• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

They changed the sound for leveling up... is it a sick guitar riff now? This determines whether or not I re-download the game on PS3.

gogogow

Nope. They are nothing alike!

Strikezone isn't a 1:1 copy of Dome, but "nothing alike" is exaggerated. Whether intentional or not, there are a lot of similarities between the two maps.

maxresdefault.jpg

Strikezone isn't a 1:1 copy of Dome, but "nothing alike" is exaggerated. Whether intentional or not, there are a lot of similarities between the two maps.

The lines of sight, cover locations, objective locations, and spawns make it so they're completely different. Strikezone isn't Dome. Unearthed is.

I really dug the onslaught doc, I felt like almost every map was on par with, or better than the standard ones. Devastation looks great too, I'll pick it up on ps4

cresto

Is it just me or is there something off about the responsiveness on the xbone? It just feels like there's too much dead zone or something

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Guys I have a question. Can someone please tell me what the hell this thing is that people are using at the start of the match that appears to be some sort of Juggernaut but I'm not sure. They are definitely wearing *SOME* type of protective gear. I'm aware of what Juggernaut is, and I'm aware that there's assault Juggernaut and Maniac Juggernaut, but what kind of Juggernaut are these guys using that let's them use it right from the beginning of the match?

Whatever it is, it shields them with some kind of layer of protection and I can't kill them as easily as the normal soldiers.

Guys I have a question. Can someone please tell me what the hell this thing is that people are using at the start of the match that appears to be some sort of Juggernaut but I'm not sure. They are definitely wearing *SOME* type of protective gear. I'm aware of what Juggernaut is, and I'm aware that there's assault Juggernaut and Maniac Juggernaut, but what kind of Juggernaut are these guys using that let's them use it right from the beginning of the match?

Whatever it is, it shields them with some kind of layer of protection and I can't kill them as easily as the normal soldiers.
Are you sure they're not just wearing a uniform/helmet combo that makes them look tougher?

Nori Chan

IW said they are going to nerd the bison. Is there something OP about it? Should I go for gold immediately so I don't have trouble with it?

kuYuri

IW said they are going to nerd the bison. Is there something OP about it? Should I go for gold immediately so I don't have trouble with it?

It's one of the best if not the best SMG at close range due to its ROF, it has a very similar 3 hit kill range as the MTAR, but shoots much faster. MTAR/Vector are still better at range, but overall, it's one of the best SMGs right now.

I just got into the multiplayer on the PS4 for no other reason than boredom and frustration with Battlefield 4. But I did love Black Ops 2, WaW, and COD4 so maybe I can get some fun out of Ghosts despite the ridiculously low player health.

I've found myself gravitating to the Vector, like in BO2, but in Ghosts what are the best attachments and perks to use with it? Should I use a foregrip and muzzlebreak? Or should I swap one for an optic?

kuYuri

New patch for the month:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200795177

Title Update: Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Spawns
Improved FFA spawn logic.
Improved TDM/KC/Cranked spawning logic.
Updated Blitz spawn logic for online matches.

Weapon Balance
Bizon
Reduced headshot multiplier: No longer allow for 1 body, 1 head shot kills.
Max and Min damage range reduced.
Slight increase to kick.

Vepr
Aim down sight time faster. Now in line with other SMGs.

CBJMS
Max and Min damage range reduced.

IED
Damage reduction always applied when the player is jumping, crouched or prone. Removed IED position check relative to player.

Thermobaric Grenades
Now do 1/2 max health in hardcore modes.

Killstreak Balance
Squad Mate - Reduced Accuracy & Fire Rate. Swapped Weapon to mp443.

eSports
Update to DOM to allow 2, 5 minute rounds for eSports playlist, and with eSports mode in Private Match and System Link.

Anti-Cheat
Overall anti-cheat improvements.
Fixed elite clan tag spoofing issue.

Additional Fixes
Fixed an issue where the Tracked Operations and Progressed Operations loadout builder would not properly select items.
Added popup message if a user tries to join on a blocked user from the recently met player list.
Fixed an issue where the New Icons for heads/uniforms/etc would appear in private match.
Fixed new icon to only appear on the "Heads" button when you have new heads of the gender you're using.
Improvements to map voting.
Fix In Game Store Image Stuttering when moving between images.
Fixes hardcore audio alias for kill confirmed.
Adds proper friendly alias for blitz friendly scoring.

New Features
New Game Mode - Reinforce:
Reinforce is a competitive round based game mode. When a player is killed that player will stay out of the game until someone on his team captures a control point. There are multiple ways to win. Capture and hold 2 control points, wipe out the enemy team, or capture all 3 flags for an instant victory.
Gun Game
Final kill now requires a throwing knife kill.
Players can scavenge throwing knives.

Extinction
Reduced the usability window of other items when deploying the Riot Shield.
Drill logic improvements.
Grenade Turret adjustments.

Xbox One Specific Update
In addition to the Title Update.

Fixed issue that allowed access to friends list in offline menus.

PlayStation 4 Specific Update
In addition to the Title Update.

Fixed the Out of Memory 12 issue.
Fixed issue with 2nd controller being unable to join a different Clan after accepting a Clan invitation.

gioGAF

I can't believe it took them that long to fix the Vepr ADS time. I'm still on every once in a while but I refuse to pay for DLC, so I'm only on standard maps. The only DLC thing I'm remotely interested in is the Ripper.

drotahorror

Hate the default maps so, If I had to choose between devastation or onslaught which one holds the better maps?

Imo it's either buy all DLC or nothing. You really split up your matchmaking if you don't. In BO2 me and some friends had the first map pack and eventually had to just remove it due to not finding any lobbies. We already have issues with Ghosts by not having any of the DLC.

SeanR1221

So the new maps are good, huh?

Kinda getting bored of BF. I'd be willing to grab the season pass if they are better than the default ones.

stack9902

Banned
they are better than the default ones, that's not saying much, but they are better.

While some are better, I do like alot of the original maps too (with the exception of siege and stormfront, two of the campiest, in my experience), but the season pass is worth it on this, because of the content you get with it and so far the two map packs have been very good.

SeanR1221

Loving the new maps. I really like the ripper as well.

Any tips on classes?

I tend to like assault rifles and take a slow and steady approach. Check out one area, move on the perimeter and check out another. I'm not a run and gun guy, that just gets me killed faster.

Apoc87

Banned
Can anyone tell me how to get better at this game. I play domination, kill confirmed, and free for all.

Main weapons are honey badger and msbs.

Came back from a long hiatus and I'm having like 2-20 games.

Any tips

Top Bottom