• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Gameplay (Gameplay captured on Playstation 5)

Didn’t they say PS4 would have a 10$ upgrade fee with physical, and XB doesn’t have an upgrade path at all?
I don't know exactly how they are trying to push marketing on this, but for xbox getting the series X version also includes the xbox one s/x versions too.

Previous generation compatibility
  • PlayStation 5 Standard Edition will not operate on a PlayStation 4.
  • Xbox Series X Standard Edition includes an Xbox Series X disc that is also playable on an Xbox One.

I don't know exactly how they are trying to push marketing on this, but for xbox getting the series X version also includes the xbox one s/x versions too.

• Xbox Series X Standard Edition includes an Xbox Series X disc that is also playable on an Xbox One.

Who the hell buys xsx version to play on xbox or ps5 version to play on ps4 ? (At 10$ more? )
On top of that ps5 games ship on 100 gb BD and ps4 can't read those. Xsx is shipping on 50 gb BD. So all x1 can read it.

No generation approach backfiring badly .

What matters is ps4 and x1 version to xsx and ps5 versions and it seems xbox doesn't have that path.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
So when are they going to announce the file size for PC? :lollipop_anxious_sweat:

Honestly if it's another 200gb I might just skip it lol. Don't feel like upgrading my SSD just so I can have one game installed.

Last edited:

makaveli60

RDR2 on PS4.... did you played it? I have bad news for you... it doesn't look that good there.

I think I get why people seems to be fake... you guys are taking the Pro and X version as what it looks lol

It doesn't look like that on PS4 and XB1.

Sure.
Damn man, you are putting VFXVeteran to shame :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Andodalf

Banned

This is super confusing, but my current understanding is that both PS5 and XSX can play the last gen version just fine. PS5 can download the Next gen version with a PS4 disk and 10$. XSX cannot upgrade The XO version, BUT if you buy the XSX version the disk will act as a key to download the base XO version when played on an XO.

So for PS you should buy whichever you have and you’ll need to pay to upgrade if you bought the PS4 version, but with Xbox you should buy the XSX version no matter what or else you won’t be able to upgrade down the line?

Kumomeme

Put aside the visual is crossgen or not, Sony did quick and nice job of making sure this is shown and running on PS5 first. This will get crowd attention. CoD is big for mass casuals. 'Early bird gets the worm'.

This is super confusing, but my current understanding is that both PS5 and XSX can play the last gen version just fine. PS5 can download the Next gen version with a PS4 disk and 10$. XSX cannot upgrade The XO version, BUT if you buy the XSX version the disk will act as a key to download the base XO version when played on an XO.

So for PS you should buy whichever you have and you’ll need to pay to upgrade if you bought the PS4 version, but with Xbox you should buy the XSX version no matter what or else you won’t be able to upgrade down the line?
when disc version. on digital different rules apply:

Digital Standard Edition ($59.99 USD MSRP): Includes the game on Xbox One. Players can upgrade to the Cross-Gen Edition which includes the Xbox Series X version of the game after launch for an additional $10. (Note: The Digital Standard Edition is playable on Xbox Series X via backwards compatibility but will not include any next gen features

Andodalf

Banned
when disc version. on digital different rules apply:

Digital Standard Edition ($59.99 USD MSRP): Includes the game on Xbox One. Players can upgrade to the Cross-Gen Edition which includes the Xbox Series X version of the game after launch for an additional $10. (Note: The Digital Standard Edition is playable on Xbox Series X via backwards compatibility but will not include any next gen features

Good grief this is such a mess. I think I get it now, lol.

Who the hell buys xsx version to play on xbox or ps5 version to play on ps4 ? (At 10$ more? )
On top of that ps5 games ship on 100 gb BD and ps4 can't read those. Xsx is shipping on 50 gb BD. So all x1 can read it.

No generation approach backfiring badly .

What matters is ps4 and x1 version to xsx and ps5 versions and it seems xbox doesn't have that path.
Might have multiple consoles and only upgrade one. i can see upgrading my xbox and keeping my one-x for my kids.

RaptorGTA

Thoughts so far:
  1. Pricing is too high for what might be a run of the mill generic COD game.
  2. Doesn't look as promising as Modern Warfare.
  3. Graphics look alright.
  4. The trailer was running on a PS5, so if I do buy it I may sacrifice the expected timed Sony exclusives for a potentially better technical experience on the Xbox SX (teh extra flops innit)
  5. I'll still be focusing on Warzone with the next gen consoles and am more excited about any technical improvements we may see there.

Match my feelings. The initial trailer had me interested..then they remove stuff to appease China. The game visually looks good but nothing mind-blowing. Not saying I expected it but I was impressed with MW..not in this trailer. The story of the trailer for the campaign doesn't interest me. Overall it will be a pass for me. Game will still sell truck loads..but its not for me..less a new trailer is provided that changes my mind.

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War multiplayer gameplay leaked online

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War details improvements to PS5 and Xbox Series X

So 3D sound and haptic feedback will only be present on PS5.

The first thing that surprises me a lot. The 3D audio thing.

The trailer ran on a PS5 by the way and thanks to the SSD and the IO system, the PS5 version will be the one with the best loading times on any platform you play (including the PC one)

4K NATIVE + HDR + 120 FRAMES + 3D AUDIO + RETRO HAPTIC POWERED + HARDWARE ACCELERATED RAY TRACING.

Joey.

Late to the news...
But got damn...they have sucked me in AGAIN.
Warzone is a winner for me and has me fully hyped to get back in.

Cold War, Spider Man, Cyberpunk....I'll be busy this year.
Can't wait.

Top Bottom