• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

a916

The maps. Terrible. I hear the map packs have been better, but what joke the default maps are. COD is a run and gun game, and a game with a couple choke points on each map for action. This new one, the maps were designed for a Tony Hawk skating game imo, and have way too many ways of getting hit from. People just wait in one area a lot on this one it seems.

Oh well...

Agreed. There was a Respawn guy in one of the COD threads saying that everyone except one guy left after MW2 and everyone of those new guys left after MW3 leaving Ghost's map guys new to COD. It's very apparent.

The new maps are better, but that's only because the default ones were that bad. That's a sign of progress I guess...

TCRS

Banned
ordered the 360 version today. my first cod since black ops 1, though I have played MW3 at my cousins house. It was fun, but I still prefer the slower black ops. let's see how this is.

Anyone on xbone getting tons of host migrations today? It's been like every other game for me and I have seen maybe two before this weekend.

I think they turned off the dedicated servers or are atleast they are using the majority of them on the demo. Game feels broken this weekend I had to turn it off.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
played 7-8 matches today. havent played cod much at all in quite some time. the series moved into twitch run and gun territory and i greatly preferred the slower paced "camping" found in mw 1 and 2. this feels more like that to me and i like it.

still though, after titanfall it all feels so one-dimensional.

RyudBoy

All I know is that after trying the demo for both XB1 and 360, I do significantly better on 360. The controller is waaaaaay better. They sure fucked up with the XB1 controller. I can't aim for shit with it.

E92 M3

All I know is that after trying the demo for both XB1 and 360, I do significantly better on 360. The controller is waaaaaay better. They sure fucked up with the XB1 controller. I can't aim for shit with it.

You know what? I was really worried for the XB1 controller and turned out great. Feels great in my hands and I perform nicely, too.

Jamaro85

Agreed. There was a Respawn guy in one of the COD threads saying that everyone except one guy left after MW2 and everyone of those new guys left after MW3 leaving Ghost's map guys new to COD. It's very apparent.

The new maps are better, but that's only because the default ones were that bad. That's a sign of progress I guess...

I figured that it was almost a complete turnover from the MW2 staff, although I thought it might be more than one employee remaining, but I had no clue that the MW3 staff was completely turned over. I definitely agree that it shows with the map design though.

Duxxy3

Cronus max works well. My brother doesn't even use his XB1 controller with his XB1.

Yeah, the sticks definitely feel more loose, but I also think part of what you're feeling is Infinity Ward's incompetence. The Titanfall Beta felt much better and it's using the same sticks, so they can feel great when the developer tunes them right.

eek5

Why is my dog so useless? How can I get the motherfucker to attack someone?

The dog is a camper's scorestreak. If you're too aggressive you'll end up in a long LoS and it will get killed or it will lag behind you and get stuck in a long LoS get and killed. The best use is to position yourself in corners so it is out of view then it is like a perpetual claymore that keeps wrecking shit.

It can be effective if you flank real hard but if you have a good flank you're probably going to get the kill anyway.

Just sit back, relax, hide and get a free gryphon. :)

Another thing is that when you die your dog will run off and has a pretty high chance of dying. Yeah it COULD go off on a long streak but most likely it won't. Best to stay back and stay alive to maximize the streak.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The dog is a camper's scorestreak. If you're too aggressive you'll end up in a long LoS and it will get killed or it will lag behind you and get stuck in a long LoS get and killed. The best use is to position yourself in corners so it is out of view then it is like a perpetual claymore that keeps wrecking shit.

It can be effective if you flank real hard but if you have a good flank you're probably going to get the kill anyway.

Another thing is that when you die your dog will run off and has a pretty high chance of dying. Yeah it COULD go off on a long streak but most likely it won't. Best to stay back and stay alive to maximize the streak.

My brother was playing the other day, called in a care package but was killed, his dog ended up going on a three killstreak by itself.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
maniac? i run faster but only have a knife? can i just get an extra dog?

RyudBoy

Cronus max works well. My brother doesn't even use his XB1 controller with his XB1.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna buy one now. I intended to earlier, but I gave up on Killer Instinct a while ago. This will be another incentive for me to finally get one.

Yeah, the sticks definitely feel more loose, but I also think part of what you're feeling is Infinity Ward's incompetence. The Titanfall Beta felt much better and it's using the same sticks, so they can feel great when the developer tunes them right.

Yeah, I tried the Titanfall Beta and didn't experience any issues with aiming. It actually felt really nice. Initially, I had a hard time adjusting to the XB1's controller in BF4. It took a while, but I'm used to it now. So what you're saying could in fact be IW's fault. Either way, the difference can be felt right away when switching between XB1 and 360.

Thanks for the info.

When I first started playing, my dog would trail behind me on almost all instances, and then, only after I died would it attack my attacker, and then get killed. Pissed me off so much I ended up swapping it out for I.M.S. Based on what you suggested, I could use the dog the same way, but I don't like staying stationary for long (I'm a run n gun person), so I just drop the I.M.S somewhere and let it do it's thing. It's way more useful lol. I might give the dog another go, though.

Side note, Maniac is fun! Makes me feel like I'm playing MW2 again.

fernoca

Been playing a few on PS4 (got it for $25 after a $15 credit I got) and no problems with the dog. He usually is behind me, but gets pissed off when there's someone close and attacked them; then returned to me. Even after I was killed he continued around killing others. XD

Prozel

My european XBO is set to the US store. Can I buy the DLC or is that region locked? I think I've read there've been some problems.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Freefall map is the worst map in the entire history of COD ?. Go on, someone say "yeah its just you"........

Frillen

The dog is actually useful, especially when you die and spawn across the map. It will run across the map and kill everything in its path. Think I got 3 kills from that one time.

Bought this game half off at target. Boy does this game piss me off. The I.e.d is bullshit tier on some maps. The maps are way too big and the spawns are absolute shit. I won't lie though, the game is fun when you have a couple of friends over and you're drinking passing around the controller after 3 deaths.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the Freefall map is the worst map in the entire history of COD ?. Go on, someone say "yeah its just you"........

We just got it on Wii U. I ran around in private match in order to learn it. Then I played 4 matches on it. 2 TDM and 2 SnR. I've had enough.

eek5

Freefall is awful. Just a bunch of fucking corners on a shitty destroyed map (has there ever been a destroyed terrain lookin map that was good?) w/ terrible shaking screen map "dynamic" events. The worst part is they went out of their way to add it to matchmaking but left onslaught out of rotation still.

IW is really good at making you get sick of maps real quick. I guess it helps them sell the next map pack which will be in its own isolated island forever as well.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Freefall is awful. Just a bunch of fucking corners on a shitty destroyed map (has there ever been a destroyed terrain lookin map that was good?) w/ terrible shaking screen map "dynamic" events. The worst part is they went out of their way to add it to matchmaking but left onslaught out of rotation still.

IW is really good at making you get sick of maps real quick. I guess it helps them sell the next map pack which will be in its own isolated island forever as well.

You forgot to mention you can get randomly killed by the map too.

TCRS

Banned
Got my copy today, just played a couple of rounds. The game is much slower than MW3 due to the map size, but the kill itself requires even less hits now. That's how it feels anyway. Annoying to see thermal imaging being back again and being widely used. But it wasn't too bad except on one round on that castle map.

Weapons feel nice, the MK14 is great. I am sad that they didn't include the classic M14 from BlackOps, I like the wood frame much more than all that plastic stuff. The AK is great and feels like an AK.

Dogs are annoying and hard to kill. You can't see or hear them and even if you see them it's usually too late. But it hasn't been a rampant problem so far.

I'm enjoying it. The best part is the slower pace.

This game is growing on me a bit. The maps and spawns are still terrible though. Especially Freefall in anything that isn't in Infection.

ordered the 360 version today. my first cod since black ops 1, though I have played MW3 at my cousins house. It was fun, but I still prefer the slower black ops. let's see how this is.

Ghosts is definitely closer to Black Ops 1 than MW3 and Black Ops 2 are (in terms of having a slower pace). IMO, it's not as good as Black Ops 1 though.

TCRS

Banned
Ghosts is definitely closer to Black Ops 1 than MW3 and Black Ops 2 are (in terms of having a slower pace). IMO, it's not as good as Black Ops 1 though.

agree, black ops 1 was just brilliant. the spawning here sometimes pisses me off. yesterday I spawned three times right in front of the guy who had previously killed me... admittedly it was on that tiny map inside the building, but still.

is it just me or are shotguns pretty much useless here? a damn shame, I loved the shotguns in black ops 1.

Duxxy3

Trading in ghosts today. I prestiged once, beat the campaign 3 times and played probably 70 hours total.

It wasn't my favorite Call of Duty, but I think I got my monies worth.

I wonder when the MP skins will be released for PS4. It's been a month since the first set were out on Xbox.

I don't really care about the first set, but i want the hazmat suit from the second set.

The dlc maps are really good.

I would like to try them but since a few patches ago matchmaking is busted on xbone. I'm constantly getting matched with Europeans and I'm in Ohio game was unplayable last time I checked. So I have no desire to hand activision and inferior ward any more money. Have they added the last map pack to the playlists yet?

z-layrex

Banned
This game gets more buggy with each patch. That's not how it's supposed to work.

I log on after each new patch hoping they get the framerate back to where it was at launch. No dice. Same for the strange bug where it loads up your single player save file upon booting the game. That bug showed up a few patches ago. Still there.

With the latest patch I'm now seeing some shadow bugs, where off shadows are cast occasionally from players, and distant shadows pop in where they didn't before. Infinity Ward continues to embarrass themselves with this game, and I'm so glad I never bought any DLC for it, as Titanfall will replace this game for many people come Tuesday.

The framerate issues in TF are far worse than Ghosts (on Xbox One).

The framerate issues in TF are far worse than Ghosts (on Xbox One).

Ghosts actually shipped with a solid framerate on XB1, and then after a random patch it got much worse. That is inexcusable, and the developer has refused to even acknowledge it happened, and it's been months now.

z-layrex

Banned
Ghosts actually shipped with a solid framerate on XB1, and then after a random patch it got much worse. That is inexcusable, and the developer has refused to even acknowledge it happened, and it's been months now.

I know and I agree. Stonehaven plays like a turd now. Just thought I'd point out how TF is even more of a mess in that regard.

I got so frustrated with cod Ghosts that I traded in at gamestop. In my opinion, is the worst cod ever, I just play free for all and the maps are too big. Just couldn't have fun with it. The respawn was terrible as well

Top Bottom