• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Thread [PC/Xbone now up!]

Portugeezer

Gold Member
That's what I thought but the agent was quite adamant about it [I've replaced the agents and my name from the transcript]:

11:13 AM BST Me: I checked the FAQ on their site and you can redeem the code before the beta starts
11:13 AM BST Amazon employee: The beta runs from 19 to 23 August 2015.
May I have the link for this please?
11:13 AM BST Me: https://www.callofduty.com/blackops3/beta#
11:14 AM BST Me: Middle bottom is a View FAQ box
11:15 AM BST Me: You input the code and them tomorrow they send you a code to download the beta itself
11:15 AM BST Amazon employee: Thanks for the link.
They've provided the event date as between August 19,2015 and August 23,2015.
11:16 AM BST Amazon employee: They've informed us, as it will work only on August 19,2015.
11:17 AM BST Amazon employee: If any customer enter the code today for ps4, they'll get only error.

I think he's confused, there is no error on the website, and there is no way to get an error unless you enter the early code into the PS4 and not the COD website... but just in case, luckily I got sent 2 codes, so I'll see if my early redeemed code works before I give away the other code.

Amazon UK still haven't sent me anything even after they assured me I'd get my code on the 17th because they like to be early.

I cancelled and re-ordered yesterday and they sent me a code after 1 minute. They also then sent me another code today which was from my earlier order.

Agent

First CoD game I will be playing since Black Ops, hope it's decent.

When I made the switch to Battlefield 4 I found it mind boggling why I had never played a Battlefield game before.

So ready for this! My first return to COD since the first Black Ops. I'm excited! That movement/combat trailer got me hyped!

I'm in the same boat. My last CoD was Black Ops, then I got bored with the series and changed to Battlefield which was more up my alley. I played a lot of BF3/4, but basically quit last year with the release of Destiny (I know, I know) which I've been hooked on ever since. I'll be getting the expansion for that next month, but I'm open to some new games after that. For some reason, CoD is calling me this year (it kind of reminds me of Destiny in some ways I think), so I just did the pre-order this morning to get the beta access to try it out.

The website was a pain to try and enter the code into though. I was able to enter the code and it said I would get access, but it was pretty dodgy with a lot of error pages so I'm not quite sure.

Alienous

Well, the website's told me I'm signed up.

Now I guess I just have to wait for them to send the console code to my email?

Arun1910

I'm in the same boat. My last CoD was Black Ops, then I got bored with the series and changed to Battlefield which was more up my alley. I played a lot of BF3/4, but basically quit last year with the release of Destiny (I know, I know) which I've been hooked on ever since. I'll be getting the expansion for that next month, but I'm open to some new games after that. For some reason, CoD is calling me this year (it kind of reminds me of Destiny in some ways I think), so I just did the pre-order this morning to get the beta access to try it out.

The website was a pain to try and enter the code into though. I was able to enter the code and it said I would get access, but it was pretty dodgy with a lot of error pages so I'm not quite sure.

Probably site issues. I got my code 2 weeks ago and had no problems with the website.

so im not supposed to have gotten my download code yet correct? i put my code into tthe beta site

FAQ says 12am PST on the 19th, it's in the OP.

j-wood

The register website really sucks. I have no idea if i burned my code or not. When going to redeem, I choose to login with the playstation option, and just use my psn account. It took me straight to redeem my code, which i did successfully. I never had to login though and I haven't gotten another e-mail.

What gives?

kozi_1200

The register website really sucks. I have no idea if i burned my code or not. When going to redeem, I choose to login with the playstation option, and just use my psn account. It took me straight to redeem my code, which i did successfully. I never had to login though and I haven't gotten another e-mail.

What gives?

Happened the same with me, i will try again later and hope for the best. That's the best you can do.

Tomeru

So if I pre-ordered directly from psn, am I good to go? Or do I still have to register or enter a code?

What gives?

Waiting for the day before onE these things is never a good idea. You can contact Activision support and verify if your code is registered to your account.

I got to play the game at Gamescom and really liked what I played. Looking forward to play some more tomorrow.

Has there been a word on when the Beta is going to be be downloadable for PSN Store Pre Orders?

Edit: Seems to be 12am PST. So it is released worldwide at the same time?

iMax

Guys, if you're waiting for the beta and have nothing to do right now, make sure you've set this up: http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-change-your-nat-type-on-ps4-and-ps3/839

Solved all the connectivity problems I was having, definitely worth doing.

:)

This isn't right. Nat Type 2 doesn't mean 'moderate', it means you're connected through a router. You're not going to get Type 1 unless you plug directly into your modem.

Also, do UPnP, port-forwarding, or DMZ. Don't mix and match.

This isn't right. Nat Type 2 doesn't mean 'moderate', it means you're connected through a router. You're not going to get Type 1 unless you plug directly into your modem.

Also, do UPnP, port-forwarding, or DMZ. Don't mix and match.

Yeah they've worded it wrong - you'll be "Type 2" when you do run a Connection Test, but in the beta it will open you up from Strict or Moderate to Open.

Does this really work? If my NAT is already set to open should i even bother?

Worked for me last night, now have Open NAT and can join parties whereas beforehand I couldn't. If your NAT in the Beta is open, then great, you're all set.

If not..
Just go into your router config and open up these ports (TCP & UDP):

3478-3480
6000-7000
10070-10080

Easy peasy. :)

Got the code but that damn site wont let me redeem it. They should have staggered the code release and beta download. If I don't manage to retrieve my code due to heavy traffic on the site I wouldn't be surprised.

Raptor

Yeah they've worded it wrong - you'll be "Type 2" when you do run a Connection Test, but in the beta it will open you up from Strict or Moderate to Open.

Worked for me last night, now have Open NAT and can join parties whereas beforehand I couldn't. If your NAT in the Beta is open, then great, you're all set.

If not..
Just go into your router config and open up these ports (TCP & UDP):

Easy peasy. :)

Too much work lols, I just put it at DMZ and be done with it.

:p

bombshell

I got to play the game at Gamescom and really liked what I played. Looking forward to play some more tomorrow.

Has there been a word on when the Beta is going to be be downloadable for PSN Store Pre Orders?

Edit: Seems to be 12am PST. So it is released worldwide at the same time?

David Vonderhaar tweeted this at midnight UK time:

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/633415538266370048

So I think at least the EU region beta will be available from UK midnight time tonight.

Evac is a horrible, HORRIBLE map imo. It's a total mess and I hate it. ARGH!!

I'm loving the Man o' War, and the Sheiva is pretty great too. Wondering if the M8A7 has been nerfed since Gamescom. Unlocks at level 28 and I'm only 20 right now.

Anyone have any burning questions about the game?

On Demand

Banned
Evac is a horrible, HORRIBLE map imo. It's a total mess and I hate it. ARGH!!

I'm loving the Man o' War, and the Sheiva is pretty great too. Wondering if the M8A7 has been nerfed since Gamescom. Unlocks at level 28 and I'm only 20 right now.

Anyone have any burning questions about the game?

Did they get rid of the players online stat like AW? Don't understand why SH did that. I like being able to know how many players are in each lobby.

So... nobody outside of the early access crew has received anything that allows them to download the beta client, right?

An email for the PSN store maybe?

Top Bottom