• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

J-Roderton

It let me play the training mode on that tiny map while it was downloading/updating. Guns seem to actually have more recoil this time. Niiiice.

the maps range from great to terrifuckingbull

They should of just copied the maps from mw1/2 and called it a day ....people would of been much happier

The main issue i have with the maps is that the TTK is much shorter than other cods and some of the new maps are swiss cheese maps
compound that with everyone sounding like they are elephants unless they use the dead silence field upgrade or crouch or camp everywhere it gets grating real quick

They should of just copied the maps from mw1/2 and called it a day ....people would of been much happier

The main issue i have with the maps is that the TTK is much shorter than other cods and some of the new maps are swiss cheese maps
compound that with everyone sounding like they are elephants unless they use the dead silence field upgrade or crouch or camp everywhere it gets grating real quick

I'm not really complaining but the map in London "pickadildodilly" or something along those lines..I'm really not feelin that one.

Shmunter

yeah, pretty complex and hard to learn. But we'll manage I guess. It's a good thing that I don't know every map in and out after a single weekend.
Getting that B flag on domination when the other team is holding is certainly stuff of miracles. But being the ones holding it is entertaining. Smoke is essential.

Last edited:
That cave map is so bad. So many ways in and out, random buildings, windows everywhere....you get killed from all directions. It's hilarious that they originally wanted the game not to have a mini map.

Caffeine

that puts me at downloading 170GBs for this game with this 3GB patch. they trying to make me overage on data cap or something this month :p

yeah, pretty complex and hard to learn. But we'll manage I guess. It's a good thing that I don't know every map in and out after a single weekend.

I hear you, I'm still learning. My go to is SMG and shotgun combo so I tend to memorize the sweet spots quicker by running n gunning 🤜💪

Overall sweet maps 🔥

3GB patch on Xbox. Any patch notes?

They deff had to tone it down that bum ass 50. Cal sniper shotgun, dudes picking up kills like they were running with SMG's.

Annnnd "Unable to access online services."
My internet is fine. This is not fun. I dont think I can even blame my XB1 for this. I blame the CoD devs.

Mista

Banned
Definitely the best campaign in cods history! Was intense and so dark that it kept me on edge the whole time

When Price was sitting at the table forming the new 1-4-1 he asked for Soap and Simon Riley a.k.a Ghost. The hype that ran through my body was unreal!
Now is spec ops the exclusive PS mode for a year or something else? Because if it is then that’s fucking stupid. How can I continue the story now?

Caffeine

Definitely the best campaign in cods history! Was intense and so dark that it kept me on edge the whole time

When Price was sitting at the table forming the new 1-4-1 he asked for Soap and Simon Riley a.k.a Ghost. The hype that ran through my body was unreal!
Now is spec ops the exclusive PS mode for a year or something else? Because if it is then that’s fucking stupid. How can I continue the story now?
naa normal spec ops operations does, ps4 just has survival

Paasei

I heard the maps are no longer your linear 3-lanes. Coming from CoD4 promod as my last CoD game and favorite fps, I'm feeling the urge a bit to try a new game again.

Still, I'm hesitant when I look at the previous releases.

Completed the campaign last night, one of the easier “veteran” games. It was ok, not great. The lighting is very pretty, but the Middle East levels lacked anything special. The House and Piccadilly Circus where the highlights.

Played a decent chunk of MP. It’s ok, again nothing amazing. The maps are petty boring/bad. Also I suck, a lot! I am starting to get a little better with upgraded weaponry and perks. I prefer COD Mobile to be honest.

GenericUser

I heard the maps are no longer your linear 3-lanes. Coming from CoD4 promod as my last CoD game and favorite fps, I'm feeling the urge a bit to try a new game again.

Still, I'm hesitant when I look at the previous releases.
The maps are definitly very different from the standard 3 lane maps that we grew custom to over the last years. The maps encourage tactical gameplay and the abuse of "power positions". I love it. I was sweating my ass off playing blops4 and the like and in this game, I can finally relax again. Just sitting back, casually playing call of duty. I missed that.

Has anyone put effort into the SPEC OPS mode. I played maybe a couple hours and it just seems lazily put together and empty. Is this only good with friends?

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I actually enjoy the many map routes and angles. But I enjoy realism in my games and the real world truth is life sucks for a ground soldier.
Every door can be wired and every window, car, tree etc etc could have an enemy combatant behind it waiting for you.

Clarissa

Banned
I'm getting terrible stuttering during cutscenes.

I'm playing on a i7-9700 + 2080ti RTX.

No reason it should stutter. Gameplay is silky smooth though.

Robhimself

Would they now, or shall we let people decide for themselves if they want 10 year old warmed up soup that tasted oh so good back in the day?

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Wanna may be get this. Will keep watching streams and this thread for self-convincing. BO4 was fun but not amazing for me, so I need some time to consider its worth and whether or not I'd consistently play haha.

TheFinalBoss

Neo Member
Anyone else having an issue with Modern Warfare completely crashing your xbox? I'm running a Xbox One X with Modern Warfare installed on an external hard drive and my xbox completely hard resets every 10-15 minutes of gametime.

PSYGN

Multiplayer is quite awful unless you like to camp. At least in games like CoD Ghosts you had perks like dead silence and ready up to counter them.

Last edited:

gioGAF

Well, I succumbed to the peer pressure and bought this. Many of my friends were telling me to get it, that we would party up, etc. As it turns out, none of them were anywhere to be found during launch weekend, so I ended up going solo. I must say, so far I am having a good time.

I enjoy getting to learn the weapons, load-outs, maps, etc. Hopefully history repeats itself and the MW team isn't as gutless as Treyarch who usually spends the rest of the year nerfing things into the ground. Especially now with 50+ levels on a firearm, I am going to be pretty pissed if whatever I end up liking the best gets erased from the game.

I haven't even unlocked everything. Digging the Kilo and the M4, messing around with the SMGs and randomly completed a challenge that gave me an MP7 unlock, which so far is the one I like best. My claymores are back too :-D

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Well, I succumbed to the peer pressure and bought this. Many of my friends were telling me to get it, that we would party up, etc. As it turns out, none of them were anywhere to be found during launch weekend, so I ended up going solo. I must say, so far I am having a good time.

I enjoy getting to learn the weapons, load-outs, maps, etc. Hopefully history repeats itself and the MW team isn't as gutless as Treyarch who usually spends the rest of the year nerfing things into the ground. Especially now with 50+ levels on a firearm, I am going to be pretty pissed if whatever I end up liking the best gets erased from the game.

I haven't even unlocked everything. Digging the Kilo and the M4, messing around with the SMGs and randomly completed a challenge that gave me an MP7 unlock, which so far is the one I like best. My claymores are back too :-D

I'm running the Shrapnel perk so that I have 2 claymores. Love putting them in front of closed doors.

J-Roderton

Several matches in. My thoughts:
-Weapons feel/sound more realistic
-Maps are very busy
-Time-to-Kill seems wayyy high to me. Idk if it’s because I haven’t played any serious amount of COD in a few years or what.
-I think everything feels a bit more slower, not R6 Seige slow, but slower. I dig it.

Looking forward to story mode.

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Are you fucking kidding me? Another patch. Version 1.05 already, 4 days after release.
So you're saying developers working like mad to patch a game's issues is a problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yeah I entered a match midway through where we were spawn trapped in Piccadilly. It was a miserable experience.

If you're on the street with the scaffolding, there's a view up there where you can pick off people in the 2 story building.

But yeah its a rough map. I see more people using Smoke Grenades when in previous CoDs people would use that slot for Stun or Flash.

Caffeine

this game is relentless today with lobbies i've been only put into games that have been going on and each time I enter the team is down by 40 last match they had a vtol and gunship spawn trapping I just left fuck that.
back to back 5 games already half way done we losing. and my stats in none of these games are even being counted. whats the point of staying in them. I can see my secondary kills challenge doesnt even go up.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Someone shower me with praise, please

20191029_023424mkjs9.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom