• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare cover? Legacy Ver includes Modern Warfare remastered?

Pastry

Banned
Sounds dreadful. Resistance was horrid as well. Alternate history WWI/II is of no interest to me. If forced to wager id say it wasn't appealing to the majority of BF/CoD players either. What 15-25 year old (i believe this is Activision's target demo, correct me if wrong) wants to go that route vs the hyper fast, enhanced movement, crazy weapons, epic neon skins and costumes etc. that this near-future/future path leads. Who knows... but i cant see a WWI (even alternate history) game with double jump, wall running players cloaked in customized gold camo armor battling each other.

This seems like a fundamental misunderstanding of why people play Battlefield games. BF and CoD can coexist, they're very different and always have been.

karma2578

It's Activision, you know that remaster will be available separately at some point. So if you only want that don't fall for the bait

This seems like a fundamental misunderstanding of why people play Battlefield games. BF and CoD can coexist, they're very different and always have been.

Of course they're different on a base level; however, they've been getting close and closer every iteration. I'm just saying i cant see them going archaic trench, gas, bolt-action rifle when everyone else in the AAA FPS industry is going future tech, enhanced movement, crazy hero-shooter customization etc.

Give me my x3 Frags, Stopping Power, Dead Silence, silenced P90 and Desert Eagle class and I'll show anyone under the age of 14 why they should have never wished to play Call of Duty 4.

Alienous

If they include COD4MP then no one will play CODIW MP and thus no one will buy supply drops.

Nobody will play it anyway. Look at Ghosts or Advance Warfare.

People will go back to previous Call of Duty's. At least this way they can monetize it.

People are saying that CoD4 MP won't be available, but....... there is a Call of Duty Online free to play game in some countries that already have all the CoD 4 maps with slighty better graphics.

Just throwing it out there, but Activision has done this before.
81gh3jTyzuL._SL1500_.jpg

latest
Multiplayer was included.

People are saying that CoD4 MP won't be available, but....... there is a Call of Duty Online free to play game in some countries that already have all the CoD 4 maps with slighty better graphics.

I'd rather not play a game in Chinese with 400 ping though. CoD Online is actually great. Needs to come out in the west though.

I'd rather not play a game in Chinese with 400 ping though. CoD Online is actually great. Needs to come out in the west though.

I see no reason why they won't include the MP. It's already done, and we are paying. Chineses are playing for free....

Activision wants money.... so.....

Alienous

The game would've sold without the remaster. Internet fandom is a small minority.

Call of Duty sales have been declining. It isn't just a small minority who have grown exceedingly tired of the franchise.

This is a calculated move to win people back.

Tankard

Only COD 4 will be remastered? If MW2 is in the mix and with multiplayer this is gonna be my first remaster purchase of this generation.

Call of Duty sales have been declining. It isn't just a small minority who have grown exceedingly tired of the franchise.

Black Ops 3 was the best selling video game of 2015, not sure how its sold relative to other entries but afaik it has sold better than the previous two CODs.

kuYuri

It's been declining for years. It's franchise fatigue, plain and simple. No way in hell will a god damn remaster spike sales up anymore than they already have. If anything, the number of PS4s and Xbox One in homes will be the driving factor in sales.

Oh man
If they bring the MP it needs to have dedis, and without the God awful patch that included infinite sprint. Completely ruined the flow of the game.

What if MW Remastered comes with SP only, but you can unlock the multiplayer with a random drop in supply drops?

Activision will make all the money.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Calling it, COD4 MW1 campaign remaster with entirely upgraded graphics in the current gen version of the engine, multiplayer to have all or a 'greatest hits' collection of MW trilogy maps in the same basic gameplay style of COD4.

If they throw in MW3's version of firefight, that would be a bargain.

karma2578

Excited, runs home with infinite warfare

Ignores game disc and inputs remaster code and downloads

Starts up remastered MW

Want to play this map? Yours for only £3.99

Hip Hop

I still stand by my theory that his is going to be some sort of "reboot" of Call of Duty where it becomes a game-as-service.
They'll lose a ton of money if they make it the primary source, instead of getting players to pay the $60 like they do every year, along with a $50 season pass and microtransactions.

But maybe one could work alongside main yearly releases?

Top Bottom