• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Nov 4th) [Up: Info]

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Doesn't seem like anything groundbreaking, but I guess that's not why people buy these games. I'll probably pass.

Ryuuga

Banned
COD: Theoretical Slight Postmodern Warfare

I haven't been interested in CoD since MW2 because it was the same formula. Now though? Omg Kevin Spacey and hoverbikes! Need I say more?

Trailer looks good. I just bet it does not look like that in game on the final product. Can't believe they still holding on to last gen. Hope I am wrong though and it turns out amazing.
Makes sense to consider last gen since it a has higher install base. Also i can see this reveal and demoed at MS E3Press event.

Majority of them are trash.
But i am a Singler Player person, and it has intrigued me with Kevin Spaceys acting in that trailer. So Call of Duty is back on my watch list. Sadly though after the once playthrough (depending of), it'll be trading in.

oh
and could give a rats about Cod multi, that's more lifeless than the Single Player experience. LOL... Once upon a time though, when it was good. COD2/3

I'm the same, I play them for the single player, only just got around to finishing Ghosts, won't touch the multiplayer though.

jaaz

I love Spacey, but those lines he was delivering were cringe worthy. He's clearly having fun and laughing all the way to the bank (don't blame him).

Instead of going back to WWI/II and perhaps redeeming itself, CoD gets even more dumbed down with what might just be the most ridiculous story in it's history. This may even top BLOPS.

(I'm clearly not their target market)

I've ended up enjoying most if the CoD campaigns for being pretty dumb, mindless, and entertaining. So I'll probably play and enjoy this, having Kevin Spacey be in it as the villain is fantastic.

x-Lundz-x

I'm confused by this story trailer. Do people still give a shit about single-player in Call of Duty games?

Of course, myself and all my friends.

I think you would be surprised, despite the common notion that people only buy CoD games to play MP it's not the truth.

I love Spacey, but those lines he was delivering were cringe worthy. He's clearly having fun and laughing all the way to the bank (don't blame him).

Instead of going back to WWI/II and perhaps redeeming itself, CoD gets even more dumbed down with what might just be the most ridiculous story in it's history. This may even top BLOPS.

(I'm clearly not their target market)

I wouldn't be there target if they went world war

Maybe one of th me other 2 will do it to capture both

If they look at sales though I'm guessing future wins rather than world war

Jaeger

Spacey is the man. Going forward (because "Modern" Warfare has been done to death) is a smart move. They have been straddling that one for awhile, anyway now with the Black Ops games.

There seems to be at least two different exoskeletons. The less armored, Elysium styled ones. And the full on that looks like Idris Elba Metal Gear Solid Ninja exoskeletons. I hope we get just as much action from the latter, and not a quick one level "super elite black project level" and then we get regular suits (or no suits) the rest of the game.

I'm confused by this story trailer. Do people still give a shit about single-player in Call of Duty games?
Yup story is what makes me buy

Only got titan fall because of lack of next gen multiplayer

Titan fall 2 will need a story for me to buy

Apdiddy

Got a Killzone: Shadowfall vibe from the trailer honestly. If it were Xbox One/PS4 only, that would have been a lot better.

BPoole

It is quite puzzling. CoD campaigns are the embodiment of everything wrong with FPS campaigns: Heavily scripted, linear, short, nonsensical, horrible AI, glorified shooting galleries, can't open doors on your own, etc, etc.

Its just sad that Activision can just throw money at a celebrity and we see so many people sold on the game based purely on that. It's so shallow.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I think the better question would be do people give shit about SP campaigns in BF? Beause those are damn awful. COD has pretty good campaigns generally

Hip Hop

oh
and could give a rats about Cod multi, that's more lifeless than the Single Player experience. LOL... Once upon a time though, when it was good. COD2/3

That's before the multiplaye got good.

It's like how a friend says GTA went downhill after GTA 2. And Zelda peaked in Link To The Past.

Edit: Seeing all these posts, like people are scared of the MP. I don't know how one can fore go this. It's like getting half the experience. Why so reluctant?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
After watching the full trailer it is less graphically impressive than I was initially led to believe. Still an upgrade over Ghosts and Titanfall though.

Really would like to see a current gen only COD.

Kade

It's bcuz the XBone is so waek that it can t even sapport captur!! Waka waka!

God, I hate it's become e-cool to hate on the Xbox One these days.

My issue with the post is the lack of a pun! He was so blinded by his hate for the Xbox that he forgot a pun! He said there would be a pun!!!!!

-PXG-

Got a Killzone: Shadowfall vibe from the trailer honestly. If it were Xbox One/PS4 only, that would have been a lot better.

Me too. The angular designs of the armor and weaponry I suppose. Motion blur and DOF too. It looks really good. I'm really shocked. Plus, it WILL be 60 fps too.

I'm actually excited.

On a second watch the graphics are not amazing but still pretty good. Will be nice when they finally ditch last gen. Still looks better than the dog game released last year and has some cool new game mechanics. Could be good, will wait for a verdict though.

artist

Banned
Do we have any rumors/hints if this is based on a new (which?) engine?

I dont know but it's hard to get impressed from the 1-2 sec flashes of actual gameplay.

x-Lundz-x

Do we have any rumors/hints if this is based on a new (which?) engine?

I dont know but it's hard to get impressed from the 1-2 sec flashes of actual gameplay.

Since it's cross gen, I am 99.999999% sure it's still using a new version of the "Call of Duty" engine. Same as always.

I need some direct feed footage, preferably from the PS4 before making judgement on how good or not good the game looks.

Metfanant

We are looking for that, obviously, but so far nothing anywhere.

well, considering that the game was not supposed to be unveiled until Sunday...i would imagine that is when better quality stuff will start to pop up

I need some direct feed footage, preferably from the PS4 before making judgement on how good or not good the game looks.

good luck...MS is gonna money hat HARD to keep that version under wraps as long as possible...

Hanmik

25.9% of Playstation players have gotten the gold trophy awarded for completing singleplayer..

so very much YES..!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The US Navy already do. They have shot down several test drones traveling at 300mph with nothing but lasers.

yeah i think to shoot down fast moving objects (drones, missiles, whatever)

but for slower moving targets, i don't think they ever will. it's easier to do damage by accelerating mass to high speed than it is to project energy.

My issue with the post is the lack of a pun! He was so blinded by his hate for the Xbox that he forgot a pun! He said there would be a pun!!!!!

THIS LACK OF PUNNERY IS BRINGING DOWN AMERICA! AHhHHHhh...

With that said, I haven't played a CoD since MW3 (actually I've only played the Modern Warfare ones since CoD4, now that I think about it) and this one looks interesting enough to keep on the radar.

Especially considering that I like playing Titanfall more without using a mech, this seems to be just that (based on the trailer, at least).

CozMick

Banned
Activision really are holding onto last gen, shoddy ports to current gen and striking an exclusivity deal with a brand in which is being outsold 2:1.

Xbox 360 ftw.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
i tend to find it lessens the impact of the new "future warfare" sub title when the guns and gameplay all feel like the "modern warfare" titles. but then i like futuristic to be more sci-fi, not just 20 years from now. i want to see the fictional ideas people have of a time we won't live to see. if it's an AK47 in everything but name...i see no point.

Still hoping for a proper "Future Warfare" game at some point from anyone. I want some laser guns, or just some futuristic weapons that as you said aren't just what we have now with a different model and name. Give me battles on spaceships, between space ships, space stations, moon...space? Space space? anything really.

baconcow

Not into this cross-gen crap. Always results in a watered-down next-gen experience. Also, not digging the trailer which has next to no real gameplay (if any at all). I enjoyed singleplayer and OPs from MW1 and MW2. Ops in MW3 was also descent.

Top Bottom