• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Flame_AC

Ugh. Wants a switcher to switch Sorian implying night kill immunity, knows for a fact that one cultist exists, and won't stop talking about food and fire. I think Blargonaut is a town or neutral alligned killer, whose flavor is to feed a fire with our bodies.

On the bolded, I don't think it takes Blarg to say that one cultist exists. I'd bet there are probably 3 or 4.

Flame_AC

This is very interesting by the way. Packed so neatly into your post with very little explanation around it. I don't know what to make of it but I don't like how matter of fact it was.

Unfortunately, my list hasn't been posted yet and so my reasons for the Tourist status have not yet been made clear, you'll see my reasoning in my list.

On the bolded, I don't think it takes Blarg to say that one cultist exists. I'd bet there are probably 3 or 4.

Well yeah, but he also said it was 100% verifed. That would be completely possible if he was immune to a roleblocker, like Karkador it would most likely inform him in the role description. I don't see it as possible in another situation.

I also want to ask this, do you think Tucah is worth more than Blarg? Because I don't

My personal thoughts on this are that, if you do think Tucah is a tourist, you shouldn't be voting for him, regardless of his usefulness. You should be going after one of the people you're getting scum reads from, because a tourist lynch definitely hurts our win condition. At least while a neutral Blarg lynch doesn't necessarily further our win condition, it has the chance (a strong one, if he actually IS a serial killer) of helping us out in the long run by removing rid of a liability. I won't look down on you for not going with my preferred plan, but I strongly feel that you should reconsider your vote if you actually think he is a tourist.

VOTE: Tucah

He's got no strings
So he has fun
He's not tied up to anyone

He's got no strings
'Cause you can see
He's got nothing on me

I4MPngH.gif

Flame_AC

VOTE: Tucah

He's got no strings
So he has fun
He's not tied up to anyone

He's got no strings
'Cause you can see
He's got nothing on me

I4MPngH.gif

All your post is doing is reminding me of Ultron in the Avenger's trailer. Subtle hint to ultron?

Seems voting might be going the way of either Tucah or Blargonaut barring another candidate.

Timeaisis

I made my stance on Blarg clear yesterday, and I stand by it. Neutral roles complicate things needlessly and make often make winning even harder for town. We don't have enough to nail anyone else now, imo, so we might as well go for Blarg now.

Especially if Blarg turns out a serial killer, we defintely don't need an additional night kill firing off each night. And Blarg, if you are town, claim it and stop speaking in riddles.

I made my stance on Blarg clear yesterday, and I stand by it. Neutral roles complicate things needlessly and make often make winning even harder for town. We don't have enough to nail anyone else now, imo, so we might as well go for Blarg now.

Especially if Blarg turns out a serial killer, we defintely don't need an additional night kill firing off each night. And Blarg, if you are town, claim it and stop speaking in riddles.

I'm Town.

Sorian

Banned
My personal thoughts on this are that, if you do think Tucah is a tourist, you shouldn't be voting for him, regardless of his usefulness. You should be going after one of the people you're getting scum reads from, because a tourist lynch definitely hurts our win condition. At least while a neutral Blarg lynch doesn't necessarily further our win condition, it has the chance (a strong one, if he actually IS a serial killer) of helping us out in the long run by removing rid of a liability. I won't look down on you for not going with my preferred plan, but I strongly feel that you should reconsider your vote if you actually think he is a tourist.

I never actually said I think Tucah is a tourist. If you actually look back at my posts, I'm classifying him as a "useless tourist" but he sticks out to me as scummy as can be. I don't think real life got in the way or anything, I think he has avoided this topic on purpose. He was quick to defend himself but since then? Nothing. He did mention that Daryll's item was interesting two days ago but that was his last post and it still provided nothing. I read Tucah as someone who isn't helping our cause while also being possible scum. That is worse than any antics Blarg is pulling at this point.I could make a case for the other useless ones to be tourist, Oceanic, Prodigy, Neuro, etc. but Tucah? No, he sticks out as the highest possibility of that list to be cultist.

Fireblend

Banned
I really don't want Blarg to go but I'm not sure how to go around convincing the current anti-Blarg faction if Sorian or Rats haven't already, because their points are pretty much the same as mine.

I'm pretty sure we all think he's most likely a neutral. I'm also almost convinced that he does have information that can be useful to town, and whatever his info is he's supposed to "trade it" with us for whatever gets him closer to his win condition - the biggest piece of evidence I have for this is his "directions" post. Voting for him or not is a matter of how long we want to let him play that game then, and in exchange for useful info I'm willing to let him live for at least another day.

I'll also admit though that he may have info not only about cultists but about tourists too, and if he starts offering it to cultists, we'd probably regret giving him the chance. That worries me greatly.

Still keeping my vote on OceanicAir for now. Wish he'd show up :(

Flame_AC

I never actually said I think Tucah is a tourist. If you actually look back at my posts, I'm classifying him as a "useless tourist" but he sticks out to me as scummy as can be. I don't think real life got in the way or anything, I think he has avoided this topic on purpose. He was quick to defend himself but since then? Nothing. He did mention that Daryll's item was interesting two days ago but that was his last post and it still provided nothing. I read Tucah as someone who isn't helping our cause while also being possible scum. That is worse than any antics Blarg is pulling at this point.I could make a case for the other useless ones to be tourist, Oceanic, Prodigy, Neuro, etc. but Tucah? No, he sticks out as the highest possibility of that list to be cultist.

Ohh Sorian, I think you might be diving into hot water with that remark. You're valuing the life of a potential tourist less then that of an unhelpful likely third party person. That doesn't seem like a particularly good thing for a Tourist to be pulling for.

Okay, I apologize if I misread. I was under the impression that useless tourists on your list were still likely to be tourist aligned from your perspective.

Ohh Sorian, I think you might be diving into hot water with that remark. You're valuing the life of a potential tourist less then that of an unhelpful likely third party person. That doesn't seem like a particularly good thing for a Tourist to be pulling for.

Well really, we're all potential tourists at this point. My read on that post was that he still thinks Tucah is pretty scummy, which is a justifiable reason for a vote.

Flame_AC

I really don't want Blarg to go but I'm not sure how to go around convincing the current anti-Blarg faction if Sorian or Rats haven't already, because their points are pretty much the same as mine.

I'm pretty sure we all think he's most likely a neutral. I'm also almost convinced that he does have information that can be useful to town, and whatever his info is he's supposed to "trade it" with us for whatever gets him closer to his win condition - the biggest piece of evidence I have for this is his "directions" post. Voting for him or not is a matter of how long we want to let him play that game then, and in exchange for useful info I'm willing to let him live for at least another day.

I'll also admit though that he may have info not only about cultists but about tourists too, and if he starts offering it to cultists, we'd probably regret giving him the chance. That worries me greatly.

Still keeping my vote on OceanicAir for now. Wish he'd show up :(

On your bolded statements. Let's say that he promises all will be revealed tomorrow, how would you feel if we lynch a Tourist, Blarg is killed at night, and we don't get any of our supposed information?

If he is able to offer his information to Cultists, that is even more reason to get rid of such a hazard.

Flame_AC

Well really, we're all potential tourists at this point. My read on that post was that he still thinks Tucah is pretty scummy, which is a justifiable reason for a vote.

Fair enough that we're all potential tourists, but I believe we're all in some form of agreement that he is a potentially lethal third party to the town.

Sorian

Banned

That's fine, I don't regret it in the least. Not every serial killer is a neutral party. It's day 1, I would much rather see us lose someone who has offered no help as opposed to someone who has not made their intentions known. Though the bolded is interested because the rest of my post goes on to say why I do not think he is a tourist. Everyone is a "potential" tourist right now, we have no concrete information to the contrary.

Okay, I apologize if I misread. I was under the impression that useless tourists on your list were still likely to be tourist aligned from your perspective.

Bad phrasing on my part I guess. I'm using the innocent until proven guilty ideology so unless I get a hard read as scum, I still kept you as a "tourist" for my purposes. Because Tucah posted so little, I don't get that hard read but I still see him as the highest possibility of being cult from my list and I really think voting out someone from my useless tourist list is the best course of action.

Update since Zatoth's last one. Just so we know where we're at. Apologies for any mistakes.

Lone_Prodigy (4)
Rats Off To Ya
Droplet
RetroMG
Darryl

Blargonaut (3)
Matt Attack
Timeaisis
Flame_AC

Tucah (2)
Sorian
Blargonaut

Flame_AC (1)
Lone_Prodigy

Lord of Castamere (1)
ultron87

OceanicAir (1)
Fireblend

Darryl (1)
Lone_Prodigy

13 votes are need to end the day early.

Sorian

Banned
On your bolded statements. Let's say that he promises all will be revealed tomorrow, how would you feel if we lynch a Tourist, Blarg is killed at night, and we don't get any of our supposed information?

If he is able to offer his information to Cultists, that is even more reason to get rid of such a hazard.

If there is one thing I am almost 100% certain on, it's that Blarg can't die tonight. Adn if he can, then good, that means he was bluffing and had nothing to provide anyway.

Flame_AC

If there is one thing I am almost 100% certain on, it's that Blarg can't die tonight. Adn if he can, then good, that means he was bluffing and had nothing to provide anyway.

Okay, so lets take the idea that he can't die tonight as fact. Then lets just say he strings us out until perhaps Day 3 when all will be revealed. The cultists still have the opportunity to kill him Night 2. We can't risk a potential tourist for a third party.

Sorian

Banned
Okay, so lets take the idea that he can't die tonight as fact. Then lets just say he strings us out until perhaps Day 3 when all will be revealed. The cultists still have the opportunity to kill him Night 2. We can't risk a potential tourist for a third party.

Kill him tomorrow then. If nothing comes from this then you have my vote immediately for his lynching on day 2. I know I said that with this theme I'd be highly surprised if there wasn't a serial killer in this game but we don't actually know that there is for sure. If we let him ride out one night then it will most likely be confirmed one way or another and Blarg has this weird sense of honor. If we are reading it right, his solution 1 was meant to give information to town, not cult. I bet you anything if he is a killer, he's going to attempt to kill someone he suspects as scum.

Flame_AC

Kill him tomorrow then. If nothing comes from this then you have my vote immediately for his lynching on day 2. I know I said that with this theme I'd be highly surprised if there wasn't a serial killer in this game but we don't actually know that there is for sure. If we let him ride out one night then it will most likely be confirmed one way or another and Blarg has this weird sense of honor. If we are reading it right, his solution 1 was meant to give information to town, not cult. I bet you anything if he is a killer, he's going to attempt to kill someone he suspects as scum.

And what if he's wrong and takes us down another tourist. We'd lose our bonus day advantage. Think about that, one wrong move, using information on Day 1, loses the town an entire day. Do you really think this gamble is worth it?

Fireblend

Banned
What makes people think Blarg can't die tonight? And do you think this means no one would die if the cultists targeted him? Or the tourists? Or would they be informed before voting that Blarg is immune?

Because he has painted a large enough target on his back that if he can die, we'd almost be doing the cultists a favor by killing him for them, so they can target another big most-likely-town poster, instead of killing a third party for us.

So, assuming Blarg can die:

- If we kill him, the cultists will kill who they think is a good tourist. So tomorrow we'll be minus one third party and a guaranteed good tourist player hand-picked by the cultists.

- If we don't kill him, the cultists are pretty much guaranteed to kill him tonight, so we'll be minus one third party, and either an inactive tourist or a cultist for which we will have voted.

Flame_AC

What makes people think Blarg can't die tonight? And do you think this means no one would die if the cultists targeted him? Or the tourists? Or would they be informed before voting that Blarg is immune?

Because he has painted a large enough target on his back that if he can die, we'd almost be doing the cultists a favor by killing him for them, so they can target another big most-likely-town poster, instead of killing a third party for us.

- If we kill him, the cultists will kill who they think is a good tourist. So tomorrow we'll be minus one third party and a guaranteed good tourist player hand-picked by the cultists.

- If we don't kill him, the cultists are pretty much guaranteed to kill him tonight, so we'll be minus one third party, and either an inactive tourist or a cultist for which we will have voted.

As I mentioned before, if Blarg can string the town along for awhile, the Cutlists can hold off killing him. This could then lead us to think he's immune, we buy what he's selling and then on Night 2 he dies before any significant information made it our way.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
If Blarg isn't killed by tourists then here's all the leads we have on who the cultists are:

Nothing.

No one has truly doubted him or even really acted mega hostile towards him until a few hours ago but that's because people feel it's best to be rid of him now. But I really doubt he'll be killed, it's too easy.

In past games, when somebody is protected/immune for whatever reason, and are targeted for a night kill, the killer is never notified. During the morning, there simply isn't a dead player. Essentially, it would be a waste for the cultists if they were to attack an immune player.

Fair, then let me phrase it like this. Do you think there is a better option than killing Blarg today?

If the goal today is to kill someone not town alligned then no. I don't think we have a better option. Blargonaut is the only person we have any info on. The difference between 2 townies dying and 1 neutral, but there is undoubtedly benefit to wielding The Blargonaut. That said, with great power comes great responsibility. Does the cost outweigh the benefit?

If Blarg isn't killed by tourists then here's all the leads we have on who the cultists are:

Nothing.

No one has truly doubted him or even really acted mega hostile towards him until a few hours ago but that's because people feel it's best to be rid of him now. But I really doubt he'll be killed, it's too easy.

I've been posting my suspicions of him for a few days now, admittedly. I just felt the need to go all in now that we're approaching the deadline.

Flame_AC

In past games, when somebody is protected/immune for whatever reason, and are targeted for a night kill, the killer is never notified. During the morning, there simply isn't a dead player. Essentially, it would be a waste for the cultists if they were to attack an immune player.

Adding on to this, Blarg has effectively said that he is night kill immune. Unless the cultists are going to try and call his bluff, they don't target him.

Fireblend

Banned
As I mentioned before, if Blarg can string the town along for awhile, the Cutlists can hold off killing him. This could then lead us to think he's immune, we buy what he's selling and then on Night 2 he dies before any significant information made it our way.

Unless the cultists are motivated to kill him because he's selling them out to gain our trust as part of the way he's supposed to play his role. I highly doubt if the cultists attempted to kill an immune player they'd get a second chance, but who knows.

Flame_AC

Unless the cultists are motivated to kill him because he's selling them out to gain our trust as part of the way he's supposed to play his role. I highly doubt if the cultists attempted to kill an immune player they'd get a second chance, but who knows.

Saying that he's selling out the cultists to gain our trust implies that he is anti-town, no?

Nothing.

Blargonaut doesn't know who the cultists are. If what I believe is true, he's knows the role name of one cultist and his death will give us that info.

He's likely not completely immune. Karkadors role was immune to 2 night kills(in a game with way more players). Karkador was informed that he was attacked, but not by whom.

Sorian

Banned

It's my understanding that, traditionally, the serial killer role also comes with night immunity, sometimes just a few charges sometimes full immunity.

Nothing.

This is the reason for my gamble, collecting information as town is always a gamble, there's something here and we lose it if Blarg dies too early.

If the goal today is to kill someone not town alligned then no. I don't think we have a better option. Blargonaut is the only person we have any info on. The difference between 2 townies dying and 1 neutral, but there is undoubtedly benefit to wielding The Blargonaut. That said, with great power comes great responsibility. Does the cost outweigh the benefit?

I think it does, I really think this avenue is worth our time.

He doesn't need to make it to night 2 (also keep in mind, the cultists aren't going to waste time trying to kill him, he is heavily hinted to have immunity, to kill him night 2, maybe, they'd also have to waste their night 1 kill to really do it). I think we will learn a lot if he is alive during just one night phase.

Flame_AC

He doesn't need to make it to night 2 (also keep in mind, the cultists aren't going to waste time trying to kill him, he is heavily hinted to have immunity, to kill him night 2, maybe, they'd also have to waste their night 1 kill to really do it). I think we will learn a lot if he is alive during just one night phase.

Why do you think we will learn a lot if he survives Day and Night 1? Do you trust him enough to likely lose two Tourists instead of 1 third party and 1 tourist?

This post is worth revisiting in our current mindset.

It's a bit impenetrable, but don't be worried, I'm not leading you on a wild goose chase! The 3 pieces of info you may potentially find are 100%-verified. At this point, you can probably guess how. ;o

I'm about to name some people for things. However, note that my reasons behind selecting the following targets have no relation whatsoever to the info found in my puzzle:

• If there is a switcher role among you, I need you to switch me with Sorian during Night 1.
  • If there is an arsonist among you, I want you to douse Tucah.
  • If there is an investigator role among you, I need you to investigate Never Forever; if you're a 'suspicious activity' monitor, I need you to watch Darryl tonight.
  • Any doctor present needs to protect either OceanicAir or Matt Attack tonight.
  • If you're a cultist, I suggest killing RetroMG, ultron87 or Neuromancer.
I chose 6 of these 9 suggested targets at random; the remaining 3 were selected based on my own deductions from your discussions and posting behaviours. I'm not going to share my thoughts.

I don't want any of you to waste time discussing my suggestions. Honestly, don't waste your time. Just choose to do it tonight or not. A fully-faithful execution of my Night 1 plan will result in two dead townspeople. You'll get the information you need.

And finally, if I end up as the majority vote to lynch today or end up dead tonight, I want you to rename Barrylocke after me.

*shuts off slightly-barbequed HAM radio*

I don't know what to make of it. Again, as it usually is with Blarg, I have ideas but it's hard to nail anything down. Interesting that he's so sure of two night deaths.

I'm intrigued by the Blarg/Darryl connection. Darryl was going hard after anybody making a Blarg vote early on, and if the last page is anything to go by, Blarg clearly wants us associating the two of them.

It's entirely possible this will change by the end of the day, but pressure is good and the games are getting tiresome:

VOTE: Blargonaut

^And the rats come to feast as well?

How did I honestly expect "Unconditional Trust" from a pack of rodents? SHOO, OFF WITH YA.

It comes with being Lawful Evil :p

I'd be happy to concede to a Day 2 lynch, should I fail to deliver tonight. However, as I said before, my fingers would benefit from keeping me and our relationship alive as long as possible. Self-preservation is an animal instinct.

The more kills on Night 1, the better. The genetic pool is large enough to still be viable, cosmos willing, and Town gets the most intel possible. If I am what they say I am, I can provide these. This means my death would be worth less compared to an Ordinary Tourist's death, at the moment. This all means that the Town would lose more by offing me today.

Shieldbreaker roles exist as a thing in Mafia. A uniquely-tailored one? In this game, who knows? We're all special snowflakes. Alter my Night 1 plan, if you wish. Place a motion tracker on me instead of Darryl, if there's one among you. Apply your powers. Watch me move, and also see if someone attempts to visit me and test their luck. See if someone is capable of betting against Mr. House. I've made myself quite a juicy selection, after all. A steak-out opportunity that would be missed if I were to depart today.

An ordinary tourist most definitely can't provide any of you with any of these things. And who knows, I could happen upon a sleeping Cultist by chance. Slim chance, but it's there.

...and besides, I'm going to BBQ you in your tent before tomorrow morning anyway, so you really don't need to worry about any of this :3

Top Bottom