• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Gameplay (Gameplay captured on Playstation 5)

Fake

๐š†๐šŽ๐š•๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‹๐š›๐š’๐š—๐š”. ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š’๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐š’๐šŒ ๐™ฑ๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐™พ๐š™๐šœ ๐šœ๐šŽ๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š’๐šœ ๐š‹๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐š˜๐š ๐™ณ๐šž๐š๐šขยฎ: ๐™ฑ๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐™พ๐š™๐šœ ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š•๐š ๐š†๐šŠ๐š› โ€“ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šš๐šž๐šŽ๐š• ๐š๐š˜ ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐š˜๐š ๐™ณ๐šž๐š๐šขยฎ: ๐™ฑ๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐™พ๐š™๐šœ, ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š˜๐š›๐š’๐š๐š’๐š—๐šŠ๐š• ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐šœ๐š๐šŠ๐š›๐š๐šŽ๐š ๐š’๐š ๐šŠ๐š•๐š•. ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐š˜๐š ๐™ณ๐šž๐š๐šข: ๐™ฑ๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐™พ๐š™๐šœ ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š•๐š ๐š†๐šŠ๐š› ๐š ๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š™ ๐š™๐š•๐šŠ๐šข๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ ๐š’๐š—๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐šŽ๐š™๐š๐š‘๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š•๐š ๐š†๐šŠ๐š›โ€™๐šœ ๐šŸ๐š˜๐š•๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š•๐šŽ ๐š๐šŽ๐š˜๐š™๐š˜๐š•๐š’๐š๐š’๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š• ๐š‹๐šŠ๐š๐š๐š•๐šŽ ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š•๐šข ๐Ÿท๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿถ๐šœ. ๐™ธ๐š— ๐šŠ ๐š๐š›๐š’๐š™๐š™๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šœ๐š’๐š—๐š๐š•๐šŽ-๐š™๐š•๐šŠ๐šข๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š–๐š™๐šŠ๐š’๐š๐š—, ๐š™๐š•๐šŠ๐šข๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ ๐š ๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐šŒ๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š—๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š๐šŠ๐š›๐š” ๐šŒ๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐š˜๐š ๐šŠ ๐š๐š•๐š˜๐š‹๐šŠ๐š• ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐šœ๐š™๐š’๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐šข ๐šŠ๐š•๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šœ๐š’๐š๐šŽ ๐š’๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐š’๐šŒ ๐šŒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ ๐š†๐š˜๐š˜๐š๐šœ, ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š˜๐š—, ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐™ท๐šž๐š๐šœ๐š˜๐š—, ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐š ๐šŽ๐š•๐š• ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š—๐šŽ๐š  ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐šœ๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š˜๐š™๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š๐š˜ ๐šœ๐š๐š˜๐š™ ๐šŠ ๐š™๐š•๐š˜๐š ๐š๐šŽ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š–๐šŠ๐š”๐š’๐š—๐š. ๐™ฑ๐šŽ๐šข๐š˜๐š—๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š–๐š™๐šŠ๐š’๐š๐š—, ๐™ฑ๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐™พ๐š™๐šœ ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š•๐š ๐š†๐šŠ๐š› ๐š ๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐š๐šŽ๐š•๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐šŽ๐šก๐š ๐š๐šŽ๐š—๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐š๐š’๐š˜๐š— ๐š˜๐š ๐™ผ๐šž๐š•๐š๐š’๐š™๐š•๐šŠ๐šข๐šŽ๐š› ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š‰๐š˜๐š–๐š‹๐š’๐šŽ๐šœ ๐šŽ๐šก๐š™๐šŽ๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ๐šœ, ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š๐š’๐š—๐š—๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š†๐š˜๐š›๐š•๐š๐š ๐š’๐š๐šŽ ๐™ผ๐šž๐š•๐š๐š’๐š™๐š•๐šŠ๐šข๐šŽ๐š› ๐š๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š• ๐š˜๐š— ๐š‚๐šŽ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐Ÿฟ.
1920x-1

๐™ฒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐š˜๐š ๐™ณ๐šž๐š๐šข: ๐™ฑ๐š•๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š” ๐™พ๐š™๐šœ ๐™ฒ๐š˜๐š•๐š ๐š†๐šŠ๐š› ๐šŠ๐š›๐š›๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š˜๐š— ๐™ฝ๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐Ÿท๐Ÿน, ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿถ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿถ.
Purchase the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Cross-Gen Bundle or Ultimate Edition digitally on either platform and unlock the power of next-gen Call of Duty experiences with higher framerate, hardware-based ray-tracing, shorter load times and more. The PlayStation 5 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is scheduled for release Holiday 2020 in the U.S. and Canada, and in late 2020 for the rest of the world. The title is also scheduled for release later this year on the Xbox Series X.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will run at 4K 120fps with Ray Tracing on next gen console
Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Has Upgrade Path for PlayStation but not for Xbox
Activision now charges 70$ as standard price (still 60 on PC)
ULTIMATE_EDITION_BEAUTY_SHOT.png

Last edited:

Shambala

Op where did u see captured on PS5 may I ask?
Edit: my bad lol I watched the trailer in the warzone event so it didnโ€™t say that. ๐Ÿ˜…

Last edited:

KAOS

Looks like call of duty! Oh btw I love New Order and all but between this and Wonder Woman 84 this song is getting played out. Use another group from the 80's or something heck use Erasure. Lol!

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
This gameplay trailer could use more gameplay footage. Looks pretty good though. Some of it seemed a bit too shiny.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
As well as choosing an interesting setting, the development team at Raven Software is offering a much greater degree of freedom than we've ever seen in a Call of Duty campaign. That starts with the character creator, which allows you to design your own single-player operator for the first time. There are eight stages in all, including options for skin tone and gender. While you can specify all of these options if you like to create a character suits your preferences, you can also leave them as 'classified' to end up with more of a blank slate like Call of Duties past. Choosing to not divulge your character's gender provides you with gender-neutral pronouns, which is a nice touch. As well as options that affect your in-game appearance and dialogue, some options have gameplay ramifications - so a psychological profile of "paranoid" halves the time it takes to aim down your sights, while the "lone wolf" profile allows you to sprint for twice as long.

The campaign itself also involves a greater level of player autonomy. Many missions allow you to take different paths to an objective, and you're also given dialogue options at some points in the story. You can also accomplish extra objectives and discover evidence to unlock two optional missions, which provide you with more narrative context to these levels. The choices you make will affect how the story progresses and ultimately what ending you receive, although it's clear that these choices will still exist within a broader narrative framework.

There are also several Hitman-style levels in the game, where you're asked to accomplish an objective by several potential means. One of these is set in the KGB headquarters in Moscow, where you're a double agent behind enemy lines. Here, you're able to poison a general, steal data, blackmail an officer or interrogate a prisoner in order to accomplish your unspecified but presumably delightfully devilish aims. Of course, the level ends with a traditional Call of Duty shootout, so it's clear that the more linear nature of the game remains the dominant vehicle to convey you along the story. For fans of the numbers, Mason!, you'll also be happy to know that the game includes some appropriately psychedelic and world-bending sequences as well.

sounds good to me

CrysisFreak

Banned
This reveal campaign has been pretty amazing. The way they incorporated it into Warzone with the stadium run. Wew.

Good. I play with the big dogs.
That's why I advocate in favour of SBMM in ranked mode, but it would've been great if you hadn't ruined quickplay. Thanks for nothing!

Arun1910

This gameplay trailer could use more gameplay footage. Looks pretty good though. Some of it seemed a bit too shiny.

There's supposed to be a campaign segment revealed tomorrow at Gamescom and a MP reveal in a couple weeks time.

My only concern is how buggy this will be. To change main developers in your last year of development and then a few months through this change having to work from home due to Covid... doesn't bode well.

MiguelItUp

I'm definitely interested. I loved MW (2019) quite a bit. But before that I wasn't hardcore into a COD since BLOPS 1/2. I'm curious to see its install and update sizes. ๐Ÿ‘€

Surely they won't let it be that bad two times in a row, right?...... Right?

trikster40

Well, crap. I donโ€™t normally buy COD but the digital Reagan sold me.

Just kidding, it looks pretty badass.

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Not sure what to make of the 5 seconds of gameplay we got from the gameplay trailer. But it will probably play well anyway.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Graphics are impressive but I hate COD so...need to see environmental destruction to convert me.

Its CoD, the focus is on run n' gun. Any environmental destruction will be heavily scripted, and in multiplayer it will be limited or non-existent.

Just the way it is they stick to a formula.

ethomaz

Banned
Is that why it looks cross-gen?
I'm not sure what are you watching lol

Welcome back. Yep, I dunno if software development is ahead on PS5 in general, seems strange we've seen so much footage on PS5 yet almost nothing on SeriesX so close to launch.

On topic: that ending with the open sand looked next gen to me, someone capture some stills.
I started to post some days ago on next-gen speculation thread but I'm reading the headlines for some time already.
Too busy too... so maybe I won't post like before even more with the FUD campaing.

PS. I know I missed some big moments in the forum :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom