• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Trilogy on Amazon

Now I really want to see what the COD event will show if they do one this year. Fingers crossed for the whole package and not just SP.

Non stop kill streaks, akimbo anything, op weapons, quick scoping killed it for me after the simplicity of CoD4

The maps played a role in this as well. There were a good amount of places where you could just use a grenade launcher from the other side and rack up kills/killstreaks with little to no effort. They just made the maps easier for this and other exploits.

I like One Man Army, but it was just placed in a terrible environment/system to be good.

Dominator

Oh boy. If it's all 3 campaigns and a connected online system where they have every map (including DLC) then that could be one of the best collections ever. That's a shit ton of maps!

Mahonay

Banned
Oh boy. If it's all 3 campaigns and a connected online system where they have every map (including DLC) then that could be one of the best collections ever. That's a shit ton of maps!
I'd only play the campaign for COD4 again.

Probably primarily COD4 for the multiplayer too, although I'd dabble in MW2 since I played it a ton when it was current.

Why is everyone so certain it will be single player only? Master Chief Collection had all the MP. Granted, it didn't work. But still, it wasn't a crazy idea then. Why is it now?

If this is real, there's no chance they're remasters. They'll just be straight ports, on one disc.

If these were remasters, they'd be released one at a time. You're dreaming if you think Activision of all publishers would give you three remasters for the price of one. A remaster of MW1 alone would sell like fucking hotcakes.

Shauni

Why is everyone so certain it will be single player only? Master Chief Collection had all the MP. Granted, it didn't work. But still, it wasn't a crazy idea then. Why is it now?

I think the main issue is some people think Activision will be afraid the online from this collection would undercut the online from the newest game, but that assumption really only works if they release in the same timeframe. Odds are they won't.

dolabla

Why the heck would they release these games without the multiplayer? I'm personally not one of of them, but the reason lots of people played these games was because of the multiplayer. That wouldn't make sense to do that.

SillyJoe

BMjOiCS.png

hope

El_Chino

Now I really want to see what the COD event will show if they do one this year. Fingers crossed for the whole package and not just SP.

The maps played a role in this as well. There were a good amount of places where you could just use a grenade launcher from the other side and rack up kills/killstreaks with little to no effort. They just made the maps easier for this and other exploits.

I like One Man Army, but it was just placed in a terrible environment/system to be good.

Exactly.

Mw3 MP had decent gameplay, but man those maps were terrible. I was good at abusing the scorestrwak system though so I wouldn't mind playing it again.

If this is real, there's no chance they're remasters. They'll just be straight ports, on one disc.

If these were remasters, they'd be released one at a time. You're dreaming if you think Activision of all publishers would give you three remasters for the price of one. A remaster of MW1 alone would sell like fucking hotcakes.
Yep. This is the same company who ported Prototype to current gem and charged like $60 for it. Not a chance

Because:

Activision
Micro transactions
Unable to monetise remaster multilayer

Unless they do that is. I can not see Activision would release this 'free of Micro transactions' multiplayer game alongside their flag ship game which will be covered in them.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Better than when most of the weapons in Black Ops 1 were clones of each other/useless like the Uzi.

Yeah. I'll take everything being OP (aka, viable. Sorry AR and SMG users) over useless guns and peashooters. MW2 had a ton of playstyles.

RyanW

So if that tweet from @CallofDuty means we're getting it and those listings on Amazon are true, then May 17th release(as said on both the Japan and UK page)? Surely that's a placeholder

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Fuck, i remember when i was playing Modern Warfare 2 SO much... then a friend crushed the disc. I still hate him :p
joke

I was gonna buy again MW2 for 360, but if this is true... damn.

COD MW had dedicated servers, so i think lazyeye will just give the SP! As for 2 and 3 they were p2p so they won't have issues with remastering the MP modes, imo.

I strongly dislike COD, but I would like a return of MW1.

Would play that quite a bit, but because I have a PC only now, I doubt that will turn out very good =/

Top Bottom