• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC Performance Thread

darthbob

I'm only playing the campaign so far but mouse movement doesn't feel right. It feels super stuttery or like it will jump across the screen while panning on its own. I don't know if it's the game or my mouse is acting up but it's like you slowly move for a headshot and the cursor bounces passed the enemy.

I also had to turn down many settings due to stutter. I'm playing with a i7 4770k @4GHz and a 780Ti

Feels like this for me as well. I tried using a controller but the issue seems to persist. :/

kudoboi

the game still isn't released in Asia. Apparently it affects everyone in Asia according to steam forums. It has been like 6 hours since the stated release time

z2PpX6Y.png

RPci9fb.png

Is there borderless windowed mode? I think I'll grab this after I've finished Shadow of Mordor based on most of the impressions in this thread.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Why are people saying it's a port?

Protip: Everything is a port nowadays.

I guess everyone forgot about what ports actually are. Rewind to the early 90s and check out any number of games released for the Amiga, DOS, NES, and Master System at once. THOSE were ports!

Orayn

That was an oversight, my bad. Correction - it's been a console game pretty much since CoD4 blew up.

It's waffled quite a bit, and it mostly depends on the developer. Infinity Ward's PC versions have been questionable from MW2 onwards, Treyarch's have generally been a lot better, and it seems like Sledgehammer is giving PC the proper level of attention as well.

Besides, PC and the new consoles are similar enough that there's not much to be gained from figuring out which one is the "port," absent any major technical problems.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I would never only buy a CoD on PC, I have a 780 Ti and I am buying the PC for SP and PS4 for MP, the gap between MP populations will be huge. Many playlists for PC will be literally dead vs PS4.

The fact you are too dumb to read the thread which explains why mutliple times is hilarious.

The fact that you think I didn't already do that is hilarious, but thanks for insulting me for absolutely no reason.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Holy shit, locked 60 at 1620p on my 970 throughout theopening level. This is a world of difference from Ghosts and I think the gameplay looks a lot better. There is zero aliasing with cinematic SMAA T2X and the DSR downsampling.

nikos

Really surprised at how well this game runs on my aging PC. I'm over 30fps on high settings with a 5850. Does multiplayer generally run better or worse than the campaign mode? Hoping it runs better but I haven't tried yet, and fiddling with settings during MP is a nightmare.

It's kind of weird that you can rely on at least 2 or 3 people to come into a PC performance thread, with their mind already set on getting the console version, asking about performance on a particular GPU.

I don't really blame them. Many of them were probably longtime console gamers that bought a PC late into the last gen. They've heard so many times that a console will outperform a similarly-speced PC by like 2x because of an optimized metal robot Carmack or something, so they believe it. I think the PC community is doing a very good job dispelling those myths.

Luftwaffle

Neo Member
I can't even run the game. Unlocked for me about 30 minutes ago and was unpacking till then. As soon as I run the game, my entire PC starts to lag and it takes like 5 minutes just to ctrl+alt+del and end the game. What the hell?

Specs:

i5-4670k
GTX 760
8 GB ram

This is for multiplayer so far..will try SP now..

zonezeus

Can't even run it, it just shows me the "DirectX error. Check the readme file." prompt and won't even start, any suggestions? My rig:

i5-4670k
GTX 770 4GB
8 GB RAM

Nvidia drivers and DirectX are up to date, it's the first time I even had such a problem :/

Intro cutscene is stuttering like a cunt.

Is this a known issue?

I disabled the shadow caches and such but they should have no impact on cinematics anyway.

Disable the shader preloads as well.

Ye gods.

I always wonder how stuff like this makes it past QA.

Edit:

Wait wut, turned the preloads off, turned the sun cache shit off, and I'm still getting hitching and stuttering. Like it goes High framerate -> Sudden total lockup for half a second -> high framerate again.

It even happens when I'm in the pause menu! Then two minutes into the level, it's totally unplayable, pausing for seconds at a time every 2-3 seconds.

Buburibon

Is this a known issue?

I disabled the shadow caches and such but they should have no impact on cinematics anyway.

I get audio and video stutter during cinematics when both fullscreen and vsync are enabled. Borderless window fixes the stutter at the cost of not being able to downsample.

By the way, COD: Ghosts (still) has the exact same problem. For some reason it was never patched.

Phinor

Is the Day Zero edition the only one unlockable right now, or all of them?

Day Zero is the only one unlocked right now. Retail non-day zero copies are still locked and will presumably remain locked for a day or so although some people are seeing November 13 as the release day now.

The most important question of them all.

How is the mouse aim ? Ghosts somehow made it feel a bit duff, nothing lie the razor sharp quickness of previous CoD's.

neopheX

Neo Member
I really should have researched this before I bought AW and this was stupidity on my behalf... ONLY 91FPS lock STILL for online?? Seriously? da fk?

It runs like absolute ass on my 144hz screen and it's the reason i never played ghost.

Is there a config or .ini file that can be edited guys?

Hip Hop

I really should have researched this before I bought AW and this was stupidity on my behalf... ONLY 91FPS lock STILL for online?? Seriously? da fk?

It runs like absolute ass on my 144hz screen and it's the reason i never played ghost.

Is there a config or .ini file that can be edited guys?

Yeah, one of the reasons why I will hold off on getting it for PC.

MW2, MW3, Ghosts, and now this game are using that locked frames. They look like garbage on a 144hz monitor. All other COD games can be unlocked and it's not a problem at all.

ISee

Is this a known issue?

Sorry as I have no idea atm but are the cinematics pre rendered movies? If so something could be wrong with your hard drive. Can you 'move' or install the game to a different hdd just for testing?

EDIT:
It even happens when I'm in the pause menu! Then two minutes into the level, it's totally unplayable, pausing for seconds at a time every 2-3 seconds.

Ok that's strange, there should be no loading from your hdd in the pause menu... so forget ehat I said.

neopheX

Neo Member
Yeah, one of the reasons why I will hold off on getting it for PC.

MW2, MW3, Ghosts, and now this game are using that locked frames. They look like garbage on a 144hz monitor. All other COD games can be unlocked and it's not a problem at all.

Mate i know.. And im not a massive COD fan to be honest but I do enjoy the MP on the odd occasion (key word enjoy) and BO2 was great fun and put more time into it then I thought i would. And i had a smooth 120fps at the time when i had a 120hz monitor and was great.

This one.. Dunno.. All i do know is they better well unlock the framerate. We are in 2015 nearly this should not be a problem......

Jin

Playing at 1440p, vsync on with aa off and it uses up all my 4GB Vram on my 980 at max setting. Yikes. Framerate seem good - 50-60ish. Nvidia/AMD 8GB cards can't come soon enough.

Please tell me I am doing something wrong here and the game doesn't actually looks this shitty... I've checked settings and everything is at max.

WTF is this shit?

L8W6xvOl.jpg

YZsuudDl.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's possible that the engine caches VRAM.

Yeah, this is my take on it. Despite what I said earlier I figured I'd give the game a shot since I already had it installed and although Afterburner reported 2037MB memory usage (1680x1050, max settings aside from AA) my ~15-minute session was largely stutter-free.

Edit: I have a pair of 2GB 670s.

Morzak

Please tell me I am doing something wrong here and the game doesn't actually looks this shitty... I've checked settings and everything is at max.

WTF is this shit?

L8W6xvOl.jpg

YZsuudDl.jpg

Turn off both shadow cache settings., the setting seems to be completely bugged, leads to textures not loading correctly. After that the Textures should load just fine.

Is there anyway to use a frame-limiter in MP? because 91 one is not a good number for my 120 hz monitor......

I'm also having an Issue that the lip syncing in Cut scenes seems to be off, sometimes its more then a second, which is really annoying. Also the game seems to have bugged out on me on Mission 7 a "press Button to open" Event won't trigger....

Top Bottom