• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetree

If Destiny 2 PvP becomes a competitive e-sport.... is it played with controllers? PS4? Would Bungie force PC players to use controllers with aim-assist still active? It is one of the main ingridients for their secret-sauce...

Sony/Activision/Bungie/MLG should put something together like Halo Worlds, with a big prize pool. Maybe e3?

If Destiny 2 PvP becomes a competitive e-sport.... is it played with controllers? PS4? Would Bungie force PC players to use controllers with aim-assist still active? It is one of the main ingridients for their secret-sauce...

Sony/Activision/Bungie/MLG should put something together like Halo Worlds, with a big prize pool. Maybe e3?
Pretty much zero chance.
Activision has CoD on console and trys to establish Overwatch on Pc.
I don't see any sapce for competitive destiny. Not on the market itself and not from activision with ressoruces allocated to support it.

I don't think destiny will ever be an esport due to the loot mechanics among other things.

H3xum

Sorta on topic, but, I just went to bestbuy to preorder the game because hype, and, if you are GCU you can get it for 47.99 and get a 10 dollar credit for future purchases

Acidote

So looking forward to this on PC, but hoping I won't catch too much shit from people because I use a controller :( I don't PVP, but I still feel like people are gonna be dicks.

Don't worry, you won't take any shit as long as you stick to PvE. And that's the major focus of the game, coop PvE.

That said, if you try to PvP people would probably go nuclear.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I rarely get super hyped these days but I'm full steam ahead on this one. Despite all ithe first is my most played game ever.

Bungie seems far more confident and excited in this reveal than anything before for Destiny, which gives me a lot of hope.

jeffc919

Well, i have been playing Battlefield 1 for a few months now and I just love how shooting at someone means they will go down.

With Destiny, the net code fucking sucked. Gun balance was total shit. ARs and even Pulse rifles were shit for months. It had way too many one hit kill weapons... shotguns, grenades, melees, snipers and supers. They need to completely revamp that and go with a 60 fps target. i dont care if they cant consistently hit it.

Graphics better get a massive upgrade too. Destiny looked great but very last gen.

I guess i am surprised i am no longer excited about Destiny 2. They need to do a lot to impress me.

I'm kind of on the fence too, having also played a lot of 60FPS games after pouring hundreds of hours into Destiny. Halo 5, Battlefield 1, Titanfall, Titanfall 2. Going back and playing 30FPS (with shit netcode but that's another matter) after being used to playing 60FPS is jarring.

Then again, there is nothing else coming out any time soon that interests me so I'll probably pick it up and play it a lot just be default.

Trace

Banned
Well, i have been playing Battlefield 1 for a few months now and I just love how shooting at someone means they will go down.

With Destiny, the net code fucking sucked. Gun balance was total shit. ARs and even Pulse rifles were shit for months. It had way too many one hit kill weapons... shotguns, grenades, melees, snipers and supers. They need to completely revamp that and go with a 60 fps target. i dont care if they cant consistently hit it.

Graphics better get a massive upgrade too. Destiny looked great but very last gen.

I guess i am surprised i am no longer excited about Destiny 2. They need to do a lot to impress me.

You want a massive graphics upgrade and double the FPS? You realize how silly that sounds right.

jeffc919

You want a massive graphics upgrade and double the FPS? You realize how silly that sounds right.

Probably could at least get a modest graphics upgrade on PS4 Pro at 60 FPS unlocked target frame rate. More time to optimize their engine, no last gen support, more time to optimize for current gen platforms, etc.

hiryu

Fully Hyped for this. Destiny is probably my second most played game ever. I'll probably play part 2 even more because I'll most likely get the PS4 and PC version.

Trace

Banned
Probably could at least get a modest graphics upgrade on PS4 Pro at 60 FPS unlocked target frame rate. More time to optimize their engine, no last gen support, more time to optimize for current gen platforms, etc.

They're increasing the open-ness of their environments, adding more assets etc. They're also not going to increase the FPS on Scorpio/PS4 Pro which means that the base game would need to be 60 fps, which isn't going to happen.

Mozendo

I'm excited too!
Will doube dip on the PC version if it's good enough. Right now I'm acting as the hype man so I can play with some friends. Playing Destiny solo sucks

Really? I played BF1 too and that didn't always work for me. I thought the net code for that game was one of the worst and I was there at launch but haven't touched the game since the intital month it was released. Game just bored the hell out of my friends and I. Fastest we have dropped a BF game ever.

I have over 1000 hours in Destiny and am ready to put another 1000 in Destiny 2. So, so hyped for this game.

nOoblet16

Destiny 2 isn't going to be an e sport but regardless you know there are other games that are multiplatform and have a competitive scene right?

Do you see them force PC players to use a controller? No they just have separate competition for PC, Xbox and PS4.

jeffc919

They're increasing the open-ness of their environments, adding more assets etc. They're also not going to increase the FPS on Scorpio/PS4 Pro which means that the base game would need to be 60 fps, which isn't going to happen.

I'm not expecting or predicting it to happen. Just saying they probably could go in that direction if they wanted to. I'd be happy with 60FPS PvP and 30FPS PvE but I don't expect that either unfortunately. As a Pro owner I would also be happy with a graphical downgrade on the base PS4/X1 in order to get 60FPS. :)

MrS

Banned
Please be good. I only want a better net code and more raids. Is that too much to ask, Bungle?

Symbiotx

Published on Sep 12, 2014

It's time to move on.

I always thought it as interesting that Destiny is a game where haters can't get over the salt. 3 years after release and there's still people that have to show up to every Destiny thread just to bring up the same old complaints.

A friend of mine refuses to get off the hate bandwagon, but he would love it if he gave it a chance. Oh well.

Kill3r7

Just give us another raid of the same quality as VoG and we are all good. I know Vanilla Destiny lacked many of the QoL things that TTK included but it had the best legendary weapons and raid. IMO, the early game stuff is merely busy work to enjoy the endgame content.

KodaRuss

I just hope the game is different enough, I feel like we are going to be playing Destiny 1.5 (which was TTK) for some reason.

Anyway, cant wait.

Honestly can't wait for the gameplay reveal myself.

However, I've been thinking, we all know Sony has secured the marketing rights to Destiny 2 (and bonus content). Hypothetically speaking, say Activision also secured a deal with Microsoft offering Play anywhere, alongside Sony having the marketing rights. Does anyone think that such a hypothetical deal :

1 - Could exist. Assuming Microsoft paid top dollar for such a feature. Could there be a clause allowing for Sony to advertise the hell out of the game alongside the Playstation platforms, while Microsoft has their own slice of the pie and offering play anywhere?

2 - Would such a feature heavily skew sales away from Playstation and more towards PC/Xbox?

This is what I'm intrigued about too. Both Sony and MS have done cross play with PC gamers..I think both on Steam and the Windows store. The latest Gears for example allows co-op cross platform but not PvP.

Given the focus of the game is on a lot of co-op activities, I think cross play with PC could be a big positive for whichever console gets it, if any.

I just hope the game is different enough, I feel like we are going to be playing Destiny 1.5 (which was TTK) for some reason.

Anyway, cant wait.
Lord, I hope not. I really think we will see some innovation this go around. The scope was already huge and I think the technology and the delay will allow them to live up to the story/universe.

But I thought vanilla destiny was fantastic. So maybe I'm just easy to please

Loxley

I can't remember the last time I wanted to like a game more than Destiny - but it just didn't live up to the hype for me. I'm definitely interested to see Destiny 2 though, I feel like this will be the game Bungie wanted to make the first time around.

duhmetree

Destiny 2 isn't going to be an e sport but regardless you know there are other games that are multiplatform and have a competitive scene right?

Do you see them force PC players to use a controller? No they just have separate competition for PC, Xbox and PS4.

When MLG had major CoD tournaments, wasn't it played on Xbox? If MLG has major Destiny tournaments, wouldn't it be played on PS4?

MLG has already shown interest in Destiny 1, a game no where near ready for the 'e-sport' scene... Hopefully in two days we'll get to see what types of changes have been made in PvP, ( hoping 60fps, a spectator mode and some form of load-out parity )

urge26

I've been gaming for 25 years, and I can't think of an announcement I've been more excited for. If it wasn't for my daughter's school performance late in the day, I would've taken the day and parked my ass in my chair with a 12 pack.

It's scary too though because you have so many ideas about what this will be in your head and it's weird that in 2 days I'll know the direction.

Compsiox

Banned
If everyone doesn't get hyped everyone will be impressed.

Anyway, cant wait.

Same. I'm hoping that when I play for the first time I'll be like: Wow, this is a new game. With 1000 people having worked on it, I think it will.

FinKL

Hype thread?! I'm excited and being on vacation makes the wait tolerable. Can't wait to lay in bed Thursday night for gameplay!

Only played at a friend's PS4 but liked what I saw, so I am excited enough for the PC version. Until the release I think WoW shall suffice for my MMO needs.

Also Activision Launcher exclusive, believe it!

Not excited for Destiny 2 after getting locked out of features I had already paid for in the first game when I didn't buy a DLC "expansion."

Just blows my mind that people are excited to once again pay for a fraction of the game at launch only to enjoy it for ~3 months before they will need to pay up in order to keep playing all the modes originally available at launch.

Especially not hyped when you add in the lack of dedicated servers in a game that wants you to always be playing with other players and can only be played when you have an internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom