• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

I really hope DMZ mode uses Mexico, the two GW maps there are far more interesting than the Middle East ones. It’s just nice to have a game set in a location we haven’t seen 1000 times.

Salz01

I present to you, the absolutely shittiest weapon in the whole game:
ftac-1-1200x675.jpg

Outperformed by many other guns at long range? CHECK!
Inconsistent at mid range? SURE!
Useless piece of shit - "you are already dead bro" - at short range? ABSOLUTELY
Cockblocks you from the hurricane SMG? RIGHTY RIGHT!

Leveling this trash feels like torture.
I take it you haven’t tried the Lachman 762 yet if you think the ftac is trash.

VinnyMac

Honestly third person MP has me hooked the rest is meh to me. Haven't played coop waiting on a buddy to get it and played the first mission of SP so can't really speak on it just yet. I'm a big fan of the ps5 triggers for this game perfect integration.

SkylineRKR

Yes but you need the right mods for it.

• Muzzle: Sakin Tread-40
  • Barrel: 15.9″ Lachmann Rapp Barrel
  • Stock: FT Mobile Stock
  • Rear Grip: Lachmann TCG-10
  • Optic: Cronen Mini Red Dot
  • Receiver: Lachmann-762

Even when the weapon was naked I did reasonably well. The mods I have, because of availability, are, Polarfire (+range), Lachmann Rapp, meer recoil, Kazan Holo and Ripper underbarrel. Its decent enough from long range. 20 rounds base absolutely helps. You likely don't need to reload after 2 or 3 kills.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Even when the weapon was naked I did reasonably well. The mods I have, because of availability, are, Polarfire (+range), Lachmann Rapp, meer recoil, Kazan Holo and Ripper underbarrel. Its decent enough from long range. 20 rounds base absolutely helps. You likely don't need to reload after 2 or 3 kills.
I think the comments show a 50/50 between ftac and lachmann, let's just agree they're both absolute trash.

SP-R is where it's at 😍

calistan

Gold Member
I can't believe they removed any way to check your stats or review previous games. You can only see the leaderboard for a few seconds at the end of a match or in the lobby while searching for the next match. After that, it's like it never happened.

If it's intended to stop people padding their K/D by camping in objective games, it's not working. Kill Confirmed often has guys at the top of the losing team's leaderboard with 25 kills and 5 confirms. That weapon XP is motivation enough to get kills and not play for the team.

Hoppa

Enjoying it so far! I'm not an FPS guy at all so didn't expect to have a chance in multiplayer but I'm not doing too bad! Still getting used to the maps though.

Playing on PS5 - I've got a weird thing in high detail areas where the image quality gets really sharp in motion but then goes back to normal when I stop moving - is this normal? Not that big of an issue I've just never seen it before..I got a newish monitor and this might be the first game I've played in 120fps, might have something to do with that..

I’ve only skimmed the thread but I came to say “is anyone else really underwhelmed with the MP maps?” and it seems like a few are.

I don’t get how maps like Taraq made it in - it looks unfinished and there didn’t seem to be any flow to the combat at all- it was just a clusterfuck and not a fun one. Am I way off on this?

Last edited:
Lachman 7.62 has been a beast for me, i've not tried to level the FTAC yet.
The Lachman with the first suppressor and the first barrel unlock with a red dot is really nice. nearly maxed it out. 2 shots to kill easy to aim its nice.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Lachman 7.62 has been a beast for me, i've not tried to level the FTAC yet.
The Lachman with the first suppressor and the first barrel unlock with a red dot is really nice. nearly maxed it out. 2 shots to kill easy to aim its nice.
Just got gold camo for it - and it's been the worst gun I've completed yet. I have ~10 gold camos.

2nd match of tdm and I'm against full lvl 55 gold gun gods who are bunny hopping ninja jumping like crazy . I know sbmm but come the fuck on its my 2nd game for godsake

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
2nd match of tdm and I'm against full lvl 55 gold gun gods who are bunny hopping ninja jumping like crazy . I know sbmm but come the fuck on its my 2nd game for godsake
If its just your second game the SBMM hasn't decided where to put you yet

Sadly even if I have 2 or 3 good games SBMM swings so wildly I get put in those lobbies for several matches.

While I love putting up a great game I also know I am going to endure a lot of pain coming up

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ewwwwwww I’m leveling a sniper now. I can still play aggressive with the battle rifles & marskman rifles but snipers are sooooo different than how I play the game.

Might have to switch from 6v6 to Ground War or Invasion for this. Gross.

0neAnd0nly

This game deserves some game of the year attention. They packed a lot into it. Single player, co-op. traditional MP, and they basically added Battlefield to it with the new modes.

3rd person feels familiar and all new at the same time. Almost like having another whole online game packed in by itself.

They really did do a lot this time, and it should be celebrated!

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Wow, really liking the domination mode. How do I level and get new guns? Only in warzone?

Everything can be unlocked in regular mp. They have platform trees so for example you have to level the AK 762 which is the normal caliber to unlock the AK 545 which is the modified caliber but this only applies to a few guns.

If you like domination check out hardpoint mode.

Fitzchiv

I guess you could describe me as a 'casual gamer' these days, but having sunk a lot of time into Destiny 2 over last few years and back in the day being genuinely pretty good at CoD MW and MW2 i got presented with a weird moment of timing where I have two weeks break between jobs, and MW2 2022 landed.

I've not bothered with the campaign as it was the MP I wanted to have some fun with, and it's left me just pretty sad tbh. I'm not a bad player - not great, but not shit. There are sessions where I get so brutally fucked I wish MS did refunds. The game seems broken, even if it's just a case of shite matchmaking. Im not a run-and-gun player, I've always been a bit more tactical and enjoyed the cat and mouse as a sniper being hunted down etc, but fuck me this game is just so punishing for someone who can't spend 10hrs a day on it.

splattered

So did they remove the ability to shoot down the enemies care package helicopter? That's always been one of my favorite things to do in multiplayer haha I'm sure people are super salty when they work hard to get a care package and then I just nuked that s*** out of the sky

calistan

Gold Member
I guess you could describe me as a 'casual gamer' these days, but having sunk a lot of time into Destiny 2 over last few years and back in the day being genuinely pretty good at CoD MW and MW2 i got presented with a weird moment of timing where I have two weeks break between jobs, and MW2 2022 landed.

I've not bothered with the campaign as it was the MP I wanted to have some fun with, and it's left me just pretty sad tbh. I'm not a bad player - not great, but not shit. There are sessions where I get so brutally fucked I wish MS did refunds. The game seems broken, even if it's just a case of shite matchmaking. Im not a run-and-gun player, I've always been a bit more tactical and enjoyed the cat and mouse as a sniper being hunted down etc, but fuck me this game is just so punishing for someone who can't spend 10hrs a day on it.
That just doesn't match my experience of it so far in the slightest. The last time I was really into CoD was also the original MW2, and I eventually lost interest when they started including wall-running and dancing cyborgs. The last one I bought was MW 2019, which was good enough I suppose.

This one has been excellent for me so far. There's no way I'm spending 10 hours per day on it - more like one hour - but the matchmaking seems fair, I've won more than I've lost, I've done well on the objective modes. The only time I got frustrated with it was when I tried the Battlefield-style mode (ground war?). That was just chaos. I haven't used anything except the default loadout, and that M4 rifle + shotgun seems more than capable of killing most enemies before they kill me.

I'd recommend turning off most of the game types in the quick play menu, and sticking with hardpoint and kill confirmed. Those are super fun, and generally easy to get near the top of the leaderboard if you don't camp.

DoomGyver

The sbmm is too strict. Also I think part of the current skill gap problem is the fact that most of the sweaty warzone players are playing og 6v6 and groundwar in order to unlock the guns. Once WZ 2.0 comes out I bet things will normalize again in the 6v6 modes.

The amount of times I start a match, look down on my phone while waiting for it to load only to be annoyed at why it’s taking so long. Look back up at my TV and see this.

FvJufIO.jpg

Fuck this pointless ass screen. This UI is such trash.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The amount of times I start a match, look down on my phone while waiting for it to load only to be annoyed at why it’s taking so long. Look back up at my TV and see this.

FvJufIO.jpg

Fuck this pointless ass screen. This UI is such trash.
I dunno how many times I have done the same thing

SteadyEvo

Spawns have always been a little unpredictable. If I see teammates going one way, I go the opposite. Chances are the opposing team is spawning behind us.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
How is it compared to MW19?

Better/worse guns?
What about the maps?

Top Bottom