• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

nin1000

Banned
The cultists probably aren't the only ones immune to night kills.
Sorry what I wanted to say is that Blargonaut hinted that he can't be killed at night. I don't know what role he has, I just called him cultists because it was the first role that flew into my mind. I agree though that there an be several other roles that can't be killed via night actions.

Then I have to question your logic. Capitan is not eligible to still be playing this game come day 2. He has had actual full silence since the game has began so we can literally have no read on him.

On the other hand, Tucah did post during day 1. If he has not contacted Zatoth then he is perfectly within his rights to continue playing into day 2.

If we were to vote for Capitan, that would be a truly random pick, no read and a new player would be joining us in that role anyway. On the flip side, voting for Tucah is actually voting for someone who has posted during this day phase. Silence is a game mechanic too and a good cultist is going to help us as little as possible. Some do that by talking a lot and misdirecting, others do it by speaking very little and trying to stay "hidden" among the quiet ones. Tucah definitely falls in that second category, it might be a wrong read but it is not a random vote like your original post said.

I'm not trying to convince so much as trying to explain another side of the game to you that you may not have considered.
None of what you said is wrong necessarily, but you still haven't explained how Tucah is suspicious other than he hasn't posted in a while. I don't think we have any reason to think one or the other is more likely a cultist based on anything other than a gut feeling. So yes there are differences between the two but nothing strong enough to make me vote for one more than the other, or any other mostly or totally inactive player.

Zatoth

Tucah (8)
Flame_AC
Fireblend
Sorian
Never Forever
Coppanuva
RetroMG
Blargonaut
nin1000

Blargonaut (4)
Neuromancer
ultron87
Matt Attack
Timeaisis

Lone_Prodigy (2)
Rats Off To Ya
Darryl

Darryl (1)
Lone_Prodigy

13 votes are needed to end the day early.

Sorian

Banned
None of what you said is wrong necessarily, but you still haven't explained how Tucah is suspicious other than he hasn't posted in a while. I don't think we have any reason to think one or the other is more likely a cultist based on anything other than a gut feeling. So yes there are differences between the two but nothing strong enough to make me vote for one more than the other, or any other mostly or totally inactive player.

I'll just re-post this. Maybe you already read it but that's what I can offer because that is all of my thoughts on the matter. I didn't re-read the post just now so I don't know if I used specific names but that was an answer to a question of why Tucah over Prodigy.

So are people (other than Flame_AC) voting for Tucah because they really think he's a cultist, or just for sake of lynching someone on day one? I understand either way, just curious.

nin1000

Banned
So are people (other than Flame_AC) voting for Tucah because they really think he's a cultist, or just for sake of lynching someone on day one? I understand either way, just curious.

I think he is getting lynched more for being inactive than for seriously being suspicious.
Yes we have to lynch someone and he is the easiest bet right now.

Fireblend

Banned

I see him as a suspicious inactive player. I'd rather kill someone who has 15% chance of being a cultist and 85% chance of being a useless inactive tourist than someone who has 50% chance of being a cultist and 50% chance of being a wildcard with useful information that's most likely getting killed on day 2 anyway.

I think the case against Tucah is very weak, but it looks like that's the direction we're headed in. He hasn't been very useful so at the very least, even if he does flip Tourist we aren't losing too much. There are definitely worse lunches we could make.

Sorian

Banned
I'd rather kill someone who has 15% chance of being a cultist and 85% chance of being a useless inactive tourist than someone who has 50% chance of being a cultist and 50% chance of being a wildcard with useful information that's most likely getting killed on day 2 anyway.

This is probably the wording I should have used from the beginning.

For the sake of clarity, he is on my list of people that I think would be no great loss if they died today and from that list of 4, he is most likely to be cultist in my eyes.

I know that question was meant for others though but I don't think it hurts to re-state my own position.

I'm inclined to agree. I've read back through your assessments, and out of the lower tier Tucah is probably our best option. I'll give Blargonaut some time to get info, and in the meantime we can policy lynch inactivity. As it should be.

VOTE: Tucah

Coppanuva

My vote was initially because I want to see how Blargonaut plays out at least over the first night. He's provided some information about the state of the game, I want to see how reliable he is. If he's unreliable, he's target number 1 tomorrow for a lot of people in this thread and I'm ok with that. When I voted, he was also the top candidate by number of votes, I wanted to push that off of him so I added a vote to Tucah since the numbers made the most sense to ensure Blargonaut's survival.

t1438974000z0.png

Timeaisis

We're basically at the point where he is in a catch-22. If he stays silent (and he is playing) then we are forced into the shadow of doubt that he might be one of those looking to get replaced but a lot of us have accepted that as a possibility at this point and pushed through for the vote anyway. If he does show up to defend himself, what could he possibly say? Real life is always a good excuse but its going to come off as weak at this stage in the game and if he does post, that shadow of doubt that he wants to be replaced will be gone. Of course, lying is a game mechanic so Tucah could come in here to try and confuse us and say that he is bowing out of the game but I would hope that Zatoth would intervene if Tucah came in here and said he did want to be replaced when that is not his intention because that lie would fall outside of the rules of the game IMO.

Well, that's true. But he could at least try defending himself. Make an effort to show he's still in the game. Something.

I've decided to commit to Blarg. I understand the votes for Tucah, but I still think Blarg is far more dangerous right now, and I'm not convinced Tucah is a cultist.

Flame_AC

Flame_AC: Is too clean for my liking, waiting for me to slip up sometime soon. I've got my eyes on him. Verdict: Tourist

GreatCharleston: While I understand people's concerns about him, he seems to have gotten a little bit better, still needs to be watched though. Verdict: Tourist

Lone_Prodigy: Voted for me after I voted for him in a way which made me think he's overly defensive. I don't necessarily think he is a cultist, just not that helpful of a Tourist, though of course I'm sure and hope he can improve as the game goes on. Verdict: Tourist

Rats Off To Ya: We've had pretty similar thoughts on the game so far, you've made good posts with lots of decent reasoning behind it and are not staying in the background as many others are. Verdict: Tourist

Neuromancer: Overly defensive, but not much more than that, hasn't really brought anything new to the table. Verdict: Tourist

Fireblend: Similar to Rats off to Ya, you've been very thorough in your game playing and I strongly believe you to be a Tourist. Verdict: Tourist

Sorian: Very helpful in Day 1, remains to be seen how good he'll be on Day 2 and beyond. To me, you seem like a person who is trying to appear absolutely amazing and indispensable to the town. I think you are a Tourist for the moment, but that can easily change depending on how future days go. You're also on the side pushing for a Tucah vote, and while I understand your reasoning, think that Blarg is still the better choice. Verdict: Tourist

Capitan: N/A

Droplet: Had an early bout with NeverForever and has since played it safe for the most part. I think she's likely town but just collecting herself after a scrape with others. Verdict: Tourist

Never Forever: In the bout with Droplet, you made yourself seem more like a Cultist than anything else, in your later posts you have since stepped away from that Cultist line and are appearing to be more and more of a Tourist. Verdict: Tourist

OrangeYouGlad: Dunno, you got banned, but I think you were town based on who you mentioned in your posts. A cultist wouldn't do what you did. Verdict: Tourist

Ultron87: To be honest, I've somewhat skimmed over your posts and so other people's suspicion for you hasn't made the same mark on me, yet. Verdict: ???

MattAttack: Part of the Anti-Blarg party with me, he's made great posts and would be sad to see him go anytime soon. Very solid tourist read out of you. Verdict: Tourist

Tucah: Likely going to die very soon, more then likely a tourist, but half of the town valued Blarg more than you, sorry about that. Verdict: Tourist

Timeaisis: No real read on you, but I enjoy the posts you have made. You're not the most active person and stay around just enough to keep out of trouble. Verdict: Cultist

Darryl: Claimed the item and halted conversation about the lynch for awhile. I believe your claim on the item, I don't believe that you are a tourist however. Verdict: Third Party

LoC: You've been more invested in the Blarg puzzle junk, and for that reason alone I'd peg you as a Cultist. However, you've been relaying what you've deduced and so you're in the Tourist camp for now. Verdict: Tourist

Coppanuva: Inactive, got active when called out. Probably tourist, he had a good defense of himself. Verdict: Tourist

RetroMG: We've had our differences, including me voting for you. You've made good posts and have contributed to the town, however I'm still suspicious. Verdict: Cultist

OceanicAir: Not that many posts without much substance. Verdict: Cultist

Blarg: I was just fine lynching you and getting rid of a third party, lucky for you that half of the town wants to see where you lead them. Verdict: Third Party

Nin1000: You've skated by just under the radar for most of the game, hopefully that change on Day 2, otherwise you'll probably be lynched soon. Verdict: Tourist

Vylash: N/a

Enjoy, had to rush to put it together so sorry if it's a little bit of a jarring read. These are just my base thoughts for right now, Night 1 will probably change it all.

Sorian

Banned
I want to make it known that I was 100% the driving force that was behind this Tucah vote. I think it's easy to have forgotten that and it will be brought up later regardless of the results so I think I'm better off just putting that out there right now. Tucah probably would not have been our lynch target if I didn't speak up. I accept the full responsibility of what happens on this one.

ultron87

Haha, thanks for making me the single ??? on your list, Flame. Glad I'm such an enigma.

I'm going to stick with my vote on Blarg, even if it is a purely symbolic gesture at this point. My read on his behavior suggests he probably can't actually murder anyone at night, but apparently he doesn't have a reputation for acting like a normal player, so anything could happen. (This apparent wildcard nature is a large part of the reason I'd rather he wasn't around.) Without an active defense from Tucah it was a pretty tough fight. I guess I don't really mind a mostly policy lynch, even if I'd rather do something else first.

RetroMG

Flame_AC said:
RetroMG: We've had our differences, including me voting for you. You've made good posts and have contributed to the town,

Hey, thanks, man. I know we had a rough patch, but I'm glad we could work things-

however I'm still suspicious. Verdict: Cultist

...Oh.

All right, guess I'll have to keep on earning your trust.

Sorian

Banned
Btw and I'll say this again when we start day 2 but on the possibility I don't get the opportunity because I'm killed. Day 2 isn't rush Blarg to death ASAP. Day 2 should still go its full duration. The deaths of night 1 need to be analyzed, a possible investigator or suspicious activity detector may have found something and will be trying to hint to the group, the item needs to be re-visited, Blarg will do shenanigans, I'm sure. Discuss all of these things. We can still end at the same result but getting there too quickly is just playing into cultist hands.

RetroMG

Btw and I'll say this again when we start day 2 but on the possibility I don't get the opportunity because I'm killed. Day 2 isn't rush Blarg to death ASAP. Day 2 should still go its full duration. The deaths of night 1 need to be analyzed, a possible investigator or suspicious activity detector may have found something and will be trying to hint to the group, the item needs to be re-visited, Blarg will do shenanigans, I'm sure. Discuss all of these things. We can still end at the same result but getting there too quickly is just playing into cultist hands.

Yes. The agreement with Flame_AC as I understood it was that if Blarg's survival doesn't give us information tomorrow, he's gone. We need to thoroughly weigh that before we make our move.

Sorian

Banned
And for the love of god, for any investigator or similar info gathering role, don't out yourself as having super important information on day 2. If you play as a good townie, the odds are in your favor that you make it into day 3 and even day 4. Don't give yourself away too early, gather as much intel as you can each night. You'll probably be forced to role claim later on, that's when you can directly give us advice. Until then, guide us, push us onto the right track. Use common sense as Crab would say. Your goal is to get as much info to town as possible while delaying your own death and making sure that your info doesn't go to the grave with you. It's a fine line but your job is to make it work.

Fireblend

Banned
Fireblend: Similar to Rats off to Ya, you've been very thorough in your game playing and I strongly believe you to be a Tourist. Verdict: Tourist

Finally someone has an opinion of me other than being some nebulous indecipherable entity! Thanks, and for the record I think today I'd put you in the top 3 biggest pro-tourist contributors easily.

I have much to learn, but I hope I can make a stronger impression on others tomorrow with whatever new info we're provided. As I said I'm out of my element in situations with such a lack of information, and in fact maybe that explains my defense of Blarg a bit - I think this move will yield the biggest amount of information for us to work with next.

KHoDrLw.gif

Ugh.

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

Don't make me regret this, Blarg.

ztJeiIf.gif

Feels like we're close enough to start solidifying our votes.

I'd already said in a previous post that between Lone_Prodigy and Tucah it was pretty much a toss-up for me, and I think the fact that LP has posted more and at least made efforts to shake off suspicion (even though he's still not great at it) makes me think that Tucah might be a better target, specially if he's still in the game, which I now think he may be thanks to Sorian's post.

UNVOTE: OceanicAir

Hopefully the current Lone_Prodigy voters will switch to Tucah instead. As an argument for that I offer my previous post, linked above. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to switch to LP in order to save Blarg... We'll see what happens.

He was the Mafia's first night kill.

But still, you make a good point.

Vote: Tucah

Since it's only 3 hours left to end the day and I will only be on mobile since then, I will have to cast a vote. My vote would either go for Blargonaut or Tucah.
But since I hope we will get some info from Blargonaut the coming day it will be Tucah who gets my vote today.

The reason? For today I will trust Blargonaut

l0is3ZF.gif

That's my plan. I'd rather see if he seems to be correct so far then decide what to do. We're early enough that it won't hurt. I think keeping blargonaut alive for the first day will at the very least give us a bit more information than lynching him will. So, in order to help swing the vote away from that in terms of numbers I'm adding a vote to the next highest person.

UNVOTE: Blargonaut

I'll go with everybody, everyone had best keep their word tomorrow should I or someone else active die. Blarg goes barring something miraculous and gamechanging.

I'm not flopping anywhere. You brought this on yourself. Putting my name in that puzzle was completely unnecessary, I read every post anyway, and has been tarnishing my name ever since.

I'm done though. Prove my fears are wrong. Make yourself useful.

UNVOTE: Blargonaut

I'm inclined to agree. I've read back through your assessments, and out of the lower tier Tucah is probably our best option. I'll give Blargonaut some time to get info, and in the meantime we can policy lynch inactivity. As it should be.

gnNGoen.gif

Blarg, do you think that you being alive tonight will yield additional information for town?

Again, the answer to this question is either "yes" or "no"

Let's give it up to the band!

nin1000

Banned
blarg, i salute you for knowing and using a gif from one of the best movies out there.
Kung Fu Hustle. I love that damn scene

RetroMG

Also on the topic of friends - Whether you are Town or Mafia, you want people to like you. It's a shield if you are town, and an invisibility cloak if you are mafia.

RetroMG

Just a programming note: I'm heading out shortly to catch a movie with my wife. I'll try to keep an eye on the thread up until close of day, but I'll be pretty quiet.

I want to make it known that I was 100% the driving force that was behind this Tucah vote. I think it's easy to have forgotten that and it will be brought up later regardless of the results so I think I'm better off just putting that out there right now. Tucah probably would not have been our lynch target if I didn't speak up. I accept the full responsibility of what happens on this one.

You die tomorrow, I urge you to make the best of the time you have.

Zpv03n1.png

Droplet

Oh, we're all unvoting Blarg now? Great! I'll even withdraw my "in spirit" vote for you.

I wanna see some fucking receipts Blarg.

I'm uneasy that Tucah might turn out to have a great power role and a replacement would have easily taken over his shoes because he's made so few posts. Not like it particularly matters at this point.

And anyway, not like we could possibly be worse than the Archer mafia!

Sorian

Banned
Oh, we're all unvoting Blarg now? Great! I'll even withdraw my "in spirit" vote for you.

I wanna see some fucking receipts Blarg.

I'm uneasy that Tucah might turn out to have a great power role and a replacement would have easily taken over his shoes because he's made so few posts. Not like it particularly matters at this point.

And anyway, not like we could possibly be worse than the Archer mafia!

"You have lynched the super alpha omega tourist. Each night this tourist could have investigated up to 3 players while also wielding their magical powers to make a guaranteed cult kill. GG, you suck"

Goodbye Tucah
And it seems to me that you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling too
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to have known you
But you wouldn't let us in
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did

Sorian

Banned
Goodbye Tucah
When the rain set in
Your legend ever did

Does everyone get a eulogy when they die?

Fireblend

Banned
RIP Tucah. I wish you'd at least tried to defend yourself.

May your freed soul find salvation away from the madness of this cursed island.

Goodbye Tucah
When the rain set in
Your legend ever did

Promise me when it's my time that you'll sing for me too. I'd like to request Fire and Rain by James Taylor.

Coppanuva

"You have lynched the super alpha omega tourist. Each night this tourist could have investigated up to 3 players while also wielding their magical powers to make a guaranteed cult kill. GG, you suck"
If tucah comes to make a defense I hope this is it.

Also blargonaut that gif post is creeping me out... I got a bad feeling.

Top Bottom