• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare cover? Legacy Ver includes Modern Warfare remastered?

Menitta

Except for Cod 4, the idea of a modern day shooter getting a remaster makes me upset. It's the most played out style of game of the last generation. That, to me, is like anti-progress.

So any idea when we will officially get details? These last few weeks have kinda spoiled any possible element of surprise, so idk why the wouldn't at least post a teaser to a teaser or something. I'll even take a countdown timer on a website.

Bizzquik

There is literally no amount Activision could charge for CoD4:MW Remaster multiplayer that I wouldn't pay.

And my friends will buy it, too. ...And you will probably buy it. And your friends. And WOW, that's a lot of money rolling in for nostalgia and back-to-basics CoD.
Smart move, Activision. Smart.

Ensoul

Rumor has it the only way to play MW is to get a code in a supply drop which allows you to download it.

Kidding of course, but seems like something that activison would do.

I'd prefer MW2 just so I can play with the F2000 again. But I didn't like the noob tube. Nonetheless this is exciting to think about.

EpicBox

Infinity War, eh?

NAh6jFz.jpg

Get a 10 kill streak to use the Tesseract!

I would hope they end up adding MW2 and MW3 in the future. Especially MW3, since I feel it has the most balanced MP of the trilogy. No juggernaut, no martydom, no stopping power, no nootoobs, etc.

I also loved the choice between 3 different killstreak sets. The support set helped potato players actually contribute to the team.

Until getting hyped for this remaster we should wait in what quality they deliver that...

If its a lazy PC port, no thanks.

Things need to be remastered. Animations, Models etc

Bolivar687

Banned
I would hope they end up adding MW2 and MW3 in the future. Especially MW3, since I feel it has the most balanced MP of the trilogy. No juggernaut, no martydom, no stopping power, no nootoobs, etc.

I also loved the choice between 3 different killstreak sets. The support set helped potato players actually contribute to the team.

I liked MW3 a lot too.

It didnt have the wow factor of the previous games but it was ridiculously addicting for some reason.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Except for Cod 4, the idea of a modern day shooter getting a remaster makes me upset. It's the most played out style of game of the last generation. That, to me, is like anti-progress.

To me, anti-progress is people with the naive notion that since they dont want something nobody else should either.

I wonder if the Legacy Edition is just the Day 1 preorder version or a higher priced version aside from the $60 base game.

I imagine it's the former, if they've got it on their pre-order merchandise. It's their selling point.

I would hope so, but the preorder card has the same gloss/holofoil as Target's Uncharted 4 preorder card for the collectors edition. Target doesn't use the holofoil for standard edition preorder cards.

m4st4

Modern Warfare = Single player only, they're not crazy enough to put multi out there when they need to sell Infinite Warfare, lol. Or are they?

Shauni

Call of Duty sales have been declining. It isn't just a small minority who have grown exceedingly tired of the franchise.

This is a calculated move to win people back.

The sales may have been declining, but its sales are still beastly year after year. Everyone said this same shit with BLOPS III and it still sold like crazy, and so will this game, even if the overall trend is down, and it would have with or without a MW remaster. Internet fandom is a small minority, we are not dictating anything.

There is a thing called map diversity, COD4 had it.
Overgrown could be played anyway you wanted but was a specialty sniper map.

Snipers haven't had legitimate use since MW2.

COD4 really did have some great map variety... take strike, wetwork, showdown, chinatown and creek for instance. All vastly different and each played amazingly well in their own different ways.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Modern Warfare = Single player only, they're not crazy enough to put multi out there when they need to sell Infinite Warfare, lol. Or are they?
I can see a lot players not liking COD4 MP for it being too.....hard? yes I know I don't believe I said that but BLOPS III is full of noobs getting of lucky kills with stupid shit Treyarch has introduced, especially with how stupidly easy Treyarch has made getting kills in BLOPS unless IW isn't like BLOPSIII then we might actually has a good CODMP again.

SOR5

If somebody asked me ten years ago whether I would miss the WW2 shooter genre this much, I wouldve cackled

They could resell the map packs from MW1 and it would probably sell better than newer map packs.

The only thing they would need to do is add in weapon skins, character skins, taunts etc. to keep their microtransactions in there.

If the core gameplay was the same, maps the same, mechanics, killstreaks etc then people would eat it up.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't think including MWs multiplayer would hurt the game too much at all for one reason, a lot of younger COD fanbase would very likely find it boring. It's very gun on gun with literally only 3 streaks, with only 2 of them being offensive. It always seemed to me that things really took off with MW2 for a lot of folks and how over the top it was and it's never really changed from that since then.

I think the new and old can coexist quite happily to be honest.

iMax

I would imagine the MW remaster will be single-player only, with its multiplayer maps playable in Infinite Warfare.

Overgrown was awful, sniper infested hellhole, same with bloc.

People hate those maps?

I love Bloc, the atmosphere on that map was fantastic. Overgrown was pretty fun as well. Nothing beats Crash but those maps were pretty good. Backlot was the only map I never cared for in the normal playlists.

I'm also wondering as some are here if the COD4:MW will be SP portion only.

Would be disappointing of course, but also make sense as it takes less time and resources this way plus they will try to push players toward the new game's MP.

They could resell the map packs from MW1 and it would probably sell better than newer map packs.

The only thing they would need to do is add in weapon skins, character skins, taunts etc. to keep their microtransactions in there.

If the core gameplay was the same, maps the same, mechanics, killstreaks etc then people would eat it up.

They need to keep that rubbish away from CoD 4.

But they wont :(

Top Bottom