• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare |OT| Zero Dank Thirty

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It's insane how many cheaters there are on pc. Everyone runs around with wall hack and aimbot :(

Caffeine

It's insane how many cheaters there are on pc. Everyone runs around with wall hack and aimbot :(
naa not everyone having played cod on pc and console since 03 alot of people just focus on dead teammate skulls and pick you off in this game footsteps literally give you away. out of all the cods I would say only 10% of the community is actually hacking.
I have a clip somewhere of a guy literally scanning me through the wall on xbox based on my footsteps from across the street I was like holy shit those need to be toned down.

edit: heres the clip.

Last edited:

The_Mike

naa not everyone having played cod on pc and console since 03 alot of people just focus on dead teammate skulls and pick you off in this game footsteps literally give you away. out of all the cods I would say only 10% of the community is actually hacking.
I have a clip somewhere of a guy literally scanning me through the wall on xbox based on my footsteps from across the street I was like holy shit those need to be toned down.

So it's because I use TV speakers instead of headphones?

Holy shit that's crazy then.

Even though, people know I'm there by simply standing still.

Me and my team mates typically has a 3 k 15 d score while the enemy team has the opposite. It's no fun at all and is nothing but frustrating.

The_Mike

But it still feels like something is wrong for my games.

The only day I really did good was the first day. Now I'm getting stumped in every single match. Normally I do quite decent, but the last two days my matches has ended up with like 3 or 4 kills, and 15 to 18 deaths.

It sounds like I'm bad right? First off it's the first cod I've done so bad. Second of all, all my team mates has similar bad score. Meanwhile the opposing team has like 20 kills 2 deaths each.

It's like this in every match, and I'm done with this year's modern warfare until they fix it. I don't want to play against elite players that's twenty times above my league - or cheaters, since thmmey are aiming at me before they see me, and sometimes even shoot at me before I get visible (even though I have ghost on)

This game is either full of cheaters, or i'm getting stomped with skmm. Or a bit of both. And it makes the game unplayable.

Woo-Fu

Banned
But it still feels like something is wrong for my games.

The only day I really did good was the first day. Now I'm getting stumped in every single match. Normally I do quite decent, but the last two days my matches has ended up with like 3 or 4 kills, and 15 to 18 deaths.

It sounds like I'm bad right? First off it's the first cod I've done so bad. Second of all, all my team mates has similar bad score. Meanwhile the opposing team has like 20 kills 2 deaths each.

It's like this in every match, and I'm done with this year's modern warfare until they fix it. I don't want to play against elite players that's twenty times above my league - or cheaters, since thmmey are aiming at me before they see me, and sometimes even shoot at me before I get visible (even though I have ghost on)

This game is either full of cheaters, or i'm getting stomped with skmm. Or a bit of both. And it makes the game unplayable.

There are a lot of other possibilities. As far as every game being one side stomping the other that is the nature of this game's design. The team that is ahead gets more ahead due to killstreaks and map design.

People aiming at you before they see you is normal for anybody who has learned the map. They know the spawns, they know the routes, and if you're moving they can hear you half way across the map.

Lastly, if they're using headphones and you're not they don't need to cheat to win. If anything it sounds like SBMM isn't working at all.

Last edited:

The_Mike

There are a lot of other possibilities. As far as every game being one side stomping the other that is the nature of this game's design. The team that is ahead gets more ahead due to killstreaks and map design.

People aiming at you before they see you is normal for anybody who has learned the map. They know the spawns, they know the routes, and if you're moving they can hear you half way across the map.

Lastly, if they're using headphones and you're not they don't need to cheat to win. If anything it sounds like SBMM isn't working at all.

In the mountain map I've tried defending the flag where I had a 3.5 optic scope, and I've seen people running just for stopping up and aiming directly at me with their reflex sight and making a headshots before I even fire my first shot because I can't barely see them myself.

When I see kill am I keep thinking how the hell can they see me I can't even see myself on the killcam.

J-Roderton

I banked some story mode time today. Really digging it.

Then lag is making versus unplayable. Nothing wrong with my internet and other games are fine. Anyone else having issues?

Shmunter

In the mountain map I've tried defending the flag where I had a 3.5 optic scope, and I've seen people running just for stopping up and aiming directly at me with their reflex sight and making a headshots before I even fire my first shot because I can't barely see them myself.

When I see kill am I keep thinking how the hell can they see me I can't even see myself on the killcam.
Gee I hope it’s just good players Pre-empting someone being there as a likely scenario. Turn off cross play and see if things change, assuming you’re on console.

Vtecomega

Banned

Its not you bro. TTK is fucking absurd. You literally need to have reflexes of a cat to make a kill and its not fun. I made 20 kills and 1 death in my last match but I had to have a snort of coke and smash down a redbull just so I could be competitive.

Have you tried getting it from the PS home UI?

Yeah, shows nothing but dynamic theme for addons. I mean based on the size of downloaded patches, that should be it. I read on reddit a lot ofpeople have same issue but for some, they were able to find it as you said from UI. For me nothing shows up.

I was finally dumped into a lobby with all console players. I was begining to suck towards the end of the match though. Should be 24-5.

With crossplay off I had a hard time finding a lobby.

7a329962bf.png

Last edited:
Its fucking sad man..Peecee should've never been considered for cross platform thingie, IW developers knows better what these low life basement dweller come up with nowadays..they knew this will be a problem.

But thank Gawd for the switch..just a flip of a button take cares of the problem.

It was DOA day zero. Next gen I just want to play against PS5 broskis in the even field, and that's it, keep it in the family.. ......ewwwwww 🤭🙈

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm always amazed hackers/cheaters are able to crack these games with aimbots and stuff at launch.

It's like whomever invents these programs doesn't even have to do anything and just rehashes the same cheating program over and over again on every shooter and no dev has figured how to stop them.

The_Mike

Gee I hope it’s just good players Pre-empting someone being there as a likely scenario. Turn off cross play and see if things change, assuming you’re on console.
Its fucking sad man..Peecee should've never been considered for cross platform thingie, IW developers knows better what these low life basement dweller come up with nowadays..they knew this will be a problem.

But thank Gawd for the switch..just a flip of a button take cares of the problem.

It was DOA day zero. Next gen I just want to play against PS5 broskis in the even field, and that's it, keep it in the family.. ......ewwwwww 🤭🙈

But on pc, have cross play enabled, and never find other players than pc. Cries in a corner.

Tonight I got mowed down left and right. Total turn around from doing great since release. Game after game. Firefight after firefight I would get my shit packed. Felt like everyone knew exactly where I was and I was always dead before I even saw them. Then when I would have the drop my character would scream ENEMY! And they would turn and blow my head off. I probably had 20 terrible games to the point I was barely getting 2 kills.

took a break and then just tried again and went 16-0. But it’s like overnight something changed and I’m not sure it’s fully me. Maybe it’s that skill based matchmaking ;)

PSYGN

Those of you having different multiplayer experiences it's just skill based matchmaking trying to find your spot. Typically (for me at least), the longer I play in my session the more warmed up and better I play before I quit. So you start the next day "cold" and get slapped back down a few notches. Eventually the better you get the less wiggle you'll have between your cold/warmup times so you won't have such polarizing experiences. However, if you're new to the series just play the game without caring too much about gitting gud, because the gameplay is boring and stagnant as hell in the upper skill bracket. Poor map design, stupidly loud footsteps, and some poor gun design (SMG should be able to fire off a lot quicker considering how fast you die). A lot of this can be remedied, however, so hopefully Infinity Ward is open to feedback to prevent the gameplay gridlock happening even if they keep SBMM the same.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Headquarters is best mode until they put in Kill Confirmed. So damn good.

100%... I used to beast TDM and Domination I can barely go positive now in those modes but HQ causes you to move around the map.
MW2 remains my favorite. It was a different time, OG IW didn't cater to the crybabies. The only nerf I remember was to the Model 1887s. But according to everyone everything was OP, and so much fun.

Akimbo Model 1887s where disgusting lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 888
I can’t turn cross-play off because I mainly play Ground War

Haven't even touched that mode yet , been rocking TDM only atm.

How's GW? Heard is toxic, none of the opposing teams do any of the objectives, NOT even a goddamn capture the flag just waiting for fools in their little corners and picking off dudes 1 by 1 😔 😥

Any truth to that?

Mista

Banned
Haven't even touched that mode yet , been rocking TDM only atm.

How's GW? Heard is toxic, none of the opposing teams do any of the objectives, NOT even a goddamn capture the flag just waiting for fools in their little corners and picking off dudes 1 by 1 😔 😥

Any truth to that?
Nah, not true. There’re people in the lobby that only sits on roofs and snipes but the majority plays the objective

Roni

Gold Member
I've been playing the Multiplayer more since I've finished the story and I was getting my shit pushed in hard in normal gameplay with the HUD and everything... I tried out Realism last night to great success, I think I'm sticking with that. I thoroughly enjoyed the slower pace due to no compass or mini-map.

Scropio? Are you talking the Xbox One? I'm playing on PC.

Yes zir, I like to call it Scorpio because I'm one of the few that got a launch LE Scorp 😁🤜🔥🤛

Yea, you're in the tough spot, as you got no options or a plan B as far as cross play goes.

Got an idea, just turn off cross with PC players 🙊😋😋🤣.....and then what 💩

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
After seeing all the Hype and praise i am looking at possibly grabbing this. It would be my first CoD since MW3.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member

I was a PC gamer my whole life, cheating in Multiplayer is what made me go consoles... I can handle defeat if someone is clearly playing better than me, but I can't handle being killed by hackers.

I'm on PC. If people are cheating in my lobbies it isn't hugely obvious. They look the same as the ones I used to partake in on console. More realistic, if anything. A lot of time on console I'd see players getting into the high 30's / early 40's. No life kids, probably.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
How is the Ground War game mode? As a battlefield fan its what I'm most interested in.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Was on p.dilly last night and kept being spawned in the back that's shaped like a ] and the opposing team just camped those two sides and that was that. That was awful. Other than that I found sniping to be a ton of fun this time around. Normally machine guns dominate the match. Maybe its due to all the camping.

Mista

Banned
Was on p.dilly last night and kept being spawned in the back that's shaped like a ] and the opposing team just camped those two sides and that was that. That was awful. Other than that I found sniping to be a ton of fun this time around. Normally machine guns dominate the match. Maybe its due to all the camping.
Most garbage map in the game. “Enemy at the bus” are you serious you fucking prick? There’s like 10 busses there! My character callouts shouldn’t be heard by the enemy team. This is damn stupid and absurd

To Everyone having crashes on the X, I've never had this problem but the game was installed on my external hard drive that is always plugged in for additional storage. I read somewhere that having it on an external HDD is a temp fix. So I can attest that for me personally, having this on an external HDD has not cause me any issue at all.

I can jump on this too. I have an external SSD I bought to hold a few games I play on the reg. And no crash for me. Fix for now it seems.

MastAndo

So apparently aim assist is borked on PC when using a controller? So I've been playing at a distinct disadvantage this whole time...figures, I suspected I was the best CoD player on Earth, and this just confirms it.

TrainedRage

Banned
So I beat all the coop missions. Now replaying the story on realistic.

It's so funny hearing people saying how hard the coop mode is. I mean yeah there are lots of enemies but if you know the maps and how to do the mission objectives it's very doable and Damn fun.

It's a great way to level up hear and such.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm on PC. If people are cheating in my lobbies it isn't hugely obvious. They look the same as the ones I used to partake in on console. More realistic, if anything. A lot of time on console I'd see players getting into the high 30's / early 40's. No life kids, probably.
giphy.gif

I've got a pretty good surround system and I wouldn't have heard you from there, if you was outside the building I was in yes if your that close by.
But you would have heard everyone else too
nah, something else is off with that , unless it was just you two playing and they set the audio to boost footsteps
Also in the video your footsteps aren't audible until you reach the door, and that just for a second.
The character also call you out "I've got movement" while you was upstairs, as if they had visual.
And their crosshire was following you through the building, something is off but I don't believe he could hear you.
It was more like he could see you.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I can jump on this too. I have an external SSD I bought to hold a few games I play on the reg. And no crash for me. Fix for now it seems.
Quick question, in regards to campaign, I have had a few stuttering issues during cutscenes and a few stuttering issues during gameplay. Being you have it on an SSD did you have these issues? My theory is that an SSD could somewhat alleviate a bit of this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom