• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Nov 4th) [Up: Info]

Alienous

Crazy idea that came to my head...

Imagine that multiplayer everyone will have exoskeleton and it will be divided in 3 parts, head/visor/helmet whatever they call it, upper or torso exoskeleton (arms,hand,chest) and last lower body(legs) exoskeleton.

The perk system will be divided in those 3 parts.

Head/visor/helmet will have perks like detecting explosives , hear enemy steps louder, and stuff like that idk

Upper or torso exoskeleton will have perks like slight of hand, a perk to throw shit further, those weird wall crawling gloves and whatever else SH comes up with.

Lower body exoskeleton will have perks like marathon, a perk to make you jump higher and whatnot, something like that.

That'd be a really smart way of handling it.

S¡mon

Banned
SHG employee here. Really happy to finally be able to share this with you all.

Lots more to come in the following months but really glad that everyone is as hyped about Spacey as we are!
It's the first Call of Duty I'm interested in since years. I'm looking forward to seeing more footage and learning more about the game.

if true....

just get it over with and give us the native resolutions...
Come on, it doesn't really matter. At the end of the day, both XB1 and PS4 gamers will end up happily playing Call of Duty. 99% won't be thinking "Hmm, I just wish the resolution was higher."

And even if there is a difference, it's impossible for them to talk about it right now. The game isn't fininshed yet. Resolution and framerate can still change for both platforms in the months to come.

Metfanant

S¡mon;110406232 said:
Come on, it doesn't really matter. At the end of the day, both XB1 and PS4 gamers will end up happily playing Call of Duty. 99% won't be thinking "Hmm, I just wish the resolution was higher."
its fun to talk about...if it "didn't matter" we wouldnt get monster threads about it all the time

S¡mon;110406232 said:
And even if there is a difference, it's impossible for them to talk about it right now. The game isn't fininshed yet. Resolution and framerate can still change for both platforms in the months to come.

not impossible to talk about...sure they can change, but i doubt they change much

BareClassicGartersnake.gif
Straight gangsta .

Looks significantly better, but CoD (more than any other franchise, imho) needs to demonstrate new and better gameplay. The scripted roller-coaster shooter is really feeling thin these days.

Zoned

Actively hates charity

Lots more to come in the following months but really glad that everyone is as hyped about Spacey as we are!

Trailer was amazing. You did good by including Spacey, now my hype levels are all time high for COD.

A few more details

The year is 2054, and the world has suffered an attack on its militaries around the world. Jonathan Irons (Kevin Spacey) is the founder and president of the world’s largest private military corporation, Atlas Corporation, and you are one if its advanced soldiers.

Sledgehammer began its work on the Call of Duty franchise in tandem with Infinity Ward in 2011 on Modern Warfare 3. “This is an opportunity of a lifetime, and it’s humbling,” Schofield says. “We’ve been fans of the franchise since the beginning, so we know how important every single detail must be. We’re taking nothing for granted from the endless research, attention to detail, and creative pre-productions to every bit of polish and balancing. Call of Duty has such meaning to everyone. And that’s inspiring us to craft a new vision for the next generation.”

This is just the beginning of a month of in-depth coverage that will begin on May 4 at 12:00 p.m. Central. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is set for a November 4, 2014 release.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...dvanced-warfare-brings-the-fight-to-2054.aspx

TeRey09

Some parts of the game are further along than others. The cinematics team is working hard to get everything up to the same bar. Hair in particular is hard to get right and we will be working on making it as realistic as possible leading up to the release.

How long have you guys been working on the game?

MercuryLS

Banned
Sledgehammer Games is made up of some great devs, I wonder if they'll become the premier COD dev. I never really cared for Treyarch's CODs and IW is a shell of it's former self. Hoping for the best, pretty good first impression so far.

I can't believe that was Xbox One footage. It really looks fantastic

Good IQ
Good shaders
Good lighting
really good quality effects

it looks top notch. First time I have been excited for a CoD game

MercuryLS

Banned
Concept started while we were wrapping up MW3. Went into production immediately after finishing MW3. So since the end of 2011

Are you allowed to disclose why you guys went with an FPS instead of the TPS like you guys were originally going to make?

I can't believe that was Xbox One footage. It really looks fantastic

Good IQ
Good shaders
Good lighting
really good quality effects

it looks top notch. First time I have been excited for a CoD game

People give XB1 a lot of shit, but it can pump out some great visuals. Just look at something like Ryse.

its fun to talk about...if it "didn't matter" we wouldnt get monster threads about it all the time

not impossible to talk about...sure they can change, but i doubt they change much

I agree, but have to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Ghost on PS4 was 720p prior to launch and a patch was released to make it 1080p. Same with AC4 on PS4. Trials on Xbone and PS4 both got a resolution boost at a launch.

amar212

Concept started while we were wrapping up MW3. Went into production immediately after finishing MW3. So since the end of 2011

Is it even reconsiderable by designers to make the Team Tactical portion of the MP lists akin to the original extraordinary recipe:

3vs3 teams and all modes on all maps in regular rotation (sans FFA)?

All COD games after original COD4:MW experimented on that initial Team Tactical recipe and failed miserably. 4vs4 was absolutely different and unbalanced compared to 3vs3 while playing with the modes rotation (with removing many without any good reason) led to boring repetition.

3vs3 Team Tactical on all maps with all modes in the rotation was THE PINNACLE of COD mastery. Can someone finally bring that mode back to its original fame? Please?

Thank you for your consideration and I wish you a great reception for your game :)

Endless

Press release

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Boosts Franchise to New Heights on the Next Generation

The power of the next generation of advanced soldier. The power of a gripping performance from Kevin Spacey. The power of all-new, exoskeleton gameplay mechanics. Power changes everything. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare delivers an inspired new era of Call of Duty. Published by Activision Publishing, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, and developed for next gen consoles and PC by Sledgehammer Games, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare delivers a breathtaking, new vision for the blockbuster franchise.

"We've made several key decisions with an eye towards creative excellence on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. We've really approached this game differently," said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision Publishing. "This is our first three-year development cycle. It's our first time with Sledgehammer Games at the creative helm. And we're shaking up the formula in several ways. New core gameplay mechanics with the exoskeleton suit. A riveting new story. An iconic new character played by one of the world's best actors in Kevin Spacey. We're having a lot of fun making this game, and we think the world is going to have even more fun playing it."

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare jolts players forward in a groundbreaking experience that's ripped-from-the-headlines-of-tomorrow, envisioning a future where both technology and tactics have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Set in the year 2054, a private military corporation (PMC) has emerged with the power to rescue humanity from a devastated world struggling to rebuild after a global attack on its military and infrastructure. You are the advanced soldier. Empowered with new, cutting-edge exoskeleton abilities, technological advancements and high-tech gear, players join the ranks of a highly-trained, specialized unit committed to restoring order in a state of advanced warfare.

"It's been a lot of fun working with the team to bring Jonathan Irons to life. The technology is truly remarkable and unlike anything I've done before. I'm excited to see where this goes," said Academy Award winner Kevin Spacey.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is being developed specifically for next gen consoles and PC. This is the first iteration of publisher Activision's expanded three-year development cycle allowing the debut lead title from Sledgehammer Games an added year of studio development. With the expanded production capabilities, Sledgehammer Games is able to create an astonishing new, next generation experience, featuring an array of technical advancements from the sights and sounds that create a near photorealistic world unlike any Call of Duty before, to new performance capture and facial animation technologies that deliver lifelike characters, to a rich and immersive story that brings the fiction to life.

"This is an opportunity of a lifetime, and an honor for Sledgehammer Games. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is the most ambitious and creative project we have ever worked on. From the endless research and thousands of production designs, to our incredible focus on the narrative and amazing attention to detail - we're taking nothing for granted," said Glen Schofield, co-founder and game director of Sledgehammer Games. "Call of Duty connects with the fans on such a deep level, and crafting a new vision for the next generation has been so inspiring for us."

Michael Condrey, co-founder and studio head of Sledgehammer Games added, "Glen and I created this team with the singular vision of delivering the best work of our lives. We know we're stepping into some pretty big shoes, but every day I'm amazed at the talent and focus at work here touching everything from the story experience to multiplayer. We're excited to lead the next chapter in this great franchise, and we can't wait for November 4th."

Starting today, fans can begin pre-ordering their copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare at retail outlets worldwide. The title is scheduled for release on November 4.

That1Guy

3vs3 Team Tactical on all maps with all modes in the rotation was THE PINNACLE of COD mastery. Can someone finally bring that mode back to its original fame? Please?

Thank you for your consideration and I wish you a great reception for your game :)

I'll see what I can do. ;)

HeliosT10

All the best to you and the team during the home stretch of development, after seeing the trailer I'm pretty hyped and think it's looking great! :D

Bobby_Sullivan

Neo Member
How much more advanced can they get? The theme of future style combat has been explored by all of the Call of Duty games after 4 besides world at war and black ops. Obviously I have no expections at all for this game.

omonimo

Banned
S¡mon;110406232 said:
It's the first Call of Duty I'm interested in since years. I'm looking forward to seeing more footage and learning more about the game.

Spent more money to play with the worst graphic. Who gives a fuck. It's funny.

turcy

loving the heavy emphasis on real-time lights, normal maps, & high quality VFX [ie - smoke, explosions, etc.]

never thought i'd be excited about COD again!

You guys are doing well, the trailer was pretty good.
Spacey will add a spice to Advanced Warfare, another good choice.

I have one question, Is the playable Main Character a silent one ?!, or is he a talking character like those featured in Treyarch's Black Ops games ?!.

Top Bottom