• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC Performance Thread

So if I run with Vsync off I get consistent framerates in excess of 100 fps but massive screen tearing. But if I turn on Vsync I get a consistent fluctuations between 50-60 fps.

If I can get over 100 fps with Vsync off shouldn't it be locked 60 with it on?

Hearing good things of the PC port so far. Though I'm still kinda worried about how it'll perform on my 770.

I still kinda hope it goes on a free weekend or something so I can get a hands on idea with how it'll run. For now I think I'll stick to the PS4 version.

Hearing good things of the PC port so far. Though I'm still kinda worried about how it'll perform on my 770.

I still kinda hope it goes on a free weekend or something so I can get a hands on idea with how it'll run. For now I think I'll stick to the PS4 version.
ibrOPT0vEsyXiu.gif

Naedtrax

Banned
^lol

On a side note, started to get qued up with not so ideal ping people.. rubber banding and double reloading is abit annoying.

bro1

Banned
Any reports on 4k benchmarks? I've been playing the single player campaign of BLOPS 2 and the FPS are great outside of some of the subpar texture work.

Momentary

Banned

I chuckled reading the second part of this.

Qassim

It's kind of weird that you can rely on at least 2 or 3 people to come into a PC performance thread, with their mind already set on getting the console version, asking about performance on a particular GPU.

TheTurboFD

Anyone with a GTX 780 having stutter problems? I can't seem to figure out what it is. Every couple of seconds my GPU usage drops to like 17% and then it shoots back up to 99%. I'm easily getting over 100fps but the stuttering is killing me.

UnrealEck

It's kind of weird that you can rely on at least 2 or 3 people to come into a PC performance thread, with their mind already set on getting the console version, asking about performance on a particular GPU.

Seeing people who own a GTX 670, 770 and 780 Ti going with the PS4 version after performance concerns puzzles me. Maybe some people just buy PCs without really knowing much about them at all I guess. It just seems a bit weird to me though.

Anyone with a GTX 780 having stutter problems? I can't seem to figure out what it is. Every couple of seconds my GPU usage drops to like 17% and then it shoots back up to 99%. I'm easily getting over 100fps but the stuttering is killing me.

AFAIK it may be your main memory (RAM). How much do you have? If 6GB or less, turn off the cache options in the menu.

I saw a stream of a guy playing on a 770. It ran fine.

Seeing people who own a GTX 670, 770 and 780 Ti going with the PS4 version after performance concerns puzzles me. Maybe some people just buy PCs without really knowing much about them at all I guess. It just seems a bit weird to me though.

AFAIK it may be your main memory (RAM). How much do you have? If 6GB or less, turn off the cache options in the menu.

Since the PC version seems solid my biggest concern would be the longevity of the game. Don't want to come back in a couple months and most of the playlists are dead.

The Cowboy

So, anyone running it on GTX580 level stuff (1.5gb vram etc)?, On my GTX480 superclocked system I've been able to beat or at least match the performance/visuals of PS4 versions of ports (bar Watch Dogs and its stutter mess of course) - just wondering if anyone running GTX580ish cards are getting visuals/performance matching/beating the PS4 footage.

Looks decent enough, but I'm not gonna buy it unless I'm likely get what the PS4 looks/runs like.

Qassim

Since the PC version seems solid my biggest concern would be the longevity of the game. Don't want to come back in a couple months and most of the playlists are dead.

Then that's an entirely separate concern from the performance. Surely the performance is irrelevant at that point, you've already made your mind up on the console version.

Then that's an entirely separate concern from the performance. Surely the performance is irrelevant at that point, you've already made your mind up on the console version.

Who me? Nope. I'm not sure I'll be picking up this game at all anytime soon. Mostly because WoD is coming out soon and that is all I'll be playing

The Cowboy

I think its making fun of those posts that always seem to popup in PC performance asking things like "can my top tier super specced graphics card run this game?: - they always seem to show up. Either that, or its just making fun of those with decent PCs picking the console versions.

With regards to the texture issue, how much VRAM + what setting do you have for textures in the game (manually set or "Automatic") ?

With Ghosts, on my 760 2GB, with textures set to automatic, it would look just like the piss poor texture shot people have been posting, but I selected Extra textures manually, it looked good (bit stuttery though ... and the textures might take a few seconds to stream in). I then replaced the 760 with a 4GB model, set it back to automatic, and the game shown all textures high res very quickly with no stutter (in SP anyway). I wonder if this is doing something similar ?

TheTurboFD

I have 8GB :p

maneil99

Going with the consolen version is understandable. The MP portions are normally 10x+ the PC. I have both so yay

So I'm running this 91FPS locked at all times, maxed settings@1080P resolution, on the following system:

I7 5820K@4.3GHZ
16GB DDR4@2133MHZ
G1 GTX 970 SLI
Windows 8.1

I do have one problem, stutter and I finally know why, Vram is maxed out, so I get slight stutter which drops my FPS to 86-88 and then back to normal.

Anyone know of a setting which I can disable that will get me in the green as far as Vram goes but not drasticly effect image quality?

Naedtrax

Banned
Hosting migration seems to be an odd issue, 1 out of 3-4 games it will hang up on the loading screen and you'll have to wait for it to time out in order to get back to the lobby.

Kind of annoying, especially to the people who are still viewing the stream lol.

10 hours and still going, also to the people who watched my stream, i'll be giving away a copy of Bioshock 1 and Killing Floor for Steam in 1 hour 7 minutes.

www.twitch.tv/naedtrax

Currently level 40

GReeeeN

I would like to purchase a retail version of COD: Advanced Warfare for my Surface Pro 3 and because it has no internal DVD-Drive I need to know if I can play the game when I am on the road with my Surface Pro 3 without the CD. I would install the game with an external USB DVD-Drive which I don't want to take always with me when I am on the road with the Surface Pro 3 ;) Is this possible or is the CD always required? Thanks :)

There hasn't been a pc game that required a disk to play in around 8-10 years...

Fractal

Banned
So... is a 780 Ti enough to max out the game (with SMAA) at 1440p while maintaining stable 60 FPS most of the time?

Running amazingly well on my 750m. Had to compromise some settings obviously, but it looks decent enough. Pretty excited to see what it looks like on my 970 when the download finishes.

Top Bottom