• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta netcode was worse than Black Ops 4, Battlefield 5, Fortnite or PUBG.

Digity

Yep and then you watch the killcam and you see that you never actually made it to the wall on his screen. Pretty frustrating, but CoD has kind of always been like this sadly.
It’s rather annoying. Thought this was going to be the cod I’d finally pickup for the first time in years.........nope lol.

Caffeine

How does this happen? They've been making these games for ages.
I assume most of the networking guys are short term contractual workers and they get cycled out each game. Each new guy is being payed to make functional not perfect.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Every beta is running lower netcodes, they don't want that at launch, betas are self-inspections, and now they have a month or two to make repairs.

Phase

Infinity Ward just assured on Reddit that they are indeed looking into the netcode and improving:

Yeah, sure...
orly.gif

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
CoD netcode has been dumpster tier since the og blackops introduced it's cancerous version of "lag compensation"

All it did was make player models lag behind their actual position giving them huge advantages when pushing corners. Immediately felt it in the MW beta and could see a player having a full second to find see and shoot me when I would get less then .2 of a second to react.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
CoD netcode has been dumpster tier since the og blackops introduced it's cancerous version of "lag compensation"

All it did was make player models lag behind their actual position giving them huge advantages when pushing corners. Immediately felt it in the MW beta and could see a player having a full second to find see and shoot me when I would get less then .2 of a second to react.
Is that the reason why I always felt Black Ops 1 was the first Call of Duty game where it seemed the hit boxes were biggest?

Always felt like I could spray a room with an AK47 and get hits with that loud thud hit marker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom