• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare cover? Legacy Ver includes Modern Warfare remastered?

well this is excellent news. if ever a FPS game deserved a remaster, it would be MW; the game to which every multiplayer FPS game after Halo 2 has been measured.

I don't see a reason this would even be considered without the multiplayer, so assuming it's there we're winning bros.

Ambient80

OHHHH BABY

giphy.gif

PLEASE HAVE MULTIPLAYER!!

Lmao I love this

HiiiLife

Love how a CoD thread blows up when these classic multiplayer additions are speculated. Just shows how special CoD4 was for people. This and Halo 3 were truly my introduction to online gaming.

But it could be campaign only. Break my heart IW.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Love how a CoD thread blows up when these classic multiplayer additions are speculated. Just shows how special CoD4 was for people. This and Halo 3 were truly my introduction to online gaming.

Yup. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 hold a very special place in my heart. Right up there with the best gaming experiences of all time, Halo 3, The Last of Us, Bioshock...etc.

Would you guys like some hype material in form of screenshots? I've replayed MW1 and MW2 recently and I took some screenshots at maxed out settings.

A COD 4 Remaster is the ONLY way they'd get me to buy into COD infnishite. I'm still hoping that we can buy the (rumoured) COD 4 remaster separately

Shauni

Hans Zimmer at his finest. Classic Modern Warfare (trilogy) will absolutely steal the show this fall. Very unfortunate for Infinite Warfare.

Infinite Warfare will still sell gangbusters. I know it's a big thing to think COD is on some death march, but the games still sell like crazy despite an overall decline, and a remastered collection isn't going to stop that this year.

SilentRob

The only thing I take away from this is that I'll have to get the Mile High Club Achievement a second time.

This is the worst news.

Newlove

A COD 4 Remaster is the ONLY way they'd get me to buy into COD infnishite. I'm still hoping that we can buy the (rumoured) COD 4 remaster separately

Urgh, come on, isn't it way too early to call Infinite Warfare shite? Have you played it and seen the reviews already?

T-Rex.

Banned
I jumped on the CoD4 train just as it was ending pretty much (was hooked on Resistance Fall of Man) so this news has made me very happy. Pls have multiplayer as well.

J-Roderton

This. I'd be all over it.

Urgh, come on, isn't it way too early to call Infinite Warfare shite? Have you played it and seen the reviews already?

I have a feeling its going to be just like AW and BO3 - wall running, boosting , tribe-esque crap - a world apart from MW 1 - 3 and BO 1 + 2. I bought every COD up to and including AW. I detested AW, and saw that BO3 was in the same ball park and never bought it - im done with this futuristic bullshit COD, so I'm intrigued about this COD 4 remaster..............

Here's the hype material. Honestly, they don't even need to remaster the graphics, it holds up very well. Just do 1080p/60 and it's good:

More in the full album: http://imgur.com/a/EVFIo

Tons of trick for the engine to make mood lightning and gun model feel dated.

The need to rework entirely the lightning without changing the mood to much, update gun model and background, in 2007 some were jarring on PC straight up from PS2 haha especially that level where you infiltrate by day the missile silo the mountain wallpaper was so terrible

Ashhong

What a time to be alive, it's really happening. Please have multiplayer, please, I need this IW and Activision. Do whatever you want with the new CoDs, but please, don't screw this up. I'm so thirsty for old CoD.

I mean, it's almost like being alive in 2007...

RoKKeR

Exactly the same for me. Those two games are what got me into not only online gaming, but the gaming industry and community as a whole. Always happy to revisit them.

Top Bottom