• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty WW2 reveal 26 april, website up [UPDATE: Leaked screenshots]

Another SPR gif. The opening is just something else man.

You know, it's pretty disgusting how little cover they had on the beach, I don't think we will ever really know how it must have felt running up that beach.

Some of the bravest men is for damn sure.

LLZUSuC.gif
My only (tiny personal) gripe is that the scale felt small in retrospective, at least when you see the beach from that perspective and then see actual pictures of what the beach landing looked like

That's why I always wanted to see what modern tech could do. You can capture that scale digitally

I think their kind of treating this as a "reboot".

Haven't sales been kind of flat for the previous few COD games?

They've definitely slowed down, although they still tend to be the best selling game released each year. But the most popular games in the series are unquestionably those that are more grounded. So, this is really their chance to recapture some of that audience that may have drifted away. I think this game will be huge even by CoD standards if they manage to hit the right notes.

GutsOfThor

First time in a long while that I'm super hyped for a Call of Duty game! Feels weird lol.

Is the Call of Duty classic that's up on the PS Store or X1 store worth a shit?

strafer

My only (tiny personal) gripe is that the scale felt small in retrospective, at least when you see the beach from that perspective and then see actual pictures of what the beach landing looked like

That's why I always wanted to see what modern tech could do. You can capture that scale digitally

Yeah, the real beach is pretty big.

1100px-Omaha_Beach_Nowadays.jpg

But I think they did a good job.

savingprivateryan_97360748444_3.png

ryan299

I want a Normandy multiplayer mode. Storm the beaches, though I think Battlefield would be better suited to delivering a mode like that.

Did anyone else love WaW SP?

Felt it was quite underrated and overlooked. It even has the full thin available in 4 player (offline) co op

One thing I trust COD to do over Battlefield is the single player

Guys also stop making me want to play World at War! I never played that one because of the stupidest reason ever.
First time in a long while that I'm super hyped for a Call of Duty game! Feels weird lol.

Is the Call of Duty classic that's up on the PS Store or X1 store worth a shit?
I liked it a lot! It's been a while though so opinions might have changed.
Speaking of SPR wonder if we will ever get a 4K version.
Dang I hope so. I really do.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Felt it was quite underrated and overlooked. It even has the full thin available in 4 player (offline) co op

Pretty sure it was only 2-player coop offline, or 4 online, but yeah, I dug it. Didn't get to play the whole thing, but I was impressed by the atmosphere. That game is a big part of the reason I've been wanting to revisit WWII in current gen.

You know, I said I'd never buy another Cod at full price again after Ghosts, and I've stuck to that so far. I've rented them, beat the single player, and moved on, but this might pull me back. A good classic SnD, with a good single player. I might do it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Pretty sure it was only 2-player coop offline, or 4 online, but yeah, I dug it. Didn't get to play the whole thing, but I was impressed by the atmosphere. That game is a big part of the reason I've been wanting to revisit WWII in current gen.
WaW is pretty good as long as you don't play it on Veteran.

There also weren't any massive bunkers facing the beaches as you see in the movie. But it's a great film.

It felt ROUGH coming after Modern Warfare, but it was a good enough campaign.

WillyFive

Shouldn't be all that difficult, at least from a technical perspective, given how that whole beach-landing sequence in Frontline was very clearly limited by the tech they were working with. At times it looked like 20 soldiers were invading Normandy XD

Whether or not they can beat Michael Giaccino's amazing score for Frontline is another matter.

Heck, just bring back Michael Giacchino's Call of Duty theme! The fact that he did the score for the first game is nuts, and it's crazy that they aren't milking that.

Apologies if this has been answered already, but has there been no mention of a Modern Warfare 2 remake? Looking at the marketing material it doesn't seem to advertise that anywhere.

A combination of WW2 and Modern combat in one package would make this an amazing overall deal.
Expect it in 2019, the 10 year anniversary and its infinity ward's turn again. It writes itself.

BBboy20

Heck, just bring back Michael Giacchino's Call of Duty theme!Probably one of the most melancholic and moving soundtracks that has been used in the game, but this is only my opinion. I couldn' . . . The fact that he did the score for the first game is nuts, and it's crazy that they aren't milking that.
One of the greatest endings ever.
It makes you get pissed off at the existence of the Cold War within the last 20 seconds

Hell, I'll be more on board if he makes a return.

Guys stop making me want to watch Saving Private Ryan.

You should anyway! It's by far my favorite movie :)

Same here.

The last time I was hyped for a Call of Duty was Call of Duty 2.

Speaking of SPR wonder if we will ever get a 4K version.

We will and I hope they include a modern retrospective with Spielberg and all of the main actors.

Hopefully it tops MoHFrontlines dday.

The bar/gold-standard thus far is Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault's Omaha Beach mission.

I can't wait to see how incredibly high Sledgehammer Games sets the bar for that mission!

DeaDPo0L84

My favorite CoD was 2, really cant wait to see what a current gen version WW2 can be. Will be the first CoD I buy since the first MW. Got tired of the sci-fi wall running jetpack CoD recently. CoD was founded upon and known for these types of games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I rather have a good MP mode than zombies.

COD multiplayer has been shit for years now... way too fast, terrible map design, awful killstreaks etc.

Top Bottom