• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

Justin9mm

I rented the game, bailed on the campaign but I was digging the multiplayer until I had to return it today. Considering picking it up on a sale with more maps
Who rents games anymore, here in Australia I don't think you can even do that. The only place we could rent was from a DVD/Video store which were phased out like 5-10 years ago.

Justin9mm

To Everyone having crashes on the X, I've never had this problem but the game was installed on my external hard drive that is always plugged in for additional storage. I read somewhere that having it on an external HDD is a temp fix. So I can attest that for me personally, having this on an external HDD has not cause me any issue at all.

Last edited:

Romulus

Who rents games anymore, here in Australia I don't think you can even do that. The only place we could rent was from a DVD/Video store which were phased out like 5-10 years ago.

Here there is. Redbox and some mom and pop stores. Theres about 15-20 options in a 10 mile radius.

Tesseract

Banned
i'm slowly coming around to these maps, still don't think they're all hot but i've been spoiled by two decades of stellar multiplayer maps from the half-life modding community

the tech in this game is absolutely phenomenal tho, not just the graphics but the mechanical advancements for running and gunning, respawn finally has some competition in this space

still think the ttk / ttd is too short, but that's a personal problem since i've always liked shooters like halo / quake / titanfall that allow for clutch comebacks (where a bullet in the back doesn't mean instant death)

it's a tightrope to walk, i understand the appeal of the the edge of tomorrow live die repeat arena mantra, but it makes running high level players frustrating when poor respawns or shit get you instakilled

Last edited:

decisions

I fucking love this game. First time I've been super into COD in a while.

I feel a lot of the complaints about mp stem from people who never seriously played the older games (COD4-BO1), really don't want to learn the game or think about positioning, and just love whining in general.

Halfway through the campaign and loving it. Great mix of variety and nostalgia. With the MP, I love how deep the customization is. You can basically "reinvent" your favorite weapon in a few different ways. I'm super into the FAL right now, which is honest probably one of the harder guns to use, but it was really fun figuring it out and now I can get some really strong games with it.

Justin9mm

Here there is. Redbox and some mom and pop stores. Theres about 15-20 options in a 10 mile radius.
Wow, they wouldn't survive here or should I say haven't. In the now digital era we moved on from that long ago. Good to hear you still can though. We do have these DVD rental machines, that look a bit like cash machines, but they are rare and few and far between, I don't imagine they get used a whole lot either and it's only for movies.

Vol5

I absolutely suck at this game, like really bad. I'm usually at the bottom of the leader board with 6-7 kills and an equal amount of deaths. Coming from CoD4 where I was pretty much unstoppable (best was 41 kills in one game) to this, is an absolute nightmare. I swear to god I'm shooting guys in the head and they aren't going down. 2-3 hits and I'm down. It's ALWAYS me who loses a 1 on 1. And I mean every time. Even if I've got a good spot, people always get the drop on me from any position. Gun recoil while good and I want it in the game doesn't seem to effect others people when I view the killcam. It's depressing as fuck as I'm really enjoy it but I'm finding myself getting frustrated. Looking at scoreboards....how the fuck to people get 20-30 kills. It's madness.

kingwingin

I absolutely suck at this game, like really bad. I'm usually at the bottom of the leader board with 6-7 kills and an equal amount of deaths. Coming from CoD4 where I was pretty much unstoppable (best was 41 kills in one game) to this, is an absolute nightmare. I swear to god I'm shooting guys in the head and they aren't going down. 2-3 hits and I'm down. It's ALWAYS me who loses a 1 on 1. And I mean every time. Even if I've got a good spot, people always get the drop on me from any position. Gun recoil while good and I want it in the game doesn't seem to effect others people when I view the killcam. It's depressing as fuck as I'm really enjoy it but I'm finding myself getting frustrated. Looking at scoreboards....how the fuck to people get 20-30 kills. It's madness.

gFQNCtM.png

Anyone have issues with Spec Ops? I literally cant enter that mode. Says its not installed even tho I already did the 100GB patch. When it tries to go PS store, says content not available. But when I hover over the game in the UI, the only add-on I see is a dynamic theme.

Mista

Banned
Anyone have issues with Spec Ops? I literally cant enter that mode. Says its not installed even tho I already did the 100GB patch. When it tries to go PS store, says content not available. But when I hover over the game in the UI, the only add-on I see is a dynamic theme.
I’ve seen many with this issue. Your game is physical edition?

Now the game has skill based match making apparently, so you wont get put in games with much less skilled players, so kills will be harder to get.
Due to this, I really have to change my attitude to KDR. I used to enjoy keeping it at a certain level, but now Im gonna not bother with it at all.
Maybe war never changes, but CoD evidently does :(

Gerdav

That’s sound like either your tv’s input lag assuming you ain’t on a monitor or bad latency due to the skill based matchmaking.

I have a PS4 Pro and a launch PS4, the pro is on a Samsung 2019 QLED with low input lag and even free sync with the X, the launch is on the bedroom tv with just meh average input lag, both are wired connections with a 80/20 connection, from a input lag point of view it’s night and day playing on both, in the bedroom it’s exactly like you describe, of o turn it off and go immediately to the Pro it feels like I’m cheating.

I think I quite like this but I've definitely had to change my play style. The game forces you to due to the maps. No more Rambo style running and gunning, it's not worth it as you're just going to get shot in the back.

Slowed way down and I observe a whole lot more before making a move. I guess that's what the developers were aiming for.

I haven't been quick scoped from a metre away yet so that's definite progress.

Kagero

Same :( I started playing a lot slower and things are getting better. The problem is sprinting from place to place I found. Just don't do that lol. Play more tactically.

ViolentP

I suppose it's because I have never been a regular in any Call of Duty that I do not share many of the frustrations others have with the multiplayer. When I started, I was constantly getting destroyed. But as I continued to play and better familiarize myself with the maps, I have been netting positive in k/d. All without camping.

Those callouts however are just silly.

I suppose it's because I have never been a regular in any Call of Duty that I do not share many of the frustrations others have with the multiplayer. When I started, I was constantly getting destroyed. But as I continued to play and better familiarize myself with the maps, I have been netting positive in k/d. All without camping.

Those callouts however are just silly.

Love the callouts bruh..its so satisfying man. Just shot someone point blank with auto shotty, and my dudes like "hold that bitch" 🤜🔥🤛💪 😅🤣😂

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
Ive been out on call of duty for awhile but go in the beta and loved it so I pre-ordered. I've run through the campaign twice and loved it with the only critisism being length.

But last night the multiplayer was a nightmare, I spwaned into games that were underway right under an enemy vtol wich killed me instantly 3 times in a row before I could friggin move so I bailed, a few games later it happened again with airstrikes and helicopters and again I was instakilled upon spawning continuously. Once it happened a 3rd time I quit for the night. Has this been a problem in call of duty recently is it is just this game? I loved the Beta and this never happened. Has anyone else had this problem?

J-Roderton

It seems like half the time after I die, the kill cam doesn't play and it just takes a while to get back into the game. Then the controller vibrates like crazy for a few seconds.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Smoke has been working great for me. Throw it in a field or sightline, and sprint to your heart's content.

channie

Same here. I feel you bro.

Caffeine

Call of Duty: Modern Campers
ye you know its a problem when TDM ends to time cap around the 50 score mark. these dudes I was playing against wouldnt move they held same spots all game most boring shit ever, of course they were losing cause we had a bunch of aggressive styles on our team.
I must be blind. Can’t see it
its on the field upgrade screen when ur picking it on the right side. like dead silence pro go to dead silence.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So anyone else like spraying other players pretty colours? 😁

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
How do you even do that?
Yea what's that all about? It's there in the customize option, where and how do you use it? Another one "watch" accessory?
Hold up on the d-pad and select with the analogue stick
Just like selecting killstreaks
You can set Gestures or Sprays.
I tend to kill someone and spray their dead bodies and give them the thumbs up 😂

Last edited:
Hold up on the d-pad and select with the analogue stick
Just like selecting killstreaks
You can set Gestures or Sprays.
I tend to kill someone and spray their dead bodies and give them the thumbs up 😂

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! that's fucking insane yo..next level abuse right there 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣..would never figure this shit out, cause again, its kinna a cluster fk before I even figured out how to use XP tokens.

gioGAF

So far so good on MP. I hate seeing the whining and calls for nerfs this early on. Of course everyone is using the M4:

- it is one of the first unlocks
- it is good
- if you bought the game digitally you get a variant that has higher level attachments unlocked
- you are heavily encouraged to stick to the same gun, etc.

I have used other weapons and they are good, but then I return to the M4 because I have many more things unlocked for it. The Kilo is definitely just as good, the burst rifle is probably just as good. I really like the MP7, but all I have is a variant from a challenge, so I can't customize it.

I have played with many other weapons in private lobbies, and there are so many solid options. Sniper rifles are good, shotguns are good, lmgs are good, HOWEVER they all require the higher end unlocks to truly shine.

I can understand if someone doesn't like the maps, their preference, but crying about weapons and claymores is ridiculous. Only the truly hardcore have unlocked everything and might know what they are talking about when it comes to weapons. For claymores, E.O.D. says hello and that you should stop being a baby. I never understood this, just use E.O.D. if you are annoyed by claymores. The fact that you don't want to and prefer another perk doesn't mean there is problem with claymores, it means there is a problem with you.

I still don't know what to think of the maps, haven't reached that point yet. Many weapons seem strong, so that doesn't seem like a problem to me. If everything is "OP" then nothing is OP. I just hope the MW team isn't as dumb as Treyarch. They need to intervene as little as possible. I would be pretty pissed if they nerf every weapon that I have been using into the ground once I reach level 1000 of their weapon grind. If they are going to be little b* like Treyarch and cave to the whiners, they shouldn't have made the weapon grind so long.

gioGAF

MW2 remains my favorite. It was a different time, OG IW didn't cater to the crybabies. The only nerf I remember was to the Model 1887s. But according to everyone everything was OP, and so much fun.

Top Bottom