• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare cover? Legacy Ver includes Modern Warfare remastered?

MP would be hard to have though. You'd be splitting the community either way. But the same goes if they include a legacy playerlists and infinite warfare playlist. I guess next week well find out unless we get more leaks.

I don't see the point without multiplayer that's what everyone wants is to play cod4 and mw2 multiplayer.

I'm hoping for infinite warfare to be the campaign and some type of mash up for multiplayer of the modern warfare games.

With titanfall 2 hopefully coming this year that's about the only thing that can get me to buy cod. I don't even play single player anymore.

Recall

Playing Headquarters on Shipment level with the Martyrdom perk equipped is still one of my fondest memories with friends. Utter chaos!

I hope we can buy it seperately.

This. I don't imagine I'll want to buy Infinite Warfare.

There's pretty much no fucking way Infinite Warfare will be as well designed as MW1. I say this with confidence because they've tried to equal/surpass it every year since releasing MW1 and have failed miserably.

So is this a new Call of Duty game or a compilation of all CoD games made by Infinity Ward so far?

Kinda confused by the Legacy Edition.

Turkoop

Banned
This. I don't imagine I'll want to buy Infinite Warfare.

There's pretty much no fucking way Infinite Warfare will be as well designed as MW1. I say this with confidence because they've tried to equal/surpass it every year since releasing MW1 and have failed miserably.

I'm totally not interested into Infinite Warfare, for me there's only BF5

Alienous

So is this a new Call of Duty game or a compilation of all CoD games made by Infinity Ward so far?

Kinda confused by the Legacy Edition.

It seems like the Legacy Edition is Infinite Warfare + Modern Warfare Remastered.

Presumably there's a standard edition that just includes Infinite Warfare. 'Legacy Edition' might just be their name for the pre-order edition (previously Call of Duty has had a 'Day Zero Edition', for instance), which comes with MWR.

No fucking way they would release a Modern Warfare remaster without multiplayer. I know a lot of GAF forgets that some games were actually made for multiplayer, but come on, guys.

Oh, and I'm in. Beyond COD 2, the OG Modern Warfare was the only Call of Duty I ever really loved.

pull-me-back-in.gif

MP would be hard to have though. You'd be splitting the community either way. But the same goes if they include a legacy playerlists and infinite warfare playlist. I guess next week well find out unless we get more leaks.

Who cares if they splitting the player base? Activision don't. They'd be making money off both.

It's call of duty. You not going to be struggling to find matches in either. So not sure why people are bothered about splitting the player base.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Remaster AND the new game!? Shit....is it the whole modern warfare series or just 1 i wonder?

And will it be sold separately?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
ChDUxcvWUAEyNfW.png:orig

Apparently this is on Reddit (trying to find where), could be a fake?

Edit: Though the "Remastered" is different here than on the picture in the OP.

WWI or WWII, no matter what, when Dice makes it, I'm day one.

Dont get me wrong I've been playing Battlefield literally from day one and i'm a huge fan... but after BF3 and BF4 i'll never day-one one of their games again. Though i'm excited to see what actually happens with BF5.

nillah

Banned
If that's true, and it includes the multiplayer, they must have been high fiving in board rooms when someone thought of that.

They know everyone would rather play CoD4, so to let you play a nicer looking version of it, they make you buy the more expensive edition of their latest game which you don't care about. Bravo Activision, bravo.

Seems like a win win because I am curious about IW's new Call of Duty and how far off into the future they went with it

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
If true, this makes a lot of sense.

- Modern Warfare is an Infinity Ward title (albeit a very different IW...)

- This would slightly appease the fans growing weary of more futuristic gameplay (if the "space combat" thing is true)

- Splitting the player base wouldn't be a big deal; MW came out nearly a decade ago and I'm sure a number of kids into CoD these days never even played it. They'll stick with the new (cheaper, non-premium) installment and the vets will be pulled back in by the classic gameplay of the original.

If I were in charge (and luckily I'm not), I'd release Modern Warfare Trilogy a la Mortal Kombat Trilogy; all maps, all weapons, all killstreaks, remastered in one package. What a fuckfest that would be.

I think that's fake; it's the same Typography for 'Call of Duty' as Advanced Warfare, whereas Activision has used different type-settings between games.

Plus weren't the rumors of MW backwards compatibility, not being remastered?

Alienous

I think that's fake; it's the same Typography for 'Call of Duty' as Advanced Warfare, whereas Activision has used different type-settings between games.

Wrong.

Look particularly at the 'U'. Even aside from that they are actually quite different.

hydruxo

If it's a campaign only remaster then I could care less, but if it is MP then I'm all in. CoD4 MP was (and still is) incredible.

Jake2by4

If it bc for x1, where does that leave the ps4? Seeing as they have a partnership with Sony.

Daffy Duck

It's not the same typography as AW.

Even if it's a fake, it did let Activision know a bit about how good it would do in the market.
Considering their resources, couldn't they pull off a remaster off in time?

what the fuck would be the point of a campaign only remaster

everyone plays multiplayer

Honest, watch it be just campaign only... Just because. .. Well just because they don't want you to play the old multiplayer where they can't sell you microtransactions, but the new one they can.

If it's campaign only, Activision will probably never comment as to why they didn't do the multiplayer either. But the above reason will be why.

I'll happily eat my own hat if I'm wrong.

Anarckhy

Neo Member
Someone said this on Reddit, but I believe Todd Alderman came back to IW to rework on the remaster, before taking off again. If that's how it looks like, then this pretty much confirms it's real. Plus Shinobi already gave us the intel from before on the futuristic setting, and now we've gotten it. Also Shinobi if you can confirm that it includes MP pweez?

Top Bottom