• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Vanguard official reveal

MiguelItUp

The Treyarch zombies mode is becoming undeniable, activision knows they are leaving money on the table by not including it, because there's a whole group of people that buy CoD just for Treyarch zombies.
Def. It's definitely a smart move on their end. I just can't help but imagine it's going to exhaust it even more so if it just becomes a yearly addition now.

Fredrik

Pretty sure this isn't realistic at all, I think its a "What If" WW2 game.
Okay, as long as they don’t do it like Battlefield 1 with the name and birth and death date etc, they tried to make it more emotional I guess but it just made me feel like shit.

McCarth

What is American obsession with WW2. The part of history is done to the death and frankly quite boring.
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

MCplayer

Experience combat through a story of the multinational soldiers who came together to form Task Force One and set the stage for Special Forces as we know it. These are the heroes of Call of Duty: Vanguard:

• Sergeant Arthur Kingsley, 9th Parachute Battalion, British Army
  • Lieutenant Polina Petrova of the 138th Rifle Division, Red Army
  • Lieutenant Wade Jackson, Scouting Squadron Six, United States Navy
  • Private Lucas Riggs, 20th Battalion, Australian 9th Infantry Division, British Eighth Army

whats the name of the girl on your pic?

Mahavastu

might be a stupid question, but is this the official confirmation that there won't be a huge Sony Summer E3 show we all hoped for? :pie_eyeroll:

VN1X

Banned
Looking forward to the multiplayer footage. Hopefully we get that sooner rather than later.

Also that was such a weird reveal trailer but I guess the main message they wanted to get across is "this is the real BFV" or something lol.

nemiroff

Gold Member
The short gameplay stuff mixed in between the CG didn't look that hot in my humble opinion. It does not look like an upgrade from MW2019. IDK..

Right, all of that is bullshit because Call of Duty continues to dominate when it comes to shooters.
Scratch your butt if it itches. Man, COD fanboys are really salty about my comment. Just to be clear, you fucking crybabies, imma get it just for the campaign. Like every fucking year.

Droxcy

Only thing that tickles the interest is Treyarch doing the zombies but even then I didn’t play zombies on Cold War so basically no reason to buy it the fad has passed for me.

Mossybrew

Gold Member
Might be something I'd pick up on sale next year if the campaign turns out good. That last CoD WWII game, the campaign was the same ancient formula of narrow corridor>smallish shooting gallery arena>narrow corridor>setpiece probably in a vehicle>repeat and I could only stomach like two hours of this before I noped out. At least it was free, not paying for that kind of 2005 era game design.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I'll wait for more gameplay to be revealed. It looks like the campaign will be typical over the top CoD.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't know, I saw bits that was real-time but it was mostly CGI.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
What is American obsession with WW2. The part of history is done to the death and frankly quite boring.

There is a ton of interesting things about WW2, between the weapons, the personal stories of courage, bravery, and sacrifice. To say nothing about the massive amounts of strategy that was involved in addition to how technology/industry played a key roll in everything. The bigger question would really be to me how you could find it boring.
That said, I am always torn on the capitalization of it, while it's interesting to play/read/watch about it, millions actual people died, in some ways it's bad to use it at all. And that's from someone who likes WWII games a lot. I doubt we'd feel the same way if we lived through it.

HTK

Banned
Scratch your butt if it itches. Man, COD fanboys are really salty about my comment. Just to be clear, you fucking crybabies, imma get it just for the campaign. Like every fucking year.
I'm not salty at all my friend, I just think the good'ol hating on CoD for being CoD has been beaten to death (You don't get any cool points anymore). Normally people that hate on CoD don't have any actual arguments other than it's CoD.

supernova8

Banned
Well at least we can now ignore all of Tom Henderson's "woow one of the best looking games on next-gen woooowwww" bollocks. It looks good but it's still decidedly COD. Might say it looks marginally better than Cold War.

Plus, the way they switched in and out between CGI and "gameplay" was really annoying. If you're so confident about your visuals just fucking show them and leave CGI outside.

Last edited:

sendit

Yeeeahhhhh, Halo and Battlefield gonna make this an afterthought
I feel like you're living in a cave.

dcll

Banned
Won’t buy unless their is a woke edition with the Nazis literally being just normal people who have different opinions and non dyed hair

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Only thing that tickles the interest is Treyarch doing the zombies but even then I didn’t play zombies on Cold War so basically no reason to buy it the fad has passed for me.

You're missing out, Cold War Zombies has been really good. Outbreak feels completely different to the standard round-based maps, as all the additional space and traversal mechanics make the pace much less frantic. The Playstation "exclusive" onslaught mode is pretty thin, but its fun enough in short bursts. The main thing though is the traditional maps and their gameplay are really tight. So even though there are fewer of them, they are all fun with plenty of replayability.

Top Bottom