• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC Performance Thread

NIN90

If by smooth you mean jerking from one spot to another in a fraction of a second, yeah.

I've already seen a PS4 stream with a guy playing on high sensitivity, and it's possible to move very quickly on the console version too, but just not insane levels seen from a kb/m.

The problem here is that you are watching people play with stupidly high mouse sensitivity. Lower sensitivity leads to smooth aiming while still providing quick turns.

MarkV

It absolutely does, if you play games with a controller you're used to very slowly moving your view around with a stick and locking on to jerk yourself around. With a mouse you can very quickly, and smoothly go from one point to another in less than a second. Would look twitchy for someone not used to it.

209650_2014-11-02_0007gurb.png

Maybe it is just the depth of field, but the cutscenes are such a step up from the rest of the game. I don't think it is though, look at the detail in Spacey's Jacket or your roboarm. That sort of stuff just doesn't seem to pop up in the actual gameplay, I don't know.

Edit: I realize the last paragraph above makes no sense, and I apologize :p
That cutscene must look insane.

Wow, I'm impressed. I gave up on cod for PC, but it looks like sledge hammer actually cared. Super cool. Perhaps I'll end up getting it for PC too.

LowParry

THere's some weird texture issues going on with the PC version. Maybe it's just the map but ehhhh, weird. This is MP btw.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The problem here is that you are watching people play with stupidly high mouse sensitivity. Lower sensitivity leads to smooth aiming while still providing quick turns.
If you lower your sensitivity you just use a bigger mousepad to make up the difference. In fact, that's how the pros roll in arena shooters. You're still slinging the crosshair at the same ludicrous speed.

I would like to purchase a retail version of COD: Advanced Warfare for my Surface Pro 3 and because it has no internal DVD-Drive I need to know if I can play the game when I am on the road with my Surface Pro 3 without the CD. I would install the game with an external USB DVD-Drive which I don't want to take always with me when I am on the road with the Surface Pro 3 ;) Is this possible or is the CD always required? Thanks :)

I would like to purchase a retail version of COD: Advanced Warfare for my Surface Pro 3 and because it has no internal DVD-Drive I need to know if I can play the game when I am on the road with my Surface Pro 3 without the CD. I would install the game with an external USB DVD-Drive which I don't want to take always with me when I am on the road with the Surface Pro 3 ;) Is this possible or is the CD always required? Thanks :)
You won't even need the external disk drive, it's a steamworks game so you can just just input the included "cd" key into steam and it'll unlock it for permanent download.

NIN90

If you lower your sensitivity you just use a bigger mousepad to make up the difference. In fact, that's how the pros roll in arena shooters. You're still slinging the crosshair at the same ludicrous speed.

That's exactly what I do. Whenever I spectate in CS:GO, I can see someone with high sensitivity from a mile away because their crosshair jumps all over the place since they have a hard time doing fine aiming.

Anyway, hope my i5 and 660 Ti can run this at 60+ FPS.

Turn off shadow/sun caching. Completely busted settings.

Cutscenes definitely have some kind of high quality motion blur aside from the depth of field added though. IQ also improves quite a bit.

LowParry

Here's a screenshot. Muddy textures and blah. I have everything set to the max setting except for Screen Space Ambient Occlusion set to Normal, and Supersampling Off.
I'm rolling with a 7950 3 GIG card and 3750 OC to 4.3. I really don't remember MP looking this bad. What gives?

Lulubop

Here's a screenshot. Muddy textures and blah. I have everything set to the max setting except for Screen Space Ambient Occlusion set to Normal, and Supersampling Off.
I'm rolling with a 7950 3 GIG card and 3750 OC to 4.3. I really don't remember MP looking this bad. What gives?

read the post above.

LowParry

Woah wait what the hell? I went for the optimal option and now shit looks damn awesome. Yo..........

Edit: Cool guys. Thanks. I love you GAF!

You won't even need the external disk drive, it's a steamworks game so you can just just input the included "cd" key into steam and it'll unlock it for permanent download.

Thanks :) But I still would like to know if this would work because I prefer retail copys, I need something in my hand for my money ;) If it won't work without the CD when I am on the road with the Surface Pro 3 then I will purchase the Steam version of COD: Advanced Warfare ;)

Cutebrute

I know that the 760 is listed as the recommend spec, but can anyone say how the game runs on a card of that power? I have one 4gb 760 in my rig.

I have the game pre-ordered for Xbox One, but I might change that if the performance is good enough.

SillyJoe

Thanks :) But I still would like to know if this would work because I prefer retail copys, I need something in my hand for my money ;) If it won't work without the CD when I am on the road with the Surface Pro 3 then I will purchase the Steam version of COD: Advanced Warfare ;)
I'm telling you that the code that comes with the DVD copy will give you the steam version. It's a steamworks game, it will never use the DVD outside of the install. If you want you don't even have to use the DVDs.

Stitch

Gold Member
Ghosts had a FOV setting after a few patches but only for MP and it only went up to 80.
It's the same in Advanced Warfare.

I'm telling you that the code that comes with the CD copy will give you the steam version. It's a steamworks game, it will never use the CD outside of the install. If you want you don't even have to use the CDs.

I'm really sorry I understood you wrong! If I understand you right I can purchase a retail copy of COD: Advanced Warfare and with the Serial which comes with the game is it possible to download also the Steam version of COD: Advanced Warfare? And if this is true does this work with all retail copys, even with the retail copys of COD: Advanced Warfare here in germany? Thanks :)

If they don't want to use a new engine they should at least use tessellation for the environment to make it look less blocky.

http://abload.de/img/209650_2014-11-02_000ntuuz.png

This looks like a Q3 Mod

Yeah, that part looked pretty poor. In general it looks really good but at times the lighting is incredibly flat and takes away from the good work done elsewhere. Weird!

The cutscenes look much better than the actual gameplay, not sure if it's just the use of depth of field or better lighting quality in them. They are real-time at least.

60 fps on consoles, there are sacrifices to be made.

I'm really sorry I understood you wrong! If I understand you right I can purchase a retail copy of COD: Advanced Warfare and with the Serial which comes with the game is it possible to download also the Steam version of COD: Advanced Warfare? And if this is true does this work with all retail copys, even with the retail copys of COD: Advanced Warfare here in germany? Thanks :)
Yep! All versions of the PC version use steam as a base. You have to use it to play.

For example, I bought Rage back when it came out at retail and serial code for the retail PC copy unlocked the game without even putting the CD in. Although of course I ended up using them to install it.

Gaogaogao

looks like greater than ghosts but less than bo2. im craving a new cod enough that this might be ok.

90 fps cap is weird. was 200 in bo2.
bo2 has actual dedicated servers, not listen servers and sometimes almost dedicated servers.

Yep! All versions of the PC version use steam as a base. You have to use it to play.

For example, I bought Rage back when it came out at retail and serial code for the retail PC copy unlocked the game without even putting the CD in. Although of course I ended up using them to install it.

This is awesome :) Now I will purchase the retail copy of COD: Advanced Warfare and then I will install the game with the Serial on Steam. I can't wait to play COD: Advanced Warfare on the road with my Surface Pro 3. Thanks :)

maneil99

This is awesome :) Now I will purchase the retail copy of COD: Advanced Warfare and then I will install the game with the Serial on Steam. I can't wait to play COD: Advanced Warfare on the road with my Surface Pro 3. Thanks :)

Theres no way your surface meets the requirements

maneil99

Best part of this game is your teammates cannot block your movement, that always sucked at the start of rounds and felt shitty

Theres no way your surface meets the requirements

It's okay with me when I can not play on the highest graphical level, most important for me is that I can play COD: Advanced Warfare while I am on the road ;) My Surface Pro 3 has an Intel i7 with 8GB RAM, hope it's enough to play COD: Advanced Warefare ;)

brennok

Neo Member
Since it has been years since I played COD, how does the shooting feel as compared to say Titanfall? I realize they are many of the previous COD developers, but wasn't sure if it felt better or worse in CODAW.

Cutebrute

It's okay with me when I can not play on the highest graphical level, most important for me is that I can play COD: Advanced Warfare while I am on the road ;) My Surface Pro 3 has an Intel i7 with 8GB RAM, hope it's enough to play COD: Advanced Warefare ;)

And what about the GPU? Integrated solutions aren't going to cut it.

Top Bottom