something in an hour or two. I loved the original Destiny despite it not turning out how I wanted it too, I simply tired of the limited strikes on offer at launch for my endgame so I never went back. I'd love like 10-15 strikes on day one for Destiny 2, with a minimum of two per month arriving to keep me playing long term.

GlamFM

Banned
Hey. Yeah I meant to put "no interest in raids". The reason for that is that I played WoW endgame for a lot of years and I just can't be bothered with finding decent players, waiting for people to all get online together, trolls, people freaking out over a game etc.

Strikes are perfect for me and my partner to jump on, find a random player and achieve something in an hour or two. I loved the original Destiny despite it not turning out how I wanted it too, I simply tired of the limited strikes on offer at launch for my endgame so I never went back. I'd love like 10-15 strikes on day one for Destiny 2, with a minimum of two per month arriving to keep me playing long term.

Just join DGAF for Destiny 2 and you´re all set.

We are super awesome, super nice and super inclusive.

GlamFM

Banned
Yes we do. The Pro itself is not proving itself to be more than a niche product.

They're not releasing another more powerful PS4 next year.

No chance.

Not saying they are, but also not saying they are not.

The iterative model makes a lot of sense. Not sure Sony really cares about how many PROs they are selling as long as they keep you in the family.

I know the comparison is annoying, but they might actually go for the Apple approach here.

Apple does not care if you buy an iPhone 6, 6plus , SE, 7.... whatever as long as you don´t buy an Android.

Aalvi

Should I go back and play destiny?

I always wondered if I missed out. I played the beta and wasn't feeling the bullet sponges.

FeD.nL

Yes we do. The Pro itself is not proving itself to be more than a niche product.

No chance.

Doesn't have to be more powerful. Could also be another form factor, another portable for example.

im_dany

I don't understand why cross-saving would be so hard. They already have something similar in place with the Bungie.net accounts (remember those pre-launch codes you could redeem? they'd give emblems/shaders on all linked accounts iirc). Crossplay would be great too but I suspect Sony don't want to give Xbox players an incentive to stay on that platform. They have the bigger userbase, they want people to think "I better get a PS4 and play with more people".

Carn82

I don't understand why cross-saving would be so hard. They already have something similar in place with the Bungie.net accounts (remember those pre-launch codes you could redeem?

I remember reading an interview pretty soon after the D1 launch where a Bungie guy said that all the platforms pretty much use the same back-end. I`ll try to find it.

DieH@rd

Banned
There will be no "next PS4." So that kind of makes the whole thing pretty clear nonsense.

Cerny already confirmed that Sony is fully behind "generational" approach with clear hardware cut that will enable developers to aim at new much stronger hardware [hopefully everything from PS4 will carry on to be foward compatibile forever in the future]. Also, the first two years of PS4 sales have guaranteed PS5.

broony

I don't understand why cross-saving would be so hard. They already have something similar in place with the Bungie.net accounts (remember those pre-launch codes you could redeem? they'd give emblems/shaders on all linked accounts iirc). Crossplay would be great too but I suspect Sony don't want to give Xbox players an incentive to stay on that platform. They have the bigger userbase, they want people to think "I better get a PS4 and play with more people".

I'm pretty sure I'm the run up to launch or soon after, Bungie said that the ability to share characters across PS and Xbox was possible on their end but Sony and / or MS didn't want to allow it. Was a long time ago. I'll see if I can find links.

ViciousDS

Banned
Not saying they are, but also not saying they are not.

The iterative model makes a lot of sense. Not sure Sony really cares about how many PROs they are selling as long as they keep you in the family.

I know the comparison is annoying, but they might actually go for the Apple approach here.

Apple does not care if you buy an iPhone 6, 6plus , SE, 7.... whatever as long as you don´t buy an Android.

my guess is, its that rumored ultra slim we've been hearing about.....or maybe its even a slimmed down Pro model

I doubt it's true but there have been so many games I would double-dip on if progress was shared across platforms. Apart from the obvious reticence of Sony & Microsoft to cooperate on this I think the interesting problems to solve are what to do about exclusive content and micro-transactions.

Exclusive content - seems easy enough to solve, maps just won't come up, items are unequipped and unavailable on the platform that doesn't support them. Cosmetics that you pay for which are ostensibly available on all platforms I could see being a bigger issue. Only the platform holder where you bought the cosmetic is going to get a cut of the proceeds, will the others be happy with that?

Spoo

It's going to feel really strange saying goodbye to Destiny while simultaneously having to size up the sequel. Like, there's a great deal of stuff that I still love Destiny for -- primarily the MP -- and it's going to be bittersweet as fuck saying goodbye to, well, everything in it. Especially if some of those things manage to still be better than the sequel, in some ways, as more information starts to come out.

But fuck it, I'm ready.

cripterion

Being on pc will make this automatically better than the last one but I hope they improve the shit out of everything and don't just slap an excuse of a story on it. Don't mind if it's cabal focused, but still want some variety in enemies.

Oh and also I wanna see that mountain and go there!

Floody

No chance.

I can see a Pro slim happening, maybe like the XB1S it gets a slight power boost.

Floody

I always wondered if I missed out. I played the beta and wasn't feeling the bullet sponges.

It's improved massively over time and it's never been easier to get into and level up fast. Probably best to get a friend to join with you though.

Only really bosses are bullet sponges.

Cruxist

Welcome to a world without light?

What does that mean? I like light and ghosts and the traveler etc.

There's also a conspicuous lack of ghosts in the reveal trailer.

But it's most likely a story justification for re-setting levels and possibly changing classes up a bit. I will absolutely mourn my bubble if that's the case though.

If Destiny 2 PvP becomes a competitive e-sport.... is it played with controllers? PS4? Would Bungie force PC players to use controllers with aim-assist still active? It is one of the main ingridients for their secret-sauce...

Sony/Activision/Bungie/MLG should put something together like Halo Worlds, with a big prize pool. Maybe e3?

If Destiny 2 becomes eSports. It's definitely gonna be sponsored by Sony. They already have Activision's balls for COD and Crash Bandicoot (even Destiny's DLC content to some degree).

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So is this 1PM EST or 10AM EST?

i have a doctor appointment at 1PM and might miss it live.

The Next PS4 rumor is bs. At best, we will see a Pro with a Bluray drive for the same price. Sony isnt going to flood the market with three different machines and ask devs to support all three.

So is this 1PM EST or 10AM EST?

i have a doctor appointment at 1PM and might miss it live.

The Next PS4 rumor is bs. At best, we will see a Pro with a Bluray drive for the same price. Sony isnt going to flood the market with three different machines and ask devs to support all three.

1PM EST

stoke.gif

Symbiotx

It has been an amazing ride, but honestly if you haven't played Destiny yet, I'd recommend just waiting for Destiny 2.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I've heard a few things from a few folks who have played the game.

- 60fps (from multiple first hand sources)
- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox
- Optimized for PS4 Pro, the next PS4, and Scorpio
- More exclusive PS4 content, again. Ugh.

Can't reveal my sources, so feel free to disregard all of that as conjecture. I'm personally hoping that we get Cross-Save for all three platforms.

Ohhwee... would love for that 60fps to be true on my Pro!

Oh wait, cross-save from PS4 to PC would be amazing!! I wanted to grab D2 for PC too but mostly for PVE since I'm better with controller than KB+M: if progress saves to both then I'm in for 2 copies day one!!

"Next PS4" wouldn't necessarily be more powerful, think "PS4 Pro Slim".

But if you've optimized the game for PS4 Pro, then you've optimized it for a PS4 Pro Slim. Why mention both with regard to optimization if they're specced the same?

I'm in the 'tales from someone's ass' camp regarding those 'leaks', btw.

Oh wait, cross-save from PS4 to PC would be amazing!! I wanted to grab D2 for PC too but mostly for PVE since I'm better with controller than KB+M: if progress saves to both then I'm in for 2 copies day one!!

Not sure how this would be possible, as there will be chunks of time where gear and possibly missions/strikes are available on PS4 that aren't available on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom