• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Thread [PC/Xbone now up!]

wbEMX

Got my code for the CoD website today via Amazon, I'm still not able to redeem it for the PC version. It wants me to log in to the site even when I'm logged in.

Did they get rid of the players online stat like AW? Don't understand why SH did that. I like being able to know how many players are in each lobby.

It's percentages now.

So right now it looks like this:

uo7WJCO.png

18a3m7j.png

Jarrod38

Evac is a horrible, HORRIBLE map imo. It's a total mess and I hate it. ARGH!!

I'm loving the Man o' War, and the Sheiva is pretty great too. Wondering if the M8A7 has been nerfed since Gamescom. Unlocks at level 28 and I'm only 20 right now.

Anyone have any burning questions about the game?

Is the Combat Card back in?

Nvzman

Evac is a horrible, HORRIBLE map imo. It's a total mess and I hate it. ARGH!!

I'm loving the Man o' War, and the Sheiva is pretty great too. Wondering if the M8A7 has been nerfed since Gamescom. Unlocks at level 28 and I'm only 20 right now.

Anyone have any burning questions about the game?
Are shotguns good?

Are shotguns good?

Haven't used them enough to really tell honestly.

There are 2 available.

KRM-262 and Haymaker 12.

Will give them a spin in a few minutes once I'm done editing this vid and report back :)

I should have said Combat Record.

I'm a bit confused about this actually, as there's the After Action Report (below) but no Combat Record section as far as I can tell. (Bear in mind not all features are available in the Beta, I guess this is one of em)

bombshell

That would be nice, because 12am PST is basically the next day in the UK. But I doubt it.

Yeah, I don't know either, it just seems weird to tweet out "24 hours!" if there's actually more than 24 hours until we get access. So still hoping for midnight UK time.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Watching Drift0r livestream, what's up with the frame drops? Is it a YouTube livestream issue?

Gametrailers is playing it right now so I guess today is for all the press. Sorta pointless.

Eeeh, not entirely pointless. There's a press stream event tomorrow and there's no way anyone would have agreed to turn up if it meant they had to miss the opening couple hours of the beta. By granting early access they circumvent that issue.

I still haven't gotten my code from the black ops website.
When will they email them out?

When it goes live (public) on your platform of choice. Right now it's early access only :)

Unrelated:

Just realised they got rid of the horrible shaky HUD that they used to have. SO much nicer having it fixed. Ty 3arc!

Game settings just changed, looks like they pushed some update or other.

Also, level cap is 28 right now apparently. Definitely think they are going to raise it over the course of the beta though.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How are the maps? the last few CoD maps sucked balls for me ....

I'm in the same boat. MW1, MW2, BO1 where the last games for which I enjoyed the maps. So far, from the gamepay, I think I like the snow map, Combine and Hunted.

Lebneney

Banned
Yeah, I don't believe it. They said the same thing with Advanced Warfare I believe, and aim assist on snipers is in full force.

Snipers are a big size of the community, they will be throwing a fit if that ever happened.

Exactly, it seems as if there is always a vortex that pulls a snipers bullet towards you both close and long range. The only respectable snipers are those that snipe in a snipers nest, but those are considered "campers." It seems like either the community needs to accept the idea of "camping" with a sniper or preferably bring the Black Ops 1 style of sniping back (my favorite sniping style).

I'm in the same boat. MW1, MW2, BO1 where the last games for which I enjoyed the maps. So far, from the gamepay, I think I like the snow map, Combine and Hunted.

same here! wish they would just put it all in a collection like Gears of Wars doing right now ...LOL

Pachimari

Still getting that stupid error:

THE REDEMPTION CODE YOU HAVE ENTERED IS INVALID. PLEASE RE-ENTER YOUR CODE.

Seems their website doesn't work properly yet.
I should have just redeemed it days ago.

Mikey Jr.

Is there anywhere on the site where I can check that I have redeemed the code? I think I redeemed a few weeks ago, but can't remember now.

im_dany

Nice, lately, Call of Duty games haven't had that 99%+ 60fps locked, I think Black Ops 1 on Xbox 360 was the last game like that. Would love to go back to that.

BO1 had huge framerate drops on 360 whenever a Napalm Strike was called in, didn't notice huge drops in any other COD game.

Top Bottom