• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 |OT2|

MarshMellow96 said:
The weapons and the hit detection were what stopped me playing, to be quite honest.
You've got to be kidding, right? I've literally unloaded an entire clip into someone in Black Ops and missed every shot when I followed his movements perfectly. That doesn't ever happen in Modern Warfare 2. It's just the better game.

legacyzero

Banned
MarshMellow96 said:
The weapons and the hit detection were what stopped me playing, to be quite honest.

I had forgotten how bad the Hit detection was considering I primarily run around with Ghost Pro and a Silenced Spas. Lots of lives have been taken :)

Untracked

The way I see it the whole point of Perks is to unbalance the game.
Infinity Ward makes a game, then Treyarch listens to what players are bitching about and remove it for their version.
Sound-whoring, Quickscoping, Stopping Power, Kill-Streak stacking etc. They removed stuff to the point where Black Op's was just too dull for me, but I can see why different types of players like it. I love the chaos of MW2, there's nothing else like it.

legacyzero

Banned
Kotomi said:
You've got to be kidding, right? I've literally unloaded an entire clip into someone in Black Ops and missed every shot when I followed his movements perfectly. That doesn't ever happen in Modern Warfare 2. It's just the better game.

Isn't Blops what he's talking about? Am I missing the context?

Kotomi said:

Noooo! I meant that's why I stopped playing BO and went back to MW2. :p

I'm getting killed by people using their shotgun secondaries indoors, explosives etc, but not by poor hit detection. MW2 feels really sharp by comparison.

Makoto

Kotomi said:
You've got to be kidding, right? I've literally unloaded an entire clip into someone in Modern Warfare 2 PC and missed every shot when I followed his movements perfectly. That doesn't ever happen in Black Ops PC. It's just the better game.

Just kidding, I'm not even able to play MW2 on PC because it can't find a proper group of players because P2P matchmaking is a fucking joke once the playerbase is gone. I don't have that problem in Black Ops. It's just the better game.

Ovid

Kotomi said:
Yes. That's why I never liked that game.

Sethos

Banned
The weapons in Black Ops feel a bit loose, they lack that magical feel to them and the hit detection does seem to have a bit to do with it. MW2 is a lot sharper but that game is just ruined by the rock down a hill syndrome, once a player gets a lucky start, he's hard to stop because of all the BS killstreaks. MW3 would be day 1 if they could combine the IW sharp feeling of the weapons and the more down to earth gameplay of Treyarch.

How does the auto-aim work on the 360 version? People always seem to 'pop' onto me and blow me away while I'm struggling to hit them.

Also - I've switched to inverted... I'm sucking, but I could get better with it. Is it worth sticking with?

adelante

Sethos said:
The weapons in Black Ops feel a bit loose, they lack that magical feel to them and the hit detection does seem to have a bit to do with it. MW2 is a lot sharper but that game is just ruined by the rock down a hill syndrome, once a player gets a lucky start, he's hard to stop because of all the BS killstreaks. MW3 would be day 1 if they could combine the IW sharp feeling of the weapons and the more down to earth gameplay of Treyarch.
That I agree with, but also the fact that controls just feels a lot smoother than BlackOps, something I immediately noticed when I gott back into MW2 couple days ago. And I prefer the maps in there as well. Plenty of elevation changes and flanking opportunities; don't really like how the maps in BlackOps are mostly flat and consists of too many chokepoints.

BO has serious lag issues. MW2 has Commando, Danger Close, One Man Army, Wasteland, Estate and Nuke.

I'll take the lag issues. Thank you.

jonremedy

MarshMellow96 said:
How does the auto-aim work on the 360 version? People always seem to 'pop' onto me and blow me away while I'm struggling to hit them.

Also - I've switched to inverted... I'm sucking, but I could get better with it. Is it worth sticking with?

Why? Is inverted supposed to be a better control system? I doubt it has any bearing at all on how you play if you're the same skill in either inverted or non-inverted...

Red UFO said:
Can somebody please explain why One Man Army is such a big problem please?

It's the ONLY broken perk in the game.

It let's you refill all your ammo/equipment. So people take a grenade launcher attachment, staring camping in a corner & shooting across the map. Then they select OMA to refill those grenades & repeat over & over, shooting at the same spot & never moving.

Honestly, it isn't too bad unless they're propiping in a objective game. Then it's 100% broken.

jonremedy said:
Why? Is inverted supposed to be a better control system? I doubt it has any bearing at all on how you play if you're the same skill in either inverted or non-inverted...

I don't know, I used to play with it back in the day on PC and stuff. It feels sort of more natural to me, but at the same time it's taking some getting used to. I don't remember why I switched.. it's probably because most games don't have inverted as default.

Basically, I feel like I could play better with it if I can get past the hump. Right now I'm at the 'if I go back to normal it will weird' phase.

Played some MW2 over the long weekend.

Sadly, stick a fork in it, its done. TDM at least. Love, this game so sad its over for me. TDM is unplayable, group running, entire teams turtling in one building or small area, the camping is the worst its ever been, ever.

Keep in mind I actually got my KD up over the weekend and played well but the spirit of the game is dead. Sucks. It was a good couple of years.

Tkawsome said:
BO has serious lag issues. MW2 has Commando, Danger Close, One Man Army, Wasteland, Estate and Nuke.

Don't really have any lag issues with BO on PC. MW2 always has lag due to being peer to peer while BO has server support. BO on PC frankly plays so much better without bullshit constant kill lag found in MW2.

Got back to this game this weekend, and.... second verse same as the first. Every room (360 version) just overflowing with OMA tubers, QSing Interventions, and Tact Knife Commandos. Spawns putting me in places where I died before I even had control of my guy.

The lag in BLOPS makes me rage.... this stuff, I just feel complete apathy towards and quit after a few games. Sucks as I like the levels and gun selection better than BLOPS. Funny that after these last two CoD, that they feel that now is a good time to start the $8 CoD elite stuff all the while going against BF3 this fall. Of course, no way do I predict they lose that fight. Ill never underestimate the beast that is CoD.

TheApatheticOne said:
Got back to this game this weekend, and.... second verse same as the first. Every room (360 version) just overflowing with OMA tubers, QSing Interventions, and Tact Knife Commandos. Spawns putting me in places where I died before I even had control of my guy.

The lag in BLOPS makes me rage.... this stuff, I just feel complete apathy towards and quit after a few games. Sucks as I like the levels and gun selection better than BLOPS. Funny that after these last two CoD, that they feel that now is a good time to start the $8 CoD elite stuff all the while going against BF3 this fall. Of course, no way do I predict they lose that fight. Ill never underestimate the beast that is CoD.

Exactly, I have 12 days playtime in on this game. I assure you only the very bottom of the barrel is left in MW2, it's like a wasteland. It's a shame. I played through it all weekend not just a few games.

I also agree with you about the tubing, basically whats left is the people that enjoyed pro tubing, QSing and other exploits bu entire play lists full of them.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
>implying you should play CoD after 4
>implying CoD hasn't been shit after 4
>implying you shouldn't be playing better shooters after CoD4.

There's your problem, guys. CoD6/MW2 should've been the wake-up slap for you to bail on the series.

BattleMonkey said:
Don't really have any lag issues with BO on PC. MW2 always has lag due to being peer to peer while BO has server support. BO on PC frankly plays so much better without bullshit constant kill lag found in MW2.

Don't go to the PS3 version then. What a mess.

TheApatheticOne said:
Sell your 360 and get a PS3. That stuff rarely occurs now. I play Hardcore TDM, Mercenary TDM and regular TDM and the only thing you'll run into is an occasional team of OMA tubers. But it's mostly normal now.

kuYuri

TheSeks said:
>implying you should play CoD after 4
>implying CoD hasn't been shit after 4
>implying you shouldn't be playing better shooters after CoD4.

There's your problem, guys. CoD6/MW2 should've been the wake-up slap for you to bail on the series.
Get the fuck out of my thread with this shit.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Tkawsome said:

It also features 'guns whos bullets hit' and maps named 'not nuketown'. mw2 all day.

Untracked

I hate Wasteland so much.

MW2 also features Stopping Power in the same Perk slot as Cold-Blooded. Giving players something decent to choose other than Ghost, which lessens the Cold-Blooded camping and makes the UAV somewhat useful.

Untracked said:
I hate Wasteland so much.

MW2 also features Stopping Power in the same Perk slot as Cold-Blooded. Giving players something decent to choose other than Ghost, which lessens the Cold-Blooded camping and makes the UAV somewhat useful.

Flack Jacket is crazy good. I'm almost always a stealth player so I used Ghost for a long time, but once I made the change it's really hard to go back.

Untracked

Tkawsome said:
Flack Jacket is crazy good. I'm almost always a stealth player so I used Ghost for a long time, but once I made the change it's really hard to go back.
I was like that with Ninja Pro in MW2. I couldn't stand the sound of my own feet but I recently unlocked SitRep Pro and haven't looked back. Occasionally I'll run into someone with a Heartbeat Sensor who's onto me, but I can hear them coming from so far away it's hilarious.
None of the Cod's are perfect IMO, but I think they'd all be a bit less interesting to play if there was nothing to bitch about.

Ovid

Kotomi said:
Sell your 360 and get a PS3. That stuff rarely occurs now. I play Hardcore TDM, Mercenary TDM and regular TDM and the only thing you'll run into is an occasional team of OMA tubers. But it's mostly normal now.
MW2 on the PS3 is too easy. Xbox is way more challenging.

zeelman

I am a tube magnet when I play this game. Last night before I joined a friend playing this, I sent him a message, "having fun being tubed?"

He said "no tubes!" So I join him, and the tubes start flying. We even got nuked by a guy named "Atomic Dumper."

All my best rounds in this were when people didn't tube the whole time. Its too bad every round is like that now. :(

jgminto

I'm actually really enjoying MW2 right now. Yeah it's less balanced than Black Ops but it's way more exciting. The guns and equipment just feel so much better. Can't wait for MW3.

tsigo

Lately on 360 I've seen a lot of people that have no rank icon, it's just a green/brown-ish empty tile. Anyone know what that's about?

jgminto said:
I'm actually really enjoying MW2 right now. Yeah it's less balanced than Black Ops but it's way more exciting. The guns and equipment just feel so much better. Can't wait for MW3.
I agree, Black Ops did things right but also had things which felt really off, like the worse net code or wonkey bullet collisions either hitting and killing thin air or shooting through an arm with no damage, if I had to choose one for MP after playing both I would honestly stick with MW2 for the fun factor.

LQX

Such a long term disservice was done to the PC version by not allowing dedicated servers. Still have a hell of a time connecting. I now just give up most times which sucks as I like this better than Ops.

hlhbk

I searched some of this thread and didn't see this posted. I am having an issue in MW2 only for PC where the normal sounds such as the music and guns sound normal but the voices volume is really low.

I am using windows 7 with a create audigy xtreme sound card, all the volume settings are all the way up. I am using the tritton 5.1 headset and have tried both stereo and 5.1 settings with the same results. I have tried running the game in xp compat mode with the same results.

Again this is the only game this is present. Any ideas?

kuYuri

hlhbk said:
I searched some of this thread and didn't see this posted. I am having an issue in MW2 only for PC where the normal sounds such as the music and guns sound normal but the voices volume is really low.

I am using windows 7 with a create audigy xtreme sound card, all the volume settings are all the way up. I am using the tritton 5.1 headset and have tried both stereo and 5.1 settings with the same results. I have tried running the game in xp compat mode with the same results.

Again this is the only game this is present. Any ideas?

Your issue is very specific, have you considered asking in places like IW's message boards or on the Steam forums?

I finally played this game last night after not touching it since October 2010, when there was about 2 weeks left before Black Ops.

Turns out I was level 46 on prestige #7. I dusted off my old One Man Army Danger Close class in Ground War.

First game: 24-0 on Highrise. Lawls. I would have had more if the other team wasn't smart and holed up in the building with no window ceiling while I had my AC-130 out. In a fucked up way, I kind of missed the air-support insanity/easy-mode nature of this game. It is a nice change of pace from Black Ops.

Also, it seems that when I quit, I stopped at 9,999 Spas-12 kills. I got my first kill and it said I was at 10,000. I thought that was pretty neat.

But after an entire night of playing, the only thing I really feel this game has over Black Ops is bullet hit detection. I definitely wasn't the only one tubing. Tubes were flying all over every game. I didn't see a lot of Mad Hatter knifers or Spas-12 freaks, though. Also, now that I've played both, I do think killstreak stacking is the better way to go. I liked Treyarch's idea that only your guns can add to the streak, but I do think the killstreaks should add to the streak. It would make the games faster-paced. Considering how powerful Ghost Pro is in that game, it wouldn't be hard to take down the bigger air-support killstreaks. A lot of TDM's on Black Ops end at the time-limit.

If this game had a bit more air-support balance, no One Man Army or Commando, no quickscoping or the glitch that makes locked-on Stingers miss the air-support, this game would have been perfect. I'm going into MW3 with cautious optimism.

replaying this game after one year... Man... i loved search and destroy... now it's completely screwed cause of all those quickscopers... Horrible. Team deathmatch is still ok though

Izayoi

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
First game: 24-0 on Highrise. Lawls. I would have had more if the other team wasn't smart and holed up in the building with no window ceiling while I had my AC-130 out. In a fucked up way, I kind of missed the air-support insanity/easy-mode nature of this game. It is a nice change of pace from Black Ops.
EHHHH, EASY MODO

Call of Duty is great because of the huge amount of idiots who play it.

Coming back after something like Bad Company 2, it always feels nice to mop the floor with them.

kuYuri

AnEternalEnigma said:
If this game had a bit more air-support balance, no One Man Army or Commando, no quickscoping or the glitch that makes locked-on Stingers miss the air-support, this game would have been perfect. I'm going into MW3 with cautious optimism.

This seems to only occur with Harriers, one solution that was pointed out to me that seems to prevent this is to lock-on, but start moving your Stinger sights away from the Harrier as you fire the missile. Since doing this, I only miss like 5% of the time.

Also, it's already been confirmed that Commando and One Man Army are not in MW3.

I popped this in last night after playing Black Ops on PC in 1080p for the past five-six months, and you know what? MW2, even in 720p on consoles is superior.

Izayoi

Banned
24FrameDaVinci said:
I popped this in last night after playing Black Ops on PC in 1080p for the past five-six months, and you know what? MW2, even in 720p on consoles is superior.
What. I disagree.

mxgt

Banned
24FrameDaVinci said:

Except it's not 720p on consoles.

Top Bottom